A3/S3 delivery lead time?

once Leaseplan approved the order, the dealership emailed me to double check the spec was correct before they placed the order with the factory
DUH!

Of course!

Mine is Audi Hatfield. At least I know I can speak with them direct rather than going through the company car people. Cheers

Reactions: Dbrett25
That must be same ship as mine as mine, hopefully mines on way soon then also
When I got the email it was off the ship, I contacted my dealer and they checked on their system to confirm that a transporter was allocated and will arrive with them by the end of day on the 6th so it sounds like about 6-7 days to the dealer and then another couple of days for them to prep.

When I got the email it was off the ship, I contacted my dealer and they checked on their system to confirm that a transporter was allocated and will arrive with them by the end of day on the 6th so it sounds like about 6-7 days to the dealer and then another couple of days for them to prep.
Ah assuming yours had cleared customs then? As mine apparently hasn’t been cleared so still in queue

My S3 limousine is finally with me after waiting a hair over 6 months since my initial order! To anyone waiting - it's worth it! More pictures to follow in the other thread soon.
379657162 2702035963283230 998539114935565607 n

Reactions: Saral and Tzsteve
Does anyone know what the current lead time is on the S3? I'm in the process of ordering one here in Ireland, The dealer is saying 20 weeks but I've read stories of Audi taking up to a year to build orders?
I just don't trust the dealer, they want 2k to place the order,
Thx in advance guys!

I noticed that they often don't respond to email. I start calling because it's easier.
Yeah I’ve just called up. Apparently my build date is still not locked in even though it’s W/C 30th October :( I have a feeling its going to be knocked back

Been a lurker for a while as it’s hard to find any accurate build information. This thread has been helpful so thought I’d post my journey.

A3 40 TFSIe Sport
Order placed first week of December 2022 as a Company car.
Given build week 40 (this week)
Just been advised by the dealer it’s now pushed back to build week 43

Reactions: Tzsteve and Dbrett25
Yeah I’ve just called up. Apparently my build date is still not locked in even though it’s W/C 30th October :( I have a feeling its going to be knocked back
Mine was originally 25th Sept but still wasn't confirmed even 2 weeks before. I've now had confirmation that it's definitely going into build on 9th October.

Hopefully yours is the same and only a couple of weeks delay if at all. But I wouldn't expect to hear anything confirming the date more than 2 weeks before

Reactions: Dbrett25
Been a lurker for a while as it’s hard to find any accurate build information. This thread has been helpful so thought I’d post my journey.

A3 40 TFSIe Sport
Order placed first week of December 2022 as a Company car.
Given build week 40 (this week)
Just been advised by the dealer it’s now pushed back to build week 43
What additions have you selected? I ordered a 45 TFSIe S-Line Competition March '23 via LeasePlan (company car) and I have a build week of 9th October, confirmed by dealer as locked in and won't change. Seems odd you ordered 4 months prior and I'm getting built before you?

What additions have you selected? I ordered a 45 TFSIe S-Line Competition March '23 via LeasePlan (company car) and I have a build week of 9th October, confirmed by dealer as locked in and won't change. Seems odd you ordered 4 months prior and I'm getting built before you?
Only option was Comfort and Sound (Tech Pack)

Only option was Comfort and Sound (Tech Pack)
Poor form that like. Which audi centre is yours with? Mine is Leeds Audi, I also only added the comfort and sound pack too so absolutely baffling how yours is behind mine!

Poor form that like. Which audi centre is yours with? Mine is Leeds Audi, I also only added the comfort and sound pack too so absolutely baffling how yours is behind mine!
The company we use for work cars is pretty useless with giving any details so no idea which dealer it’s ordered through. Guessing you got lucky and got a pre booked slot or something.

Does anyone know what the current lead time is on the S3? I'm in the process of ordering one here in Ireland, The dealer is saying 20 weeks but I've read stories of Audi taking up to a year to build orders?
I just don't trust the dealer, they want 2k to place the order,
Thx in advance guys!
I just ordered an S3 and have been given a date of build week 7 , which is better than I expected. Fingers crossed it doesn’t get extended!!

Reactions: Tzsteve
The company we use for work cars is pretty useless with giving any details so no idea which dealer it’s ordered through. Guessing you got lucky and got a pre booked slot or something.
What company do they use?

I just ordered an S3 and have been given a date of build week 7 , which is better than I expected. Fingers crossed it doesn’t get extended!!
I think this is a good time frame. My friends have been waiting for a car for almost 2 months. :redrs4:

Reactions: Tzsteve
I won’t say as I think they’re relatively small and we have a bit of a strange setup with them
I don't know how orders are processed but from what I've read it definitely doesn't seem to be in the order they were placed.

Seems to be based on the dealer/company used, which is BS but not a lot you can do unfortunately

It does seem like we're past the covid days of 2 year waits though, so even if yours comes after ours, hopefully it shouldn't be too long after

Reactions: EventualA3
I know others got their ' arrived in UK ' email last Monday, as well as me.

My Dealership rang yesterday to say that my A3 will be with them on Tuesday and have booked me in for collection on Wednesday morning.

I hope others find their cars available in a similar timescale.

Do all cars (A3/S3 anyway) ship from Emden or do they use other ports too?

Also, for cars headed for the UK, do they send them to the "nearest" UK port, so Sheerness for dealers in the south and Grimsby or Tyne for dealers in the north? Or would they just send the car on the next available ship to the UK, regardless of where it will end up being delivered to?

I know others got their ' arrived in UK ' email last Monday, as well as me.

My Dealership rang yesterday to say that my A3 will be with them on Tuesday and have booked me in for collection on Wednesday morning.

I hope others find their cars available in a similar timescale.
Wow that’s quick? Pdi must not take long at all then?

Hi Guys, Great helpful post thank you for all your updates. I am currently waiting for an Audi A3 Saloon Black edition 35 tfsi automatic. Ordered in mid July - Had order confirmation email in August, Preparing parts email 2 weeks ago. The dealer had promised the vehicle was going to be here by Christmas - But looking increasingly unlikely looking at everyone's posts. Could anyone let me know if I am likely to get this vehicle any time soon? How long from the preparing parts email do you get the build date? Cheers

Hi Guys, Great helpful post thank you for all your updates. I am currently waiting for an Audi A3 Saloon Black edition 35 tfsi automatic. Ordered in mid July - Had order confirmation email in August, Preparing parts email 2 weeks ago. The dealer had promised the vehicle was going to be here by Christmas - But looking increasingly unlikely looking at everyone's posts. Could anyone let me know if I am likely to get this vehicle any time soon? How long from the preparing parts email do you get the build date? Cheers
Phone/email your dealer and ask them if your car has a build week yet, and if it does find out what the build week is. We're going into build week 41 starting this Monday 9th October.

As far as I can tell from others on here, once the car starts to be built it's around 8-10 weeks until you'll have it. My dealer told me up to 10 weeks, but I've seen others on here getting it in 5-6 weeks.

Reactions: gareth32423
Wow that’s quick? Pdi must not take long at all then?
It seems the PDI can be done in a matter of a few hours.

I wish their service times were as quick .......

Reactions: Rc1938
Phone/email your dealer and ask them if your car has a build week yet, and if it does find out what the build week is. We're going into build week 41 starting this Monday 9th October.

As far as I can tell from others on here, once the car starts to be built it's around 8-10 weeks until you'll have it. My dealer told me up to 10 weeks, but I've seen others on here getting it in 5-6 weeks.
Thank you for your reply. Did you get a parts being prepared post before the build date, and, if so do you have a timescale inbetween? cheers

Thank you for your reply. Did you get a parts being prepared post before the build date, and, if so do you have a timescale inbetween? cheers
I don't get any of the automated emails from Audi as I ordered via a work leasing company.

Having searched on the forum, it seems like this "parts being prepared" email is basically junk, and just means the order is confirmed, it doesn't mean anything is happening. Mine was essentially in this stage from March until 3 weeks ago when I was given a build week.

Example here: https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/430498/post-3749365 user got the 'parts prepared' email in April and then was given a build week in December. That was for an RS3 but same thing applies in terms of the email being junk.

I've just had a look at the leasing website my work uses who update the wait times directly from Audi, and as of 22nd August the wait time for an A3 saloon was 26 weeks, so about 6 months. So I'd say you're probably looking more towards mid-January. But easiest way to know for sure is to phone/email your dealer and ask if it has a build week yet (the build week gets locked in 4 weeks before the build starts, so if you don't have a build week already it would be at least 4 weeks before the build was to begin)

This is probably a dumb question, but I'm going to ask it anyway:

The other day I got my hire agreements etc from Audi (with it being a lease) which have my new registration plate on them but say the registration date is in a week. I am probably being stupid but how can they know the reg plate if it's not registered yet? Do they pre-reserve registrations? Also, will this mean I can't have the car until the registration date, which for some reason is a Sunday?

As you can tell I'm not used to buying pre-reg cars and this has been bugging me haha

Hi been a lurker for a long time but thought I'd update in case anyone's in same boat as me. Ordered my A3 via my Company in Aug 22 and just had confirmation from our fleet department on Friday that its finally at the UK Port

Hi been a lurker for a long time but thought I'd update in case anyone's in same boat as me. Ordered my A3 via my Company in Aug 22 and just had confirmation from our fleet department on Friday that its finally at the UK Port
What spec? That's a long wait!

It's all confusing to me. I had the 'boars landed email 10 days ago. Spoke to them today and its registered, plates on etc. No chance to say whether I want UK on the plates, stuck on without drilling etc etc. Collection of my Q5 due on Wed or Thurs.

I'm going to leave you boat sharing A3 fellas alone know and skulk about in the Q5 area. I collect mine on Wednesday....and I have contact already

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20231009_202510_myAudi.jpg
    SmartSelect_20231009_202510_myAudi.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 44
It's all confusing to me. I had the 'boars landed email 10 days ago. Spoke to them today and its registered, plates on etc. No chance to say whether I want UK on the plates, stuck on without drilling etc etc. Collection of my Q5 due on Wed or Thurs.
What do you mean? Don’t plates screw on normally?

Yes but those plastic screw covers etc look horrid so I prefer just stuck on. Also means no rusy screws etc. Also some people who show their cars without a plate or fit small plates, don't want holes in the front of the car.

Yes but those plastic screw covers etc look horrid so I prefer just stuck on. Also means no rusy screws etc. Also some people who show their cars without a plate or fit small plates, don't want holes in the front of the car.
Ah I didn’t get the option. Hope it’s ok straight lol

Reactions: Scotty
Hopefully my A3 should be delivered to me on Wednesday finally :D cant come soon enough haha

Reactions: Paulie69 and tomascott
I've been given a provisional collection date for Friday 27th Oct for my new S3 Saloon Vorsprung.

Got the build complete email Saturday 30th Sept - salesman will move the collection date forward if it arrives earlier as it should have been in transit for 10 days or so now.

Reactions: Paulie69
I've been given a provisional collection date for Friday 27th Oct for my new S3 Saloon Vorsprung.

Got the build complete email Saturday 30th Sept - salesman will move the collection date forward if it arrives earlier as it should have been in transit for 10 days or so now.
Can I ask when you put your order in? Did they stick to your original build date?

Can I ask when you put your order in? Did they stick to your original build date?
So originally order went in first half of March this year.

At the time of ordering they were quoting mid-to-end September. Things were looking good as I got a build email on July 11th. After that it got a bit de-railed as it wasn't until September 30th I got the build complete.

I believe that the email on July 11th was a little early... or my car got held up in a parts shortage (which happened to a couple of others on this form at the same time) and/or a planned factory shutdown (again, unconfirmed but a couple of others posted that).

Right now, I will just be happy once I collect it!

So originally order went in first half of March this year.

At the time of ordering they were quoting mid-to-end September. Things were looking good as I got a build email on July 11th. After that it got a bit de-railed as it wasn't until September 30th I got the build complete.

I believe that the email on July 11th was a little early... or my car got held up in a parts shortage (which happened to a couple of others on this form at the same time) and/or a planned factory shutdown (again, unconfirmed but a couple of others posted that).

Right now, I will just be happy once I collect it!
You'll love it mate, been really pleased with mine since i collected it!!

Reactions: vatdim and tomascott