Some advìce regarding pioneer sph da120?

Gaz78

Reaction score
I have the above unit fitted in my new to me 2007 A3. Couple of questions for any experts please? :-
1) Has anyone successfully connected their Android phone to this unit? I can do Bluetooth but that's all. I do have 2 usb cables installed which at one time an iPhone was connected to and gave screen mirroring to the head unit.

2) From the pictures (I apologise they aren't great), is anything missing that would enable steering wheel controls as at the moment they are non functioning? I've read about the "connect2s" boxes so maybe need one of these?

3) There's an "autoleads h2l" box as shown. What's this do, and what's the 2 small white switches next to the flashing red light on it for??

4) Anyone else fitted these and got them flush? I don't like the way the unit sits in the dash particularly.

Hopefully these pics will help a bit too, and any tips or advice greatly appreciated guys :icon thumright:

Gaz

20190210 194441 600x800
20190210 192547 600x800
20190210 201056 600x800
20190210 201045 600x800
20190210 192750 600x800

That is a line level converter. High to low level output. Used for connecting to an amp.

I would have thought your pioneer had pre-outs so this would be surplus to requirement.

To get steering wheel control you could use a controlPro CP2 vag52

Ok......so it looks like there's nothing there for steering wheel controls then.
Do you know what's the best way to get this feature without spending a fortune??

Thanks mate

Gaz

That is a line level converter. High to low level output. Used for connecting to an amp.

I would have thought your pioneer had pre-outs so this would be surplus to requirement.

To get steering wheel control you could use a controlPro CP2 vag52

Thanks Abmat......found one on ebay new for £30, offered £20 and they took it! So should have this sorted this week.

Just need to look at options for getting a more flush fit???

Thanks mate

Gaz

Not sure if you will. My alpine sits a little proud, one because the fascia is slightly curved and two, because to be able to clip the surround in it has to be a bit proud so the clips engage.

I cut off the clips on my surround then dremelled the back of surround a little and finally superglued some tiny magnets on the back so if ‘attached’ to the exposed metal cage. It sits flush - however for those units where the fascia flips down and out to expose the cd/dvd/sd slot then it needs to remain proud to allow the fascia to move.

Reactions: abmat
So my Autoleads CP2 Vag52 wiring turned up today. Thought I would go out to the car, pull the unit and swap over the existing loom to my new one and be done in 10 mins.......oh no! 3 hours later and I'm still there!!

Basically I ended up removing the cp2 unit from my new loom, and splicing it into my existing old loom, which as the pictures above show was an autoleads loom already.

For whatever reason there was no sound output when fitting the new loom with the cp2 unit in it. Steering wheel controls worked etc, just zero sound?? It should just be plug and play, as the loom was specific to Audi and a pioneer head unit which I have.

After much sighing and groaning I was almost at the point of giving up but then thought I could try "butchering" the 2 looms together. I just knew once I started there would be no going back, no chance of returning the faulty loom (if it was faulty???) if I wanted to. Anyway, all butchered and spliced and it works great now :rockwoot:

Gaz

Just to add , this is what I appreciate about forums like this: I had a unit which didn't have the steering wheel functions I wanted. I didn't know what to buy to sort this untill Abmat suggested the CP2 unit.....So again thanks Abmat :thumbs up:

Gaz

UPDATE:

I found after going out in the car the ignition wouldn't turn off untill I pulled the key out the barrel. So turn it off and the car still ran :fearscream:. All I could think is I must of done something wrong with wiring in the CP2 unit. So pulled it all out and unplugged one wire from the CP2 that was going to the live wire which was running back to the fuse board.......and order is restored again!! Panic over :tearsofjoy:

Only thing to sort now is having my new brake servo fitted next week at MidlandVW in cannock. And I need to sort out this squeaky/creaky suspension.......it's driving me mad!!!!!

Gaz