RS3 to RS4?

garethdj

Reaction score
3rd child on the way, strong used price, can’t keep a car for 2 minutes… considering swapping the RS3 to an RS4 avant.

Anyone driven or owned both? Perspectives?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3rd child on the way, strong used price, can’t keep a car for 2 minutes… considering swapping the RS3 to an RS4 avant.

Lol jeeez you like swapping them

Is there no TV in your house

• Haha
Reactions: furious_iPod, Prodigy, Snake Pliskin and 2 others

Not quite what you're after, but I had a B9 S4 Avant with similar power to an RS4 and it was a really good car. Mine was let down by the brakes which ****** easily, but an RS would have bigger stoppers anyway. Overall the RS3 is better handling but for a car of it's size I don't think it was bad, and the Sports Differential helped that as well.

I like the sound of the RS3 better than the RS4 for sure, I just think it's different than other cars because there are plenty V6's around. In terms of space, you still can't fit three car seats in the back if that's what you're going for. The main family advantage would be the boot which is a good size, and there being slightly more space in the rear.

Reactions: garethdj
Lol jeeez you like swapping them

Is there no TV in your house

Tell me about it lol

Reactions: 8YARWY
Tell me about it lol

Avoid early cars 67/18 plates.

Audi used small rollers in the rockers, they can drop out of the rockers in high temp situations, basically destroys the top end.

Not quite what you're after, but I had a B9 S4 Avant with similar power to an RS4 and it was a really good car. Mine was let down by the brakes which ****** easily, but an RS would have bigger stoppers anyway. Overall the RS3 is better handling but for a car of it's size I don't think it was bad, and the Sports Differential helped that as well.

I like the sound of the RS3 better than the RS4 for sure, I just think it's different than other cars because there are plenty V6's around. In terms of space, you still can't fit three car seats in the back if that's what you're going for. The main family advantage would be the boot which is a good size, and there being slightly more space in the rear.

Thanks for the input.

So we have a Q7 already which ticks the box on all fronts family wise but that’s my partners car.

The RS3 has front isofix so I can get me plus the kids in safely and securely it’s just the boot on the saloon that’s not ideal for this new double pram thing she’s bought. It won’t fit unless you dismantle it and I mean dismantle but apparently that was the only one…

I always like the looks of the RS4s and we had an s line courtesy car. Really liked it. Felt a smidge bigger than the RS3 but main thing as you’ve said it the boot space. Agree the RS3 sounds better, from what I’ve heard of the RS4s on YouTube but think I’d be looking at a pre opf car to balance that out. The 8Y isn’t up to much!

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Daggerit
Avoid early cars 67/18 plates.

Audi used small rollers in the rockers, they can drop out of the rockers in high temp situations, basically destroys the top end.

Good to know, cheers!

Thanks for the input.

So we have a Q7 already which ticks the box on all fronts family wise but that’s my partners car.

The RS3 has front isofix so I can get me plus the kids in safely and securely it’s just the boot on the saloon that’s not ideal for this new double pram thing she’s bought. It won’t fit unless you dismantle it and I mean dismantle but apparently that was the only one…

I always like the looks of the RS4s and we had an s line courtesy car. Really liked it. Felt a smidge bigger than the RS3 but main thing as you’ve said it the boot space. Agree the RS3 sounds better, from what I’ve heard of the RS4s on YouTube but think I’d be looking at a pre opf car to balance that out. The 8Y isn’t up to much!

I’m pretty sure they are all OPF from launch.

I’m pretty sure they are all OPF from launch.

The pre-facelift S4's were non-OPF cars for sure, but they're obviously not the same car so I don't know if they ran a similar route with the RS4 as well.

Thanks for the input.

For boot space the RS4 is miles better than the RS3, so that should sort you out.

Sound wise when you compare them I don't think even a non-OPF version (if there is such a thing) sounds better than the 8Y. If you can pick up something like a non-res Miltek system then it should sort it. :)

I’m wrong they were introduced on MY 2019 cars.

Reactions: Daggerit and garethdj
The current RS4 just too bland/boring looking especially the current facelift PFL looked so much more aggressive....beautiful interior if optioned properly and l believe they don't sound great either
@Terminator x should tell you all about the good and not so good

Reactions: Jcbmally, Sandra, Snake Pliskin and 2 others
Ahem ...

Not 8Y yet of course!

RS4 definitely quicker as it has more torque. Sound was an issue for me vs 8V RS3 however perhaps less in it now that the 8Y is quieter. The 4 is a better / higher spec too generally and certainly now that they seem to have given us a bum basic cockpit.

TX.
11e778bdf50bdeb762d8558799898849.jpg
3cc97c26aedc70e872d5b50bb3f2c8a1.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
b6403dd4bc51ed54f5b3b0979e3677f0.jpg

Reactions: Jcbmally, kayemill and Snake Pliskin
I’m wrong they were introduced on MY 2019 cars.

Shocking as mine was a 2018 car and it was awful sound wise. I was embarrassed to rev it for anyone!

TX.

Reactions: kayemill, Snake Pliskin, 8YARWY and 1 other person
Whilst waiting for my RS3 I thought about changing the seats to microfibre, I wanted to see a set and the only similar one's where in an RS4, it was lovely, if it had ACC I would have left with it
Audi RS4
Stunning RS4

• Love
Reactions: Jcbmally, Terminator x, garethdj and 2 others

what about an RS5 Sportback - boot is surprisingly large

We looked at one before ordering the 8Y.

Lovely interior / exterior but sounded pants

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Problem solved ;)

• Love
Reactions: Jcbmally and Terminator x

Saw that, looks mint just not sure about the silver contrast for me. Plus no sports exhaust it would seem and if people are saying it already sounds crap…

Saw that, looks mint just not sure about the silver contrast for me. Plus no sports exhaust it would seem and if people are saying it already sounds crap…

True but you gotta remember the B9 will be coming up for replacement soon and I bet they don’t hold their money as well as say an RS3

Reactions: garethdj and Snake Pliskin
if it had ACC I would have left with it
I don't think I have seen a single one for sale with it as an option, I keep looking. It was hard enough to find an 8v with it or the Driver assist pack.

Annoying as it is something I use and it was std on the Golf 7R

True but you gotta remember the B9 will be coming up for replacement soon and I bet they don’t hold their money as well as say an RS3

I’ll probably have something else before the new gen comes out

• Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally
I don't think I have seen a single one for sale with it as an option, I keep looking. It was hard enough to find an 8v with it or the Driver assist pack.

Annoying as it is something I use and it was std on the Golf 7R
This one has it

Reactions: flybynite
This one has it
Yeah I have seen a couple of newer FL with it, should have said, I was looking at pre OPF PFL. Don't want an OPF and don't like the FL, really makes me think I haven't closed the bonnet!

Yeah I have seen a couple of newer FL with it, should have said, I was looking at pre OPF PFL. Don't want an OPF and don't like the FL, really makes me think I haven't closed the bonnet!
I agree, the facelift is a softer looking car. The older one looks better.

TX.

£1200 a month

Who pays that sort of money for an average at best car

30c8fd82c841df2896670783630a47a2.png

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and kayemill
like this one then

So got offered a cracking part ex price for one of the green ones… 61450!

However the current interest rates are a killer. That’s on 10.9% my broker can get me 8.9 but of course the garage won’t entertain the same deal if I don’t go with their finance. Affordable but I just can’t stomach paying more for a car that’s effectively the same value as my current one!

So in summary…
giphy.gif

Last edited:
So got offered a cracking part ex price for one of the green ones… 61450!

However the current interest rates are a killer. That’s on 10.9% my broker can get me 8.9 but of course the garage won’t entertain the same deal if I don’t go with their finance. Affordable but I just can’t stomach paying more for a car that’s effectively the same value as my current one!

So in summary…
giphy.gif

Why do they do that. Again it just goes to show they haven’t really given you a great deal if you have to take their finance package, they’d be getting a nice wedge if you did. Hope you get what you want soon pal.

Take their finance and pay it off with your finance before 14d is up.

TX.

Reactions: Jcbmally
Take their finance and pay it off with your finance before 14d is up.

TX.

Sneaky. Lovely car but not quite the right spec, thinking about it though. Silver trim, prefer black but… no sports exhaust…

Sneaky. Lovely car but not quite the right spec, thinking about it though. Silver trim, prefer black but… no sports exhaust…

Same here, I'm not a big fan on silver trim unless on a red car. Black trim always the best though agreed.

TX.

Same here, I'm not a big fan on silver trim unless on a red car. Black trim always the best though agreed.

TX.
Silver trim (wheels/mirrors etc) on a white car looks better than black to me, I dont like silver with red :)

Silver trim (wheels/mirrors etc) on a white car looks better than black to me, I dont like silver with red :)

I actually really like it against the Sonoma green I was looking at but there was a carbon edition car that looked but it was about 7k more and… 955 a month!