A3/S3 delivery lead time?

Just got the

fyi my build was confirmed complete on 30th Sept and only just got shipped yesterday. It’s stuck on a ship waiting to get into Sheerness today
Oh **** me... well mine is going to Grimsby I assume for Leeds Audi so hopefully mine isn't stuck that long!

Also had an update on mine now. Been told the car is built and its at "released from factory status". Next step is it has to go to "awaiting ship" and then being shipped. Makes it it sound like it could still be a fair few weeks really

They've also said it's 10 days once it arrives in the UK for transportation to PDI centre/dealership

Reactions: Dbrett25
What 'remote' features are available on the A3 (45 TFSIe S-Line Competition, if that changes anything) on the MyAudi app? e.g. remote start, turn on the a/c, etc. - I've tried to look around online but can't get a clear answer as it always has a caveat of 'differs per model' and I can't find any answers just for the A3!

UK spec, if that matters too?
I asked on a Facebook group I’m part of and got these answers, mines the TFSIe 40 s line but I assume the features are the same.

Attachments

• IMG_0675.png
    IMG_0675.png
    427.8 KB · Views: 122
Reactions: jdw2525
Just got a call this morning to say my new S3 Saloon Vorsprung is now in the UK this morning. I got the "on the ship" email on Wednesday and had been tracking the ship - it was at anchor off the coast of Sheerness all day yesterday. I assume the high winds from the storm prevented it docking, but it docked ok early this morning.

Transport order is already raised for it. Tentative hand over scheduled for Friday 10th Nov (both dealer and I don't really think it will get there by that time - will be lucky if it does) - will know by Wednesday 8th if its going to happen, otherwise it will be pushed back to the following week.

Also agreed a good PX price for my current S3 so makes it easier to switch over :D

Reactions: marshalld
Just got a call this morning to say my new S3 Saloon Vorsprung is now in the UK this morning. I got the "on the ship" email on Wednesday and had been tracking the ship - it was at anchor off the coast of Sheerness all day yesterday. I assume the high winds from the storm prevented it docking, but it docked ok early this morning.

Transport order is already raised for it. Tentative hand over scheduled for Friday 10th Nov (both dealer and I don't really think it will get there by that time - will be lucky if it does) - will know by Wednesday 8th if its going to happen, otherwise it will be pushed back to the following week.

Also agreed a good PX price for my current S3 so makes it easier to switch over :D
When was your car confirmed as built?

Dealer confirmed my order is still showing build week 44, even though we're in week 45 now.

No chassis number yet but hope as it's not changed build is in progress.

Spoke to audi CS on chat today, apparently still on status 38 waiting at port. It's been built since 23rd October so that's 10 working days/2 weeks now. Anyone aware of any current timescales for Emden?

Spoke to audi CS on chat today, apparently still on status 38 waiting at port. It's been built since 23rd October so that's 10 working days/2 weeks now. Anyone aware of any current timescales for Emden?
I did see that emden had a huge backlog, but that was a good few months ago now so not sure how much of that they'll have cleared. I think cars can still be waiting there for weeks before getting shipped though. And I doubt it's a proper first in first out kind of system.

Also it'll depend how many are going to the same port ahead of you. If there's only a queue of a few hundred lined up for Grimsby then it should be on its way fairly quick. But if there's thousands then it'll be a while.

Sorry, I know this isn't exactly a helpful response, just think it's best to expect it to be at least a couple more weeks before it's even on a boat.

I did see that emden had a huge backlog, but that was a good few months ago now so not sure how much of that they'll have cleared. I think cars can still be waiting there for weeks before getting shipped though. And I doubt it's a proper first in first out kind of system.

Also it'll depend how many are going to the same port ahead of you. If there's only a queue of a few hundred lined up for Grimsby then it should be on its way fairly quick. But if there's thousands then it'll be a while.

Sorry, I know this isn't exactly a helpful response, just think it's best to expect it to be at least a couple more weeks before it's even on a boat.
Ugh... I need it by the 27th for a work event haha. Better hurry up and get on that ****** boat soon!

Dealer came back to me today, it's now on a 'priority shipping' list - what exactly does this mean?!

Dealer came back to me today, it's now on a 'priority shipping' list - what exactly does this mean?!
That sounds like a good thing surely. I don't know if mines even at the port yet.

Was this from the dealer in Leeds? Are you contacting them to get these updates or are they sending them to you themselves?

I've found leaseplan to be pretty useless with the updates. No confirmation that's it's been built or anything like that. Still just estimated delivery date of 31st Jan

That sounds like a good thing surely. I don't know if mines even at the port yet.

Was this from the dealer in Leeds? Are you contacting them to get these updates or are they sending them to you themselves?

I've found leaseplan to be pretty useless with the updates. No confirmation that's it's been built or anything like that. Still just estimated delivery date of 31st Jan
Well, you'd think so, I've only found 1 reference online of a priority shipping list so not much info at present. I've asked her what this means but she hasn't come back to me yet...

Yeah I'm contacting them myself, Leaseplan are absolutely useless. According to their latest (automated) email the car is still being prepared to be built, no one from them has emailed me to say it's built and awaiting shipping. If I wasn't in direct contact with Audi, I'd be pretty ****** at the communication from Leaseplan!

Is your Leeds Audi too? I can give you the mailbox of the people I contact if you need it.

Just had the phone call from my dealership... car has been delivered to them this morning and confirmed pickup for Friday morning :D

Got the VIN number and added it to myAudi to check the spec - all looks correct from what I can see so far. Just have some paperwork to clear today and tomorrow but otherwise all set!

Haven't had any update emails from Audi UK since "car on the boat" email last Wednesday.

Reactions: marshalld, discosteve and Tzsteve
Just had the phone call from my dealership... car has been delivered to them this morning and confirmed pickup for Friday morning :D

Got the VIN number and added it to myAudi to check the spec - all looks correct from what I can see so far. Just have some paperwork to clear today and tomorrow but otherwise all set!

Haven't had any update emails from Audi UK since "car on the boat" email last Wednesday
That’s great news! How long after you placed your order did you get a scheduled build date?
I’ve heard nothing since I placed the order with Audi a few weeks back, I’m thinking it’s prob too early for them to know

Reactions: tomascott
That’s great news! How long after you placed your order did you get a scheduled build date?
I’ve heard nothing since I placed the order with Audi a few weeks back, I’m thinking it’s prob too early for them to know
I think it was at least a couple of months to get a build week. Ordered the car back in March - got built by the end of September.

Originally mine was due to be build towards the end of July but there was a parts delay so had a extra 4-6 week wait.

Reactions: vatdim and Tzsteve
Well, you'd think so, I've only found 1 reference online of a priority shipping list so not much info at present. I've asked her what this means but she hasn't come back to me yet...

Yeah I'm contacting them myself, Leaseplan are absolutely useless. According to their latest (automated) email the car is still being prepared to be built, no one from them has emailed me to say it's built and awaiting shipping. If I wasn't in direct contact with Audi, I'd be pretty ****** at the communication from Leaseplan!

Is your Leeds Audi too? I can give you the mailbox of the people I contact if you need it.
Yeah mines Leeds as well. The woman I've emailed has always come back pretty quick to be fair. I'm just not really contacting for updates that much really. Think I've got to a point where I'm thinking it'll come when it comes. Just knowing it's built and on its way is good enough

Yeah mines Leeds as well. The woman I've emailed has always come back pretty quick to be fair. I'm just not really contacting for updates that much really. Think I've got to a point where I'm thinking it'll come when it comes. Just knowing it's built and on its way is good enough
Had email back from dealer at 12pm today re: what priority shipping was/if there was a timeframe it would take once on priority list, told no and still waiting to be put on ship. Checked MarineTraffic at 5:30 and saw 2 ships left Emden for Grimsby in the last 2-ish hours. Went onto live chat, spoke to a fella, it's on one of the ships! He couldn't tell me which one but they both arrive in Grimsby tomorrow, so hopefully I'll be able to collect within the next week or so.

Had email back from dealer at 12pm today re: what priority shipping was/if there was a timeframe it would take once on priority list, told no and still waiting to be put on ship. Checked MarineTraffic at 5:30 and saw 2 ships left Emden for Grimsby in the last 2-ish hours. Went onto live chat, spoke to a fella, it's on one of the ships! He couldn't tell me which one but they both arrive in Grimsby tomorrow, so hopefully I'll be able to collect within the next week or so.
****** hell, that's not bad. So you could be looking at just 4 weeks from confirmed built to delivery which is pretty quick really.

What's the live chat you're using? And what information are you giving them so they can track your car? All I've got is an order number from LeasePlan which I'm guessing will mean nothing to them

****** hell, that's not bad. So you could be looking at just 4 weeks from confirmed built to delivery which is pretty quick really.

What's the live chat you're using? And what information are you giving them so they can track your car? All I've got is an order number from LeasePlan which I'm guessing will mean nothing to them
The one on here in bottom right - https://www.audi.co.uk/uk/web/en/discover/contact-us.html

When I first placed the order via LeasePlan, about a week later I got an email from the dealer asking if the specs etc were all correct before they put the order through to the factory and in that email they gave me an order number, different to the one from Leaseplan.

The one on here in bottom right - https://www.audi.co.uk/uk/web/en/discover/contact-us.html

When I first placed the order via LeasePlan, about a week later I got an email from the dealer asking if the specs etc were all correct before they put the order through to the factory and in that email they gave me an order number, different to the one from Leaseplan.

I tried that chat yesterday and they just told me to contact the dealer :-(

Same for me as mdex. What option are you picking to speak to someone on the chat? Because they told me they have no access to the system to track orders and I'd just need to speak to the dealer

Same for me as mdex. What option are you picking to speak to someone on the chat? Because they told me they have no access to the system to track orders and I'd just need to speak to the dealer
Yes, they said that to me initially too. Then you say "oh I'm quite busy today, could you give them a call for me and check the latest with them?" and they will call the dealer for you while you're on the chat.

Yes, they said that to me initially too. Then you say "oh I'm quite busy today, could you give them a call for me and check the latest with them?" and they will call the dealer for you while you're on the chat.
Ah right. Cheeky . I would've thought mines still sat in Emden anyway so I might leave it till Monday and see if I can get another update on it then

Collected my new car this morning! :love struck:

Wow what a great car so far! Very happy with it - the adaptive suspension makes such a big difference to the ride compared to my previous car. Just starting to get used to it all...

Attachments

• 55EA789F-F139-4280-A92F-354489EEF9E8.jpeg
    55EA789F-F139-4280-A92F-354489EEF9E8.jpeg
    809.6 KB · Views: 98
  • C2B0E04A-E715-4354-9E2A-44C14FFDD137.jpeg
    C2B0E04A-E715-4354-9E2A-44C14FFDD137.jpeg
    947.5 KB · Views: 92
  • 19A5CA12-5992-4A7A-97B6-9CF984A4E476.jpeg
    19A5CA12-5992-4A7A-97B6-9CF984A4E476.jpeg
    666.8 KB · Views: 93
Reactions: Tzsteve, discosteve, Rc1938 and 5 others

Wow what a great car so far! Very happy with it - the adaptive suspension makes such a big difference to the ride compared to my previous car. Just starting to get used to it all...
Loving the new car today! Took a bit of adjustment to get used to all the automation compared to my previous car, but all good so far!

The only thing I haven't tried out is the park assist - need to watch a YouTube video to understand how it works etc, but otherwise think I've tried all the features on the Vorsprung now.

Switched the hub caps for a dynamic set without damaging the factory fitted ones or more importantly the alloys!

The only very very minor issue I've spotted so far is that there are no 'Vorsprung' LED puddle lights (nothing in glovebox or boot) - the ones installed are just a LED with no projection. Spoke to the dealership earlier today and going to pop in next week to switch them over.

Final thing to wait for is just the logbook from the DVLA so I can switch over to my private reg :D

Reactions: Dbrett25

One question I did have which maybe someone knows the answer to, on the Advanced Key, I was reading that Audi and other brands have started to put 'motion technology' in the remote keys so they stop emitting the signal needed to unlock the car if there is no motion in a certain period of time.

Is this true for the 8Y?

I'm using a faraday pouch for my spare key and a box for daily key to be on the safe side but just wondered about it.

Just had an update that my car is now at the UK port awaiting transport to the dealer, which can take up to 10 days, and then they'll organise delivery.

Had a check on what's come into Grimsby recently and I think the last vehicle carrier was actually on 10th, so fingers crossed it could be some time next week that it's available to deliver.

Reactions: Tzsteve and tomascott
Just had an update that my car is now at the UK port awaiting transport to the dealer, which can take up to 10 days, and then they'll organise delivery.

Had a check on what's come into Grimsby recently and I think the last vehicle carrier was actually on 10th, so fingers crossed it could be some time next week that it's available to deliver.
Exact same for me, too! Looks like it'll be next weekend for me then, was hoping it would be this weekend! Oh well, the home stretch... finally!!!

Exact same for me, too! Looks like it'll be next weekend for me then, was hoping it would be this weekend! Oh well, the home stretch... finally!!!
Yeah...finally. Its felt like a long 9 months. Can't wait for the upgrade from what I'm driving round at the minute, haha

hello hi there guys I've ordered audi A3 s line tronic with sunroof and bang and olufsen back in july ive been contacting my dealer where they are based in chingford here in london they havent gave me a build week yet but she says likey built week 2 which i believe is the beginning weeks of january been waiting almost 4 months for a built anyone in a similar postion

hello hi there guys I've ordered audi A3 s line tronic with sunroof and bang and olufsen back in july ive been contacting my dealer where they are based in chingford here in london they havent gave me a build week yet but she says likey built week 2 which i believe is the beginning weeks of january been waiting almost 4 months for a built anyone in a similar postion
Well I ordered back in March and didn't get a confirmed build week until end of September, which was week 41, or 9th October, which was less than 2 weeks after they confirmed. So the build weeks can move right up to just before if they're still unconfirmed.

Since then it's gone fairly quick for me. My lease company said it could be 12 weeks from build to delivery but I've found out it's in the UK now and I'll hopefully be getting it next week at some point. So that'd be roughly 6 weeks for build and delivery altogether.

Things have definitely improved over this year since covid and the microchip issues. When I first got on this forum back in March there was a guy who had been waiting almost 2 years for his. Seems like we're past that these days and the estimates are pretty reliable as well

I ordered an A3 40 TFSIe S-Line through work late September. Estimate was late March, but have just been told it’s due to be built this week and has been locked in, so delivery estimate is now January

Reactions: Tzsteve, Dbrett25 and tomascott
Had a call from my dealer this morning and my car is now booked in for delivery to me next Wednesday.

Reactions: tomascott, jdw2525 and Dbrett25
Picking mine up next Friday, wanted to pick up instead of getting it delivered so I can get some early miles in on the drive home

Reactions: tomascott and JJINANAUDI
Picking mine up next Friday, wanted to pick up instead of getting it delivered so I can get some early miles in on the drive home
Didn't realise picking it up was an option. Although I don't know if I'd want a 2 drive home on the motorways on my first ever time in an automatic with about 100 more horse power than I've ever driven before.