Things you did to your 8Y RS3 thread.

Have you go house keys separate to your cars keys? If not the tab is small enough to go in a wallet.

This is a bit of a stupid question, but I'll ask it anyways. I just had a hidden button in the fast Datsun for the anti hijack. So I'm way behind the times.

Where are you keeping your Bluetooth tag?
Obviously you can't keep it on your keys, but then where else do you keep it so it's with you but not at risk of being left behind or worse, lost.
Either wallet or pocket.

Reactions: IanL-RS3
Have you go house keys separate to your cars keys? If not the tab is small enough to go in a wallet.
Yeah but I leave my house keys in the cup holder normally! Lol

I very rarely carry a wallet anymore. I just have my phone with a wallet case with 2 card slots and bit for notes. I guess I could put it in my phone case if it wasn't too thick.

thanks

This is a bit of a stupid question, but I'll ask it anyways. I just had a hidden button in the fast Datsun for the anti hijack. So I'm way behind the times.

Where are you keeping your Bluetooth tag?
Obviously you can't keep it on your keys, but then where else do you keep it so it's with you but not at risk of being left behind or worse, lost.
I think you would only do that the once :sadlike:

Reactions: 8YARWY

I very rarely carry a wallet anymore. I just have my phone with a wallet case with 2 card slots and bit for notes. I guess I could put it in my phone case if it wasn't too thick.

thanks
I wear it with it attached to a lanyard, under the cloth.

thanks

It’s very slim so yes I imagine that would work.

You’d need to keep it in your pocket though for the AntiHijack to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: IanL-RS3 and RS03???
I guess it would be cool if it was a waterproof wrist band.
Love the product. Just need to figure out how I would utilise it (if and when I get my car!) with the fob.
And yeah in the phone case wouldn't be great as it would be plugged in to car in the tray and likely to be left behind in a hijack.

I guess it would be cool if it was a waterproof wrist band.
Love the product. Just need to figure out how I would utilise it (if and when I get my car!) with the fob.
And yeah in the phone case wouldn't be great as it would be plugged in to car in the tray and likely to be left behind in a hijack.

My wallet is generally always with me, however I’ve now gotten into the habit of bringing a tag along….

Plus also you can’t leave home without one because it won’t start.

My wallet is generally always with me, however I’ve now gotten into the habit of bringing a tag along….

Thats interesting, I assumed it would start but 'stop' after 3 minutes which would mean me taking the tag to wifey a couple of times every week

• Haha
Thats interesting, I assumed it would start but 'stop' after 3 minutes which would mean me taking the tag to wifey a couple of times every week
No Mike, the Anti Hijack works on the basis of it already having seen the tag on start up.......

Reactions: Mike.46
Forgot to mention there’s a manual override mode should tags be lost.

I've heard that you have one of those security vehicles for your wallet Sean and it just follows you around ;)

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: Jassyo06, IanL-RS3 and 8YARWY
I've heard that you have one of those security vehicles for your wallet Sean and it just follows you around ;)

TX.

Yup he’s just followed me in……
giphy.gif

Reactions: Terminator x
Who needs wireless charging anyway!

I don't really worry about charging the phone in the car but heading off on a little adventure soon so needed a neater solution. Cable ties to the rescue!

20220818 171324

Attachments

• 20220818_171331.jpg
    20220818_171331.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 117
Reactions: creweaudiparts, RS03??? and 8YARWY

I don't really worry about charging the phone in the car but heading off on a little adventure soon so needed a neater solution. Cable ties to the rescue!

View attachment 257946

Wireless is poor charge rate anyway, you aren’t missing much, especially when the wireless CarPlay keeps turning the Damn radio off

Reactions: RSt3ve
Wireless is poor charge rate anyway, you aren’t missing much, especially when the wireless CarPlay keeps turning the Damn radio off

Yeah, cable is much more stable and phones get a bit hissy running hot.

Next mission is feeding the GoPro with power from top of the windscreen. Thinking of using the sunblind, grab hooks and routing it to the boot socket to keep the console area clear.

Yeah, cable is much more stable and phones get a bit hissy running hot.

Next mission is feeding the GoPro with power from top of the windscreen. Thinking of using the sunblind, grab hooks and routing it to the boot socket to keep the console area clear.

Run along the top passenger side where the headlining meets screen then under / behind the A pillar Airbag, from there you can route it along the top where the headliner meets the door rubber B / C trim and drop down into the boot area.

Reactions: RSt3ve
The car won’t start without the tag, it’s how the immobiliser works. Anti hijack then kicks in when it loses connection to the tag

The car won’t start without the tag, it’s how the immobiliser works. Anti hijack then kicks in when it loses connection to the tag

Anti hijack will kick in but only if a certain set of things happen before lost connection.

I would have thought it might be better if it did start but stop after a set time, it would save the low life coming back into your house and demanding the tag, If of course that is how they got the key in the first pace

I would have thought it might be better if it did start but stop after a set time, it would save the low life coming back into your house and demanding the tag, If of course that is how they got the key in the first pace

I’m thinking of ordering the watch.

I’m thinking of ordering the watch.

If they can do a watch.... They should be able to do a wristband.

The Russian technology had me sold but the battery life not so much..

But I did see the be video on the golf r where you can do a sequence of presses on the steering wheel to disarm. That would work for me. That way if they stole the car while it was running they would get away until it was stopped. And it wouldn't start again. Plus you don't have to carry anything extra.

For £400 it's decent piece of kit.

That along with a Dashcam front and back (I've had a claim that I reversed into someone wrote off their car and injured the 3 passengers drag on for almost year with no end in sight. I was lucky that I got CCTV from a shop nearby showing exactly nothing happened but it's still dragging on) are must haves. Especially in Scotland according to the guy I'm now dealing with as the courts are much stricter in England and Wales. So more claims management companies are coming up here and it's same companies dragging out spurious claims hoping for a settlement. It is costing me money on my insurance. Which I may not get back if and when it goes in my favour. They've already rejected 2 claims. Weirdly the Dashcam doesn't give a reduction.

View attachment 257946
I should also add, thanks to @creweaudiparts for swift delivery and a very good price.

Reactions: RS03???, 8YARWY and creweaudiparts
If they can do a watch.... They should be able to do a wristband.

The Russian technology had me sold but the battery life not so much..

But I did see the be video on the golf r where you can do a sequence of presses on the steering wheel to disarm. That would work for me. That way if they stole the car while it was running they would get away until it was stopped. And it wouldn't start again. Plus you don't have to carry anything extra.

For £400 it's decent piece of kit.

That along with a Dashcam front and back (I've had a claim that I reversed into someone wrote off their car and injured the 3 passengers drag on for almost year with no end in sight. I was lucky that I got CCTV from a shop nearby showing exactly nothing happened but it's still dragging on) are must haves. Especially in Scotland according to the guy I'm now dealing with as the courts are much stricter in England and Wales. So more claims management companies are coming up here and it's same companies dragging out spurious claims hoping for a settlement. It is costing me money on my insurance. Which I may not get back if and when it goes in my favour. They've already rejected 2 claims. Weirdly the Dashcam doesn't give a reduction.

Think of the watch as a wristband….

a581adfbd909f8e19a9e40b78ef8ec61.png

I suppose that assumes they’ve figured out they need the tag and it’s not just an immobiliser/ghost/Pandora set up with the key code etc.

I’ve had the Nav-X system added too which is a basic tracker but means you can disable the car remotely if they did take the keys and the tag. Also rings/texts your phone if someone’s tampering with the car. Gives me a bit more piece of mind!

Reactions: IanL-RS3 and Mike.46
I suppose that assumes they’ve figured out they need the tag and it’s not just an immobiliser/ghost/Pandora set up with the key code etc.

I’ve had the Nav-X system added too which is a basic tracker but means you can disable the car remotely if they did take the keys and the tag. Also rings/texts your phone if someone’s tampering with the car. Gives me a bit more piece of mind!

I dont know what they would do to be honest?

Assume they broke onto your house, stole the key and found the car just wont start, they would now know it's immobilised, in the best case they would think ''Ah well lets just go and have a burger'' worst case they would come back in demanding you give them the code or tag?

(Hopefully you would be awake by then and smack them with that Cricket bat you keep in the bedroom)

But if the car started then stopped a mile or so away what then?

Whats the difference between this and being hijacked in Tesco car park?

Just playing devils advocate here but interestedin opinions :)

I dont know what they would do to be honest?

Assume they broke onto your house, stole the key and found the car just wont start, they would now know it's immobilised, in the best case they would think ''Ah well lets just go and have a burger'' worst case they would come back in demanding you give them the code or tag?

(Hopefully you would be awake by then and smack them with that Cricket bat you keep in the bedroom)

But if the car started then stopped a mile or so away what then?

Whats the difference between this and being hijacked in Tesco car park?

Just playing devils advocate here but interestedin opinions :)

Here you go Mike

Reactions: IanL-RS3, Mike.46 and Deleted member 160894
Good feature but I certainly don't leave my keys in the car in a petrol station or anywhere!

TX.

Think of the watch as a wristband….

a581adfbd909f8e19a9e40b78ef8ec61.png

That looks alright. Às long as battery life is decent.

I had only seen this

Edit. 2 week battery life on the band is okay.

I still think a combination of key presses on the steering wheel would be my preferred.

And only using the tag if giving the car for service or to a friend etc.

Last edited:

I had only seen this

I still think a combination of key presses on the steering wheel would be my preferred.

I would prefer to turn it off altogether when in for a service, too many tales of Audi refusing warranty for any excuse these days

I would prefer to turn it off altogether when in for a service, too many tales of Audi refusing warranty for any excuse these days

It has a valet mode Mike you can turn it off.

I had only seen this

I was offered the watch, but turned it down as not a frequent watch wearer since mobile phone's appeared. Have not been tempted by fitbit or any of the apple-watch types for someone like me, who is into toys.
Interestingly, the watch supports Anti-Hijack, whereas, its not specifically mentioned for the band.

Reactions: IanL-RS3 and 8YARWY

I had only seen this

I might be wrong here but I think you can have I set up with a key code instead of the tags but then you don’t get the anti-hijack function. Not sure if the remote activation by phone works without anti-hijack though.

Time for it’s first Oil / Filter change……

57beddec95a9a0ff63519800ceee2732.jpg

Reactions: RSt3ve, NevMan and Mike.46
I’ve not done it but from what Billy said it all works as should. You must be the only person I’ve seen that is worried about whether lane assist works or not lol
Im sure he had to code lane assist out?