Buying an S3 in the next 3-4 months advice please

gordie1973

Reaction score
hello all,

Been away for a while whilst I had my midlife crisis (gave the 2 fingers to job, took year off,travelled with family around NZ), now back, landed what I think is the best job in the world, with a car allowance!

Bought a Skoda kodiaq for the family car already (ruddy amazing thing!) so now it’s time to tick the last box for mid life crisis, and getting myself a decent performance run around. Naturally an S3 is now in the running.

Whilst I would like new and 310hp, realistically the right thing to do is take something that’s had the lions share of depreciation, say 3 years old with less than 40k miles on it.

So that got me thinking, you guys tend to look after your cars, and no doubt some of you will be looking to change over the next 3 months, so if you are thinking of it please keep me in mind.

I’ll keep looking on autotrader anyway, as I’m a bit of a magpie when it comes to the exciting times of car purchase for me, (from out of nowhere the 640d has spiked my interest!!!) but just thought I’d keep options open with you fine bunch.

Spec is fairly simple, sportback, any colour excl white, s tronic, B&O. That’s it. Tech pack advantageous, but not a deal breaker.

Live in belfast, but work has me in Scotland and England a fair bit so happy to travel / collect.

Hopefully not breaking any forum rules here - if so admin please delete / move as necessary.

Cheers,

Gordie

Reactions: Phil-1
Welcome back! I’m sure the mid life crisis travels were great....wouldn’t mind doing something similar if I get the chance!

Your bound to get a member contacting you with a tidy S3 they’ll be thinking about selling on. Have you spoke to guys at Belfast Audi? They’ll know what is due in from people trading in for a new car. Done this a few times and it is well worth trying.

Reactions: gordie1973
Will be moving on from my S3 saloon at the end of year for my own mid life crisis so if you are in the market for what will be a 20 month old version with about 15k on the clock and spec as signature drop me a PM

Reactions: Jassyo06 and gordie1973
Welcome back! I’m sure the mid life crisis travels were great....wouldn’t mind doing something similar if I get the chance!

Your bound to get a member contacting you with a tidy S3 they’ll be thinking about selling on. Have you spoke to guys at Belfast Audi? They’ll know what is due in from people trading in for a new car. Done this a few times and it is well worth trying.

Great shout on Belfast audi. They have one at the minute in stock, but 3dr and manual. . .

Will call by over the next week and see what they’ve got coming in.

Cheers,

G

Your timing is perfect, the new 68 plate starts in a few weeks. The dealers should be in for a deluge of trade in cars

Reactions: gordie1973
Your timing is perfect, the new 68 plate starts in a few weeks. The dealers should be in for a deluge of trade in cars

Not sure the new plate means a huge amount here in NI, as we have our own system, but yes, maybe worthwhile calling a few dealers in England / Scotland / Wales.

Anyone got a couple of decent dealers they can reccomend, as my previous 2 in Surrey / London were at best average!

Not sure the new plate means a huge amount here in NI, as we have our own system, but yes, maybe worthwhile calling a few dealers in England / Scotland / Wales.

Anyone got a couple of decent dealers they can reccomend, as my previous 2 in Surrey / London were at best average!
Depends on what part of the country you want to travel to mate, but I'll start with Lake District Audi, Lindal, Cumbria.

Reactions: MattSedg and S1Pete
I'd sell mine but not a sport back but miles for smile is plenty haha.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Not sure I'd class an S3 as a mid-life crisis car. More like a sensible option.