Cheap rear wiper motor

ab1702

Reaction score
Just thought I’d share a cheap rear wiper motor that I bought off eBay.
I was going to buy a valeo motor but then I saw this one with a 3 year guarantee and the seller has 100% feedback so I took a chance on it and it works perfect.
eBay even gave me a £5 discount code aswell so less than half price of a valeo motor.

Never really any doubt that something like that would work, more a case of for how long.

Reactions: George Kost
Never really any doubt that something like that would work, more a case of for how long.
A few year ago with my old a3 I once got the cheaper version from euro car parts though, it just did whatever it liked when you turned it on and sounded like a tractor so I wasn’t holding much hope for this one but it’s turned out fine.

dont get me wrong, im not saying its trash. if its working great, thats brilliant.

with car parts, things are gonna wear out. how hard they are to replace/how critical usually dictates which level of 'quality' should be used.
with something like a rear wiper motor, its not critical and it isnt that hard to swap out if it does fail, so worth experimenting with cheaper alternatives.

only thing that would put me off a no name version rather than a valeo or magneti marelli is that while its half the price, the difference is 'only' £30 to £40. if it fails in a relatively short timeframe, id have to either buy another cheap one, or stump up for an oem one, which i couldve done in the first place.
also, realistically, how useful is that 3 year warranty. they could say 10 years, doesnt make a difference if they dont honour it (ebay wont help if it fails after a year).
my current factory fit valeo is 10 years old and still working. id expect similar lifespan from an aftermarket valeo. the ebay one could fail in a year. on the other hand, it might last longer than the genuine one. who knows.
if i was selling the car though.....

Generally non valeo can suffer from leakage from the washer jet fixing internally & on the socalled sealed connector & the shaft through the glass is a smaller diameter & doesnt seal tight & thus leaks rain or screen water.

Generally non valeo can suffer from leakage from the washer jet fixing internally & on the socalled sealed connector & the shaft through the glass is a smaller diameter & doesnt seal tight & thus leaks rain or screen water.
Well it’s funny you say that because I took the old valeo motor apart yesterday and the reason it stopped working is because the internal washer jet fixing is metal and has corroded on the end so the washer jet wasn’t fixed to it properly so would have been slightly leaking when using the washer and had slightly corroded the electrical pins. If only that washer pipe was plastic then it wouldn’t have failed. Didn’t do bad though I suppose as it had 09 printed on it so must have been the original motor

Mate I have genuine one in my shed laying around for ages now. I bought one thinking my current one was defective to realize my connector was broken. It's new in box, never used... So if you have trouble with this one, give me a PM. I'm in The Netherlands though but we can make it work for a good deal.

Mate I have genuine one in my shed laying around for ages now. I bought one thinking my current one was defective to realize my connector was broken. It's new in box, never used... So if you have trouble with this one, give me a PM. I'm in The Netherlands though but we can make it work for a good deal.
Keep hold of it, you know what’s going to happen if you sell it.:subdued:

Reactions: henkkeumus
Non ones have an electrical metallic click noise when the wiper turns on and off like a relay