RS3 countdown to configurator

even though we don't get the interior design pack, the configurator does show we get RS floor mats ...

View attachment 241133
they look good - worth checking the pdf with a fine tooth comb once you’ve finished the config. All the pics are from left hand drive models and for example show a metal footrest. S3 shows the same and there’s a couple of threads on here about them being plastic on rhd versions Despite pics and spec sheet saying they were metal.

Had the same issue when I got my ttrs

Audi do

Reactions: Jassyo06, NevMan and Snake Pliskin
they look good - worth checking the pdf with a fine tooth comb once you’ve finished the config. All the pics are from left hand drive models and for example show a metal footrest. S3 shows the same and there’s a couple of threads on here about them being plastic on rhd versions Despite pics and spec sheet saying they were metal.

Had the same issue when I got my ttrs

Audi do
pointed out here>

Stop winding me up now about that blasted wheel :tearsofjoy:

Rumour is they couldn’t fit it through the doors on the test run so configured it with the pano roof, that way it’s lowered in through the top on the production line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: Terminator x, Jassyo06, Mr Freeze and 4 others
Rock-grey stitching I think they call it.. (from the S3)

ah right cool .... that I like then.

I would have gone that or red in any case.

In the photos it just looks like black on black so then 'no contrast'

I'm quite happy with rock grey if that is the case then ... nice one :icon thumright:

Reactions: NevMan
.............could be wrong though, might just be slightly off-grey a touch lighter than the seat just to make the interior even more drab :sweatsmile: :sweatsmile:

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
.............could be wrong though, might just be slightly off-grey a touch lighter than the seat just to make the interior even more drab :sweatsmile: :sweatsmile:

it does state 'contrast' stitching in the spec, so as long as it is exactly that and not just black on black, I'm cool with that.

Reactions: NevMan and Add_Profile

along these lines ? ....

hopefully, but like you say, the pictures for the RS3 don't clearly show that so... hope for the best

even in that image where you show the floor mat, the stitching looks.... black on the edge of the seat?

• Sad
Hi all,
How come we can't order the interior design pack, i.e red, green, blue etc??

Reactions: UncleRick
even in that image where you show the floor mat, the stitching looks.... black on the edge of the seat?
I know ... just hanging onto the fact it states 'contrast' stitching which is essence is usually 'contrasting'

I wouldn’t be looking at the Audi configurator and questioning how well it uses the English language!

I agree about the lack of design packs. I mean we know Audi make alcantara wheels even in the grey/black stitching but we aren’t even getting that so that’s a big let down and the fact of no metallic blue or green or ANY crystal colours (although I accept some people may love the colour choices right now).

The Vorsprung is the best value no doubt, with every feature you could want except carbon bits. And I don’t understand why anyone would order a carbon black edition when they could just buy some aftermarket or even OEM carbon and fit them on a better spec Vorsprung model (of course unless you skip the dynamic pack then it’s worth it as it’s cheaper).

For me personally I think the first thing I’d do is sort out the wheel when the car comes either by having it re-trimmed or by ordering an OEM alcantara replacement.

Then maybe next Summer (assuming the car turns up around new year time) maybe get those callipers painted red.

In the meantime it’s just a waiting game now; really what I wait for is the order number so I can stick it in the Audi tracker and see the build week estimate number. And hope it’s this year and not next!

I wouldn’t be looking at the Audi configurator and questioning how well it uses the English language!

I agree about the lack of design packs. I mean we know Audi make alcantara wheels even in the grey/black stitching but we aren’t even getting that so that’s a big let down and the fact of no metallic blue or green or ANY crystal colours (although I accept some people may love the colour choices right now).

The Vorsprung is the best value no doubt, with every feature you could want except carbon bits. And I don’t understand why anyone would order a carbon black edition when they could just buy some aftermarket or even OEM carbon and fit them on a better spec Vorsprung model (of course unless you skip the dynamic pack then it’s worth it as it’s cheaper).

For me personally I think the first thing I’d do is sort out the wheel when the car comes either by having it re-trimmed or by ordering an OEM alcantara replacement.

Then maybe next Summer (assuming the car turns up around new year time) maybe get those callipers painted red.

In the meantime it’s just a waiting game now; really what I wait for is the order number so I can stick it in the Audi tracker and see the build week estimate number. And hope it’s this year and not next!
Vorsprung might be good value but those wheels with 'graphic print' are awful and you can't change them.
Plus shame about the S wheel on Vorsrung.
And going for Carbon version and you get the silly stick on spoiler - need to see some better views of that....

it does state 'contrast' stitching in the spec, so as long as it is exactly that and not just black on black, I'm cool with that.

Had rock grey stitching in my Q5, but as seats were alcantara in grey less of a contrast . Will look much better against black

54fee2d035ee02099e68010bb2d19667.jpg

2f313744ae0e92d7f761ed86da0d4db7.jpg

And yes, it had a ROUND steering wheel

• Haha
Reactions: SPIKE_ and Jassyo06
Vorsprung might be good value but those wheels with 'graphic print' are awful and you can't change them.
Plus shame about the S wheel on Vorsrung.
And going for Carbon version and you get the silly stick on spoiler - need to see some better views of that....

Lol drive thru Birmingham or Bradford there are 8V’s with them stuck on

Reactions: Jassyo06
I was just gonna there is that wheel again :tearsofjoy:

Yep. Wheel was fine to be fair. The Q5 was only a s line, and no VC….I learnt my lesson here not spec’ing up, but to this day still the wife’s favourite…go figure

Reactions: 8YARWY and Snake Pliskin
Yep. Wheel was fine to be fair. The Q5 was only a s line, and no VC….I learnt my lesson here not spec’ing up, but to this day still the wife’s favourite…go figure

Ironically the wheel in the Merc is actually quite large.
It is one of the things I noticed when I sat inside an 8YS3 a few weeks ago for the 1st time - that the S3 wheel felt smaller and more compact.
So even the round RS3 wheel could well be smaller than the Merc one - so might end up still being an improvement oddly enough !

next question: who's going to be the first to try and peel those wheel graphics off :laughing:
I quite like them tbh.
Add a splash of monochrome colour lol to the exterior and I think they work well against Daytona

my guess, those graphics are diamond cut ...

It is one of the things I noticed when I sat inside an 8YS3 a few weeks ago for the 1st time - that the S3 wheel felt smaller and more compact.
So even the round RS3 wheel could well be smaller than the Merc one - so might end up still being an improvement oddly enough !
After all of your moaning!!! :whistle2:

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin and 8YARWY

hahahahahaa

• Haha
  • Haha
Reactions: Jassyo06, Mr Freeze, NevMan and 1 other person
New on here as thinking of buying the new RS3. Looking at the configurator I'd likely go for the Vorsprung trim. Never dealt with Audi before and wondered if it is likely that I can specify the wheels from the Carbon Black trim instead? Seems like that should be fairly simply but maybe not....

New on here as thinking of buying the new RS3. Looking at the configurator I'd likely go for the Vorsprung trim. Never dealt with Audi before and wondered if it is likely that I can specify the wheels from the Carbon Black trim instead? Seems like that should be fairly simply but maybe not....
I dont think at this point of time, that level of flexibility exists yet...., Also.. the build date for Vorsprung was stated by Audi to be end of Nov, 2 days ago..

I doubt Audi would do that in fact I'd put money on it they wouldn't

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
Rumour is they couldn’t fit it through the doors on the test run so configured it with the pano roof, that way it’s lowered in through the top on the production line

Minted

I dont think at this point of time, that level of flexibility exists yet...., Also.. the build date for Vorsprung was stated by Audi to be end of Nov, 2 days ago..
Thanks for the response. I suppose I can ask the dealer but sounds unlikely. Sorry another question...None of the colours really appeal to me that much and I can see an exclusive paint option. Is there any way of viewing what these are? Seems pretty pricey but may consider that.

Thanks for the response. I suppose I can ask the dealer but sounds unlikely. Sorry another question...None of the colours really appeal to me that much and I can see an exclusive paint option. Is there any way of viewing what these are? Seems pretty pricey but may consider that.