anyone got the latest engine ecu map/update for the BKD engine?

cypher007

Reaction score
ive got a mpps cable just want a stock map that's new to see if it fixes some of the issues I have.

been told sometimes the updated software can fix issues. I have rough idle and hot start probs.

will check with vcds I believe its a EDC16 will get the full number tonight.

It’s defo edc16. Drop us the number, and I’ll check flashes.

Reactions: cypher007
vcds:

03g 906 016 ff

r4 2.0l edc 0200sg 7364

just a thought which figure is the software version number? is it (7364)?

Yes, it is 7364. Just checked flash files and this version is the recent one. What issues are you having?

Rough idle, which I’ve patched to a degree by upping the idle to 900 rpm, but I can still feel occasional misfires even at 1500 when testing it, and hot starting. When it does start hot it goes with a thud like the sump just whacked the bottom of the car. Apparently this is down to the map needing 200 rpm before it will fuel.

I have some probs with the esp and steering assist as well.

I’ve fitted a new v157 flap and cleaned tested the egr, used a Mitty vac.

Hot start can be fixed by an incredibly simple remap, you already said you have MPPS, so get WinOLS and do it yourself at your own responsibility.
The idea is to find a map and alter fueling below certain rpm so your injectors inject some fuel into the cylinder even if 200 rpm (or whatever the number is) hasn't been met.

The other solution is to fix your starter motor. :)

As for rough idle, do a live logging of injectors offsets with VCDS, if they are all relatively low then you can look elsewhere, but I had the same issue with my previous BKD and I changed an injector which fixed this.

the previous owner said the starter motor had been replaced about a year ago. I recon it could be the battery, as this looks original. the little spy hole is black so might check the fluid levels and top it up, wearing goggles of course. it seems to crank it ok to be honest, not lazy like some batteries end up going, usually in winter. I think it probably vw's optimistic 200rpm setting in the map that's the problem.

Done a quick test with the engine hot. Getting about -0.19 and -0.15 on the first 2 cylinders and 0.26 and 0.05 on the last 2.

If your getting nowhere wny not go and spend the money to get someone with greater knowledge to have a look incase you do more damage . Just a thought

err don't want to spend money on it as don't earn enough and car isn't worth major spending. if I used dealers every time I had a problem on my cars I would probably use the bus. ive also found on many occasions, not just on my cars but friends and families also, that the dealers haven't got a scoobies and will just keep replacing stuff until you get ****** and go away.

Hot start can be fixed by an incredibly simple remap, you already said you have MPPS, so get WinOLS and do it yourself at your own responsibility.
The idea is to find a map and alter fueling below certain rpm so your injectors inject some fuel into the cylinder even if 200 rpm (or whatever the number is) hasn't been met.

The other solution is to fix your starter motor. :)

As for rough idle, do a live logging of injectors offsets with VCDS, if they are all relatively low then you can look elsewhere, but I had the same issue with my previous BKD and I changed an injector which fixed this.

quick question is it possible to do the mod I need with the demo, or will I need the full version ;).

checked the torsion value and its at -1.5kw, the nm fluctuates quite a lot 20nm to 28nm but average is about 25nm, the consumption is 0.4l/h.

does adjusting the torsion value closer to 0 alter fuel consumption + or -?

Ok did a 500ml diesel purge tonight, going to do a fuel filter and oil change tomorrow. Already the engine seems quieter and the rough idle is almost gone. Think I’ll get the garage I use for general mech stuff to help me adjust the timing to -0.5kw. Then I think I can adjust the idle back to 830.

P.s. the last bit of diesel purge looked like black coffee. I did notice when I reved the engine that a the odd bubble in the return line turned into a stream. Is this ok or have I got an air leak somewhere? Also could the dark colour some people report when running the diesel purge through be dirt or could it be oil getting in through the tandem pump?

If I remember correctly, correct consumption reading while standing still should be 0.5 l/h, but don't take me for granted.

well changed the: oil filter, air filter, oil, pollen filter, replaced all 4 glow plugs (3 were dead, explains the loud nailing one cold morning). haven't checked the consumption but it seems to have brought back the idle issue. plus when I went to start it this morning it wasn't happy, the battery seems nearly knackered, which is strange as when I checked it yesterday my charger said 80% charge. probably wasn't an issue when it was only heating 1 plug :) .

Might be worth reading post #12 just so you can get to the bottom off it and hopefully throwing money away

Might be worth reading post #12 just so you can get to the bottom off it and hopefully throwing money away

not really throwing money away as it needed a service anyway. just strange how putting new stuff on it seems to have made it a bit worse. maybe because the new air filter is letting a bit more air in so weakening the mixture, though the maf should compensate.

not really throwing money away as it needed a service anyway. just strange how putting new stuff on it seems to have made it a bit worse. maybe because the new air filter is letting a bit more air in so weakening the mixture, though the maf should compensate.
Still say professional help would have sussed problem and sorted by now

well it only had about 800 miles left before a service, I do short trips so as it was on variable servicing I decided to switch it to fixed servicing while I was at it. the glow plugs were defo gone as vcds picked them up as an error, plus when we pulled them and tested each only one would work.

at the mo im putting up with the idle as at 900rpm its barely noticeable and would rather have economy over smooth idle. as I spend lots of time shuffling in traffic.

Done a quick test with the engine hot. Getting about -0.19 and -0.15 on the first 2 cylinders and 0.26 and 0.05 on the last 2.

after the diesel purge the figures are about -0.12 to -0.15 for the first 2 cylinders and 0.12 to 0.15 for the other 2. so it seems the purge has levelled up the injectors nicely.