RS3 8Y General Discussion Thread.

I would have expected 'someone' to have cracked it by now, I know the latest Motorcycle ecu's are proving hard work as well, some can only be written to and not read, they have to 'read' them by observing/logging parameteres whilst the bike is running

On a similar note

See if you can stand more than 5 seconds of this awful video

View: https://youtu.be/sxxFkUeObL8?si=M7h0Qhs42RVR-pvp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: FBF01
I would have expected 'someone' to have cracked it by now, I know the latest Motorcycle ecu's are proving hard work as well, some can only be written to and not read, they have to 'read' them by observing/logging parameteres whilst the bike is running

On a similar note

On a similar note

*adds mental note to buy more Moncler....

not the best camera work i've seen.. felt a little seasick pretty quickly...

i wonder if just lobbing a larger or hybrid turbo on and let the default ecu work it out is going to be the only way forward if the ecu never gets unlocked..

• Haha
I see Auditography on Instagram have posted a video of the 2024 face lift S3. Seems to be all performance changes rather than looks. Decent upgrade for the S3 though.

Edit: New lights also I think.

Reactions: flybynite and 8YARWY
I see Auditography on Instagram have posted a video of the 2024 face lift S3. Seems to be all performance changes rather than looks. Decent upgrade for the S3 though.

Trying to keep up with the golf R I bet as I can imagine that gets a power bump when it’s launched.

They also gave it the Magna system so k**bs like in my over post can nearly wipe out oncoming cars, hmm sorry I think I’m still Trolling, never can tell these days.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: Rs3Dude, flybynite and kayemill

Interesting that they’ve ‘thrown’ everything at it this time.
I bet the interior is pretty much the same then, bar a few VC tweaks.

Reactions: flybynite and kayemill

If they don't change much, its standard to paint it random colours to make it look different and difficult to tell what has not been changed.

They always have to maintain hierarchy from the Golf R otherwise most wouldn't buy the S3. Still can't see the facelift tempting me into an 8Y though.

They also gave it the Magna system so k**bs like in my over post can nearly wipe out oncoming cars, hmm sorry I think I’m still Trolling, never can tell these days.

You are not trolling mate, it has long been a bugbear of mine with all the reviews going on about "getting the back end out" and the affect that has on the "weak minded" with the consequences for anyone coming the other way. Ended up in the gutter avoiding cars with back ends going wide more times last few years than in last 40 years of driving even in days of leaf springs, solid axles and nothing but a mechanical link between your foot and the back wheels.

Another issue is that you are not allowed to "drift" on most tracks either (for obvious reasons) so all this online stuff is fuelling a lot of pent-up idiocy

I don't buy an Audi to drive like a BMW, I have BMWs for that. I know I can get from place to place as fast as I would ever want to go, all in balance without oversteer or understeer in any conditions, I think that's why the silent majority buy them.

Reactions: kayemill, RS03??? and 8YARWY
If they don't change much, its standard to paint it random colours to make it look different and difficult to tell what has not been changed.

They always have to maintain hierarchy from the Golf R otherwise most wouldn't buy the S3. Still can't see the facelift tempting me into an 8Y though.

You are not trolling mate, it has long been a bugbear of mine with all the reviews going on about "getting the back end out" and the affect that has on the "weak minded" with the consequences for anyone coming the other way. Ended up in the gutter avoiding cars with back ends going wide more times last few years than in last 40 years of driving even in days of leaf springs, solid axles and nothing but a mechanical link between your foot and the back wheels.

Another issue is that you are not allowed to "drift" on most tracks either (for obvious reasons) so all this online stuff is fuelling a lot of pent-up idiocy

I don't buy an Audi to drive like a BMW, I have BMWs for that. I know I can get from place to place as fast as I would ever want to go, all in balance without oversteer or understeer in any conditions, I think that's why the silent majority buy them.
Could’ve ended differently…..

In the wrong knuckle draggers hands these cars are a recipe for disaster…….

Who drives like this at a junction they can’t sight properly in the first place.

Social media toxicity at its peak, some of the comments are a sad indication of where we are at these days with sections of society.

IMG 5118

Reactions: kayemill and RS03???
Could’ve ended differently…..

In the wrong knuckle draggers hands these cars are a recipe for disaster…….

Who drives like this at a junction they can’t sight properly in the first place.

Social media toxicity at its peak, some of the comments are a sad indication of where we are at these days with sections of society.

View attachment 274315
Social Media - just waiting for it to become history.

Reactions: kayemill and 8YARWY
New air vents and gear ‘stick’ and the door cards are different. Looks like it has more ambient lighting near the gear surround and cup holders

No more B&O it’s now Sonos

6ed3acf5 0589 41f1 b2c0 5771a4e26a30
5072776f 3901 4953 9817 496dd86ec7d5

Reactions: kayemill
Facelift A3 vids are out on YouTube

MMI has new software and hardware possibly - Virtual Dash is also upgraded along with Sonos as others have said already

Facelift A3 vids are out on YouTube

MMI has new software and hardware possibly - Virtual Dash is also upgraded along with Sonos as others have said already

Still terrible on the inside lol

Looks like Audi got a deal on LED’s so chucked them at the interior.

**** polished.

Sent from under the bridge…..

Reactions: DangerMouseUK and Ian Downes
That and our current gear "knob" is the most annoying thing about my car.
Why's everybody complaining about the gear knob? I think it's very easy to use, much better than longer or larger lever that you have to use with larger grip and dodge when using anything on lower dash. The new one though seems much worse to use, you must place your fingers much more carefully to find the right spot.

Why's everybody complaining about the gear knob? I think it's very easy to use, much better than longer or larger lever that you have to use with larger grip and dodge when using anything on lower dash. The new one though seems much worse to use, you must place your fingers much more carefully to find the right spot.
I used to like the longer gear change on my Golf 7.5R, very handy when coming out of sharp turns with steering wheel maybe upside down (in manual mode) one of the things I miss actaully.

One of my gripes with the Golf used to be the fact that even in manual mode it would auto change at or near the rev limiter and change down if you floored the accelerator a little too far, yes there was a resistance at 95% throttle travel but all too easy to overcome.

I am still 100% that the kickdown in manual is 'wrong' and glad the RS3 does not do that, but if youve ever tried a max acceleration from a standstill in manual mode it's just about nigh on impossible to preempt the 1st-2nd gear change correctly, I just pull the + paddle now (3 secs) to put the box back in auto and let the electronics sort gear change out (It might be different 'if' the box was to actaully change gear when the paddle is pulled)

Reactions: JKP
I also preferred the ability to change gear with the "knob" in my 4-series. Paddles are always in the wrong place.

That and our current gear "knob" is the most annoying thing about my car.

Why's everybody complaining about the gear knob?

One of the reasons I am still in the 8V, when I am pushing on in manual round corners, the paddles are never there (it is why some fix them to the column not the wheel)

Thankfully I can hit the lever blindfolded no matter what is going on, it just falls to hand.

Now if I could only make it work in the correct sense it would be perfect :sunglasses:

Reactions: Mike.46
Who on earth thought it was a good idea to show these facelift cars with the hideous orange elements ?

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Mike.46 and 8YARWY
Who on earth thought it was a good idea to show these facelift cars with the hideous orange elements ?
I would guess at they had to paint them orange or very few people would know/see the difference :)

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Am surprised they didn’t bung more LEDs on the outside

What a croc of poo

Reactions: Mr Freeze and Snake Pliskin
Hey everyone, new to the forum. Looks like there is a wealth of knowledge here! Would any of you legends be able to advise what the part # is for the spoiler that is fitted on the rear of the 8Y Sportback carbon black edition ? Cheers

Has anyone clocked that the 8Y facelift will be available in Ascari Blue. Obviously only info so far is the basic A3, but it’s hopeful for S3 and RS3

Apologies if miles behind the curve :tearsofjoy: but spotted today that carbon brakes no longer an option!

TX.

Apologies if miles behind the curve :tearsofjoy: but spotted today that carbon brakes no longer an option!

TX.

lol honestly though who cares anymore.

Sent from under the bridge…..

• Haha
Reactions: Jassyo06, AndyVWR and Mr Freeze
Not even on the configurator now as the new A3 is due soon.

TX.

• Haha
Reactions: 8YARWY
Gotta ask what bad experiences did you have with the RS3 since you're now constantly bashing it and stating no one should be interested about it, and same about the A3? The 8Y had a bad start, but I still think it's far from being a bad car and the competitors in the same class aren't really offering anything better in the same money right now.

Reactions: kayemill and Rs3Dude
Too many, and i'm afraid opinions are like A8*e Holes, the 8Y RS3 isn't the best RS product Audi have ever made by a long chalk, but hey that's my opinion of it and I'm entitled to one.

If you don't like it or disagree with me, then fine, glad to be shot of mine.

Even the FL S3 looks ghastly, Audi have lost their way in terms of Interiors and pricing in my opinion, and I'm not alone in this thinking.

Reactions: Jassyo06