Q7 Confusion with Seat options (UK)

trademark2k6

Reaction score
Hi All

I am currently after a 4M Q7. Looking at 2016-2018.

I seen one on eBay, which was listed as a “SQ7 replica”, but what really interested me was that it had the Vorsprung Diamond Stitched seats. They did not have massage or ventilation though. It was a standard S-Line 3.0 TDI.

I can not find any other car in that age range with these seats and I’ve searched autotrader too.

So these seats must have been added in as a retrofit.

I found diamond stitched q7 seats on eBay which look promising. But these do not have ventilation or massage feature.

My questions are:

1) When speccing up a new Q7 on audi website, the only model with diamond stitched seats are the SQ7 Vorsprung Edition and the ventilation and massage comes standard. So what year/model/country/car have these diamond stitched seats come from?

2) if I was to find some seats with massage/ventilation, would these be a straight swap into a q7 or would it need programming of some sort? And what kind of cost am I looking at (to fit them / programme).

thanks

I have the 2020 Vorsprung with the diamond stitched seats that have the cooling and massage feature. This was not an option in the previous model so even with the right seats the electronics and features are not there to be connected.