Audi Driver International 2007

G4JSG said:
Just wondered if we will have neough space around the 10 cars in our "pitch" for a shelter?

I have a 3x3m pop up shelter, http://www.surfturf.co.uk/, that I used when I did my car valeting. After us all standing around last year I thought if we had the space I'd bring it along and we could all bring folding chairs and have somewhere to sit and chat????

Let me know asap if this is ok so I can dig it out of my garage, just moved house so the place is a mess, and I'll bring a small table too.

It depends on where they position us, but it shouldn't be a problem, we will just have to park closer and ding each other's cars lol, Dentmaster will be there anyways. I'm hoping that we will be on Tarmac like last year, and not on grass 2 years ago.

Anyone heading down the M5 from the Midlands or going through the Midlands, me and (I will not be late)Voorhees will be meeting at Strensham services around 7ish, or Ideally a bit earlier and leave at 7 anyways. :racer:

G4JSG said:
I'll be passing that services so let me kow what time and where you'll be and I'll time things right to meet up.

Just get there before 7AM and prey that we are already there haha.

Does anyone know the procedures to go on the track, like do we need to be at the circuit early for a track briefing before we are allowed on etc.?

If it's like last year they hold the breifings every 30 mins from 9am to lunch. You get your wrist band and then have to take your car to be safety checked, basically a quick visual and then a sound check on your exhaust......then you're done.

So have you paid for morning or afternoon on track guys? Weather looks not too bad all day but afternoon looks bit better.

G4JSG said:
If it's like last year they hold the breifings every 30 mins from 9am to lunch. You get your wrist band and then have to take your car to be safety checked, basically a quick visual and then a sound check on your exhaust......then you're done.

So have you paid for morning or afternoon on track guys? Weather looks not too bad all day but afternoon looks bit better.

That's ok then, my mate won't turn up until 10am, I'm planning to buy 2 slots for the AM period, one for me and one for a good mate in my car! :racer:

God help me!

Anyone who fancies a few laps as passenger in my motor just let me know on the day. Yes I do "drive it like i stole it" but I promise I won't kill you.....well much.

G4JSG said:
Anyone who fancies a few laps as passenger in my motor just let me know on the day. Yes I do "drive it like i stole it" but I promise I won't kill you.....well much.

I'd like a passenger ride mate if one is available?

Also, i'll bring a load of audi-sport stickers with me for everyone on the stand....

See you all tomorrow
Rich.

If I chicken out with taking mine round then I`d love a passenger lap cheers? :icon_thumright: Not done track driving before so will have a look and see what its all about?:hubbahubba:

Sounds good Rich-I`ll purchase a couple of them off you if I may:icon_thumright: If I am brave enough to venture on track I can do some pass laps too maybe???:cool:

No probs, I'm in a more powerful car this time so I'll be taking it easy until I get used to it.

My 2.5TDi Q A4 that I had last year didn't really get to the point of too much speed to get worried about my limits....but this motor I have now has enough and more, so I'll be "playing" at who give in to fear first...me or the car!!!

Still want to be a passenger now Rich???

So is there good run off areas for a spot of gardening???:scared2:

G4JSG said:
No probs, I'm in a more powerful car this time so I'll be taking it easy until I get used to it.

My 2.5TDi Q A4 that I had last year didn't really get to the point of too much speed to get worried about my limits....but this motor I have now has enough and more, so I'll be "playing" at who give in to fear first...me or the car!!!

Still want to be a passenger now Rich???

Hell yeah! The faster the better! LOL

Anyone coming on track make sure you bring your driving license with you, either the plastic card or the old style paper one, and a helmet, unless you want to loan one of their "used" lids.

Clothing is important too, you have to have legs and arms covered to get cleared to go on track......so as it might be warm tomorrow you might also want to make sure you have a long sleave T-shirt too.

Myabe this year I might get a pic of my motor on the offical website!!!

If you look at the pics on the link I put on a few posts ago to last years pictures and video you can see the track has some good grass areas before you will hit anything - well in most areas and other cars are always something you have to watch out for.........someone else out of control coming at you into a bend is something to look out for.....saw that a few times last year.

http://www.cleversnaps.com/thumbnails.php?album=89

...and a video of the day by clicking the link below.
http://www.pistonheads.tv/clip1091

£5, that's new. Erm 5 up..............it'll make the new car as slow as the last one then....boo hoo

As we are all very childish on here, own up now, I guess we could go 5 up on the kids lunchtime lap?? Last year my daughter was really chuffed that we go to do a tiny bit of flat out round the track.........kids lap my 4rse!!

jojo said:
Additional passengers need to pay a fiver apparently, wanna do a lap 5 up in your A4? :racer:
They only allow front seat passengers unless on the kiddie lap. Washed my car earlier, but if it stays like this tomorrow it will be filthy again by the time I get there.

dickys3 said:
I'd like a passenger ride mate if one is available?

Also, i'll bring a load of audi-sport stickers with me for everyone on the stand....

See you all tomorrow
Rich.

Hey Stranger! Welcome back; how's the golf?!..

I'll be there with Martin in my new TT but looks like I'll be relegated to the car park this year!...:think:
Leaving Swansea about 7.30 so should get there 9 ish...

Just washed mine, and the wheels are now shiny!!

But I reckon it'll be filthy dirty again by the time we get there....but hey ho at least it looks nice now. I'll be the one washing my car again tomorrow so it looks nice going around the track....less wind resistance if it's shiny.....erm yeah I know....nice try though.

I don't want to scare anyone, including me, but here's what can go wrong when racing around Castle Combe.

http://www.bhpcars.co.uk/mlr/Combe-crash.wmv

watch ALL of this and then tell me not to worry....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ0-zkEyHIE

O M G :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Thats a good vid.

Other than hitting someone, the only part to watch is Quarry as it has no run off. Saw a TT damage all panels on one side at Audi Driver a few years ago. Remember to take it easy out of the pits on your first lap - cold tyres + cold brakes = fun at Quarry!

G4JSG said:
Clothing is important too, you have to have legs and arms covered to get cleared to go on track
thanks

jojo said:
Anyone heading down the M5 from the Midlands or going through the Midlands, me and (I will not be late)Voorhees will be meeting at Strensham services around 7ish, or Ideally a bit earlier and leave at 7 anyways. :racer:
Its an hour and seven minutes according to the AA route planner so I'll see you bang on time just like last time at Corley services Joe :slapped:

Joe if I make it for 6-45 is brekky on you?!

Morning !!

Im just getting ready to leave !!

FItted cruise control to my S3 last night, Just about got it done before it got dark.

Looking forward to get out on the road and see if it all works as it should !

See you guys in a few hours!

I'm back!, off to work in a mo', nice meeting you all and seeing some regulars also, I look forward to seeing some pics from other members, as I forgot my Camera. :photo:

jm-baker said:
FItted cruise control to my S3 last night, Just about got it done before it got dark.

I could have done with cruise on the way back!

100 miles there, 2 track sessions and 100 miles back in one tank of fuel, not a bad day I must say. :):racer:

Thanks for organising Joe. Had a good time and will definitely be out on track in the S3 next year.

Just got back from Castle Combe!! (well we did stop at the travel lodge saturday night!)
Big big shout to JoJo for sorting out the day :respekt: and a big shout also to all who turned up.
Like someone said in a post elsewhere, it was good to put faces to names.
Wife busy downloading the 450 plus pics for me! Yes over 450!!!
Got some cracking track action shots of you guys!
Got one or two grass tracking action shots too....cough cough...no names mentioned at this stage!:shutup2: Watch this space:lmfao:

Well i don't see any grass box attachments!
IMG_4843.JPG