K04 Inlet Spacer Required

IanMW

Reaction score
Hello,

I need a K04 inlet (exhaust manifold to turbo) spacer 17mm made up so my Chinafold will fit and my 3" down pipe won't rub on the prop shaft (225 Quattro, BAM).

I've been around the local (Worthing, West Sussex) metal fabricators and no one can help, anyone any idea here I can get a spacer fabricated for a reasonable price?

I've got the inlet flange from the old stainless exhaust, so I have template.

Thanks

Did you have any joy with getting this sorted appears I need to space out the K04 on my LCR as the Relentless Pro4 manifold has lifted everything too high.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Not really,

I mocked it up several times using washers to simulate different size spacers, just couldn't get it to fit with any real clearance. Ended up modifying the down pipe, smaller flexi-joint & some pre-bent lengths of exhaust (just hope my dodgy welding holds up). Have you tried a spacer between the turbo and the down pipe, rather than move it down move it over? Or if it's only a couple of mil required you could make a copper or mild steel gasket.

PS
Apparently all the stainless manifolds are prone to cracking sooner or later, my one looked like crazy paving by the time I took it off (only on for about 1500 miles), I had wrapped it in exhaust wrap so couldn’t see the extent of the cracking until I took it off (it was an Aliexpress one though, the relentless should fare better for the price). They are a real ****** to fit, access to a couple of the nuts is really tight.

Good luck, took me ages to decide to stop trying to make it fit and modify the down pipe.