8Y RS3 Gremlins thread.

Sorted, phone app has pin not password, but within the App there is 'password' and forgotten, click forgotten and Audi send you a link to reset password.
Put new Password in and all is back, but still a PITA

Thanks All :)

Reactions: DangerMouseUK and Chasriff
I'm assuming they must have been doing something with the servers because mine reset itself too, so that's a few of us. Thankfully I could remember my details and it logged everything straight back in.

Reactions: DangerMouseUK
Had that strange knock again, from under the gear selector last night. Like someone under the car hit it with a hammer from below. Will mention at service.

I’m back in an RS3 again - S3 was lovely but was in the right place at the right time again and my dealer had someone who wanted my S3 and had a cancelled RS3 sportback in mythos black sat there so I put a stupid offer on the table and they accepted it again - not sure how they’re making money but oh well! Also whilst the S3 is an amazing car it made me realise how much better the RS3 is when you go from one to the other.

I got logged out the yesterday or day before (Sunday or Monday now I forget) just as I got into the car which seems a strange time to do it lol, my seat went all the way back as well which was the last guest setting I had it set at as I was cleaning that area - I just clicked on my username though from the MMI main screen when it came up and it didn’t ask me to enter details just logged me straight back in and moved my seat back to where it should have been. Was a bit strange but glad to see lots of others had the same thing as well!

Has anyone else had a super loud crack noise come from somewhere in the dash area? I thought it was a stone or something hitting the windscreen but it sounded like it was coming from inside the car and there’s no marks on the windscreen - I’d just changed from cold air to hot air so thinking some plastic made a super loud expansion sound or something - heard sounds like that before but never that loud!!!

Good to be back on the RS3 forum lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Kevmoz and kayemill
Had that strange knock again, from under the gear selector last night. Like someone under the car hit it with a hammer from below. Will mention at service.

The drivetrain on my previous RS3 has made a horrible shunting sound before when I’ve caught it off guard - dealership said was normal but noted it down.

This was the same car that stopped the engine whilst thinking the engine was fully on and wouldn’t move until I turned the car fully off and back on again!

Reactions: kayemill
Has anyone else had a super loud crack noise come from somewhere in the dash area? I thought it was a stone or something hitting the windscreen but it sounded like it was coming from inside the car and there’s no marks on the windscreen - I’d just changed from cold air to hot air so thinking some plastic made a super loud expansion sound or something - heard sounds like that before but never that loud!!!

This one is still bugging me I checked over the car again today and didn't see any marks - from the noise it was either the loudest plastic expansion/contraction I've ever heard or there should be a mark somewhere on the windscreen/roof but there's nothing.

Has anyone else had really loud "cracking" type noises coming from what seemed to be inside or on the dashboard area?

This one is still bugging me I checked over the car again today and didn't see any marks - from the noise it was either the loudest plastic expansion/contraction I've ever heard or there should be a mark somewhere on the windscreen/roof but there's nothing.

Has anyone else had really loud "cracking" type noises coming from what seemed to be inside or on the dashboard area?

lol I’m actually surprised you bothered buying a third 8Y RS3 after everything that bugged you about the first 2

lol I’m actually surprised you bothered buying a third 8Y RS3 after everything that bugged you about the first 2

The deal to put me back in one was very very good basically. I got back what I paid on the S3 and I doubt they were making any money at all on the RS3 so I dunno seemed sensible at the time . . . Time will tell I guess though lol

My gut feeling at the time was that the RS3 will probably hold its value better than the S3. No idea if that will pan out to be right or wrong but it’s the logic I used to convince myself to swap back.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8YARWY
The deal to put me back in one was very very good basically. I got back what I paid on the S3 and I doubt they were making any money at all on the RS3 so I dunno seemed sensible at the time . . . Time will tell I guess though lol

My gut feeling at the time was that the RS3 will probably hold its value better than the S3. No idea if that will pan out to be right or wrong but it’s the logic I used to convince myself to swap back.

Used prices are starting to tank…….

Yeah I noticed lol

I’m guessing/hoping the RS3 will tank slower than the S3 though?

Time will tell I guess but I’m happy to be back in the RS3 either way - regardless of the massive dashboard cracking sound or random logouts lol

Yeah I noticed lol

I’m guessing/hoping the RS3 will tank slower than the S3 though?

Time will tell I guess but I’m happy to be back in the RS3 either way - regardless of the massive dashboard cracking sound or random logouts lol

Someone I know can’t shift his RS3.

Wanted 52k for a carbon and no one wants it.
He’s been offered 46k.

That’s not a good price at all lol

I do think you’re right though about the market changing - would have been unheard of a year ago for a dealer to sell an RS3 without making any money on it and I’ve heard there’s a few doing it now so that’s going to trickle through to the used prices sooner or later.

I’m going to stick my head in the sand until sale time then and go from there lol

That’s not a good price at all lol

I do think you’re right though about the market changing - would have been unheard of a year ago for a dealer to sell an RS3 without making any money on it and I’ve heard there’s a few doing it now so that’s going to trickle through to the used prices sooner or later.

I’m going to stick my head in the sand until sale time then and go from there lol

It’s a reflection of where things are at the moment and probably for the foreseeable

The days of over list cars are well over, those with big PCP payments may be in for some pain come moving on time.

Insurance doubling is another factor as well, which with all the fraud / claims management was inevitable.

Reactions: DangerMouseUK and kayemill
Yeah agreed on the car market being where it is - good thing I guess in the long run as the inflated pricing wasn't sustainable long term

and my insurance also increased by like 30%!!!, I think it's both the common insurance issues but also the RS3's risk profile must have increased significanlty since it was launched as well so I think its a combo of the two.