RS3 Build Tracker Spreadsheet

[mention]RS03??? [/mention] just had a phone call from my Audi dealer and my car has finished being built 3 days ago so now waiting for transport to the dealer, and I should take delivery in August.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: kayemill and RS03???
It looks like the emails don't get cancelled ...

Screenshot 20230724 120854

TX.

Reactions: NevMan
Morning All.
Not much activity last week: so 90% copy and paste. (again).
Expect to see a bunch of cars wearing the 73 plate as they are collected. Even with the number of cancellations, we are showing about 73% of orders being fulfilled to date.
Collected last week: None
Collecting Soon:

Vorsprung @Zohaib Sl-MyB - pick up in Aug23.
Vorsprung @Carl P Sb-GlW @delaers - collecting 1st Sep-ish.
Vorsprung @basher Sb-GlW - Now at Dealers - pick Up 1st-Sep

Tracking: (In Build or Completed to Emden or stuck at UK Port?)
Vorsprung @P40L - Sb-PyY - now in Build
Potential Build due to start or commenced
Vorsprung @Waq1 - Sl-DaG
Vorsprung @Ross1 - Sb-KeG
Vorsprung @BazzaB Sb-Exp
Carbon @WilsonRS Sb-KeG

Could you remove me from the spreadsheet please RS03??? as I have today cancelled my order. This is following a latest update of my build week being no longer confirmed and the dealership not sure if the car would arrive this year.

Could you remove me from the spreadsheet please RS03??? as I have today cancelled my order. This is following a latest update of my build week being no longer confirmed and the dealership not sure if the car would arrive this year.
@SamRS , thanks for letting me know. Have removed from the list. Best wishes going forward.

Reactions: SamRS
It looks like the emails don't get cancelled ...

View attachment 269297

TX.

They don’t. When I cancelled original Q3 order with Tetbury they said I would still get emails as essentially they don’t do anything as still want the car and once it arrives in the UK the emails will stop as never got the on way to dealer etc as at that point they have control passed over and can change

anyone one wants a brand new rs3 saloon vorsprung in black metallic, got one getting delivered on friday, 61000£ no offers, its my cancelled order

Reactions: Tommm
FOMO is something I've never gotten with the car l cancelled....l just reminded myself on how the interior looked enough said

I keep forgetting how much better those Fiesta interiors are than the RS3s, like you bought.

• Haha
Reactions: DarrenFFC and Robsrs
FOMO is something I've never gotten with the car l cancelled....l just reminded myself on how the interior looked enough said
Mr Negative strikes again, wait for the facelift in 2 years. Feel like you really really wanted one but Couldn’t for some reason.

Reactions: Tommm, A3simon and Daggerit
Mr Negative strikes again, wait for the facelift in 2 years. Feel like you really really wanted one but Couldn’t for some reason.

You're blind to the fact or you prefer a hearse like interior plus l realised covering it with a Smarty like exterior paint still wouldn't change thing's....and it's soon to be updated l consider the above very good reasons to have patched it...

Last edited:
You're blind or you prefer a hearse like interior plus l realised covering it with a Smarty like exterior paint still wouldn't change things.

All of your input on this forum is just a broken record about how you don like the interior, there’s nothing useful ever added. It’s so repetitive it sounds like you’re trying to convince us and yourself that’s actually a sensible reason to have not bought the car when I suspect it’s actually because you spent your deposit on getting your teeth done and then couldn’t afford it.

I feel like you should just refrain from posting and putting current and future owners down just because you can’t or won’t buy the car purely down to the lack of coloured stitching in the interior.

• Haha
Reactions: Tommm, Dubjam and Terminator x
[mention]RS03??? [/mention] Can you please message me I’ve tried messaging you but don’t have access

Thread tidied...any further attempts to circumvent the swear filter to show all your big man RS3/Fiesta ego's will result in some holidays..

While anyone is allowed to post their views in any forum, if any circular rhetoric continues from either side of the debate, then removals from the thread will be enforced.

I've not got a dog in this fight and I can see all sides, however as I don't own an 8Y I think you can guess my conclusion.

I bought a new Ford as a stop-gap between BMWs and 6 years later I still had it. For what it cost it was well put together, never cost me a penny over normal maintenance for 60K miles. To this day it is one of the best balanced and fun cars to chuck around the place I have driven.

In many opinions the interior of the 8V RS3 is not spectacular for a 50k car, but I'm not a fan of overly fancy interiors and for me the 8V interior is well put together and does not let a 50K car down, even though it is basically the same as a base A3 TDi.

The problem I have is an 8V that was 50K is now over 70K for an 8Y, that is a big jump in a couple of years even taking into account the price of cars. For me that is starting to knock on the door of cars that are a step up on any A3 variant.

It is all about perceived quality and what you get for the money.

If I did not have the 8V I would not be buying an 8Y because for the money it just does not float my boat and I'd likely either be throwing more money at it to get something that felt more worth it to me or I would be buying another stop-gap, maybe even another Ford. :friendly wink:

Reactions: Phill6666 and Daggerit
Seriously. Just stop winding other members up.
Hi, I feel im not winding other members up. I don’t understand why somebody who has no interest in the car and from almost all of his post is very negative. Every other member has valued feed back that is helpful.

Reactions: Tommm and Daggerit
I've not got a dog in this fight and I can see all sides, however as I don't own an 8Y I think you can guess my conclusion.

I bought a new Ford as a stop-gap between BMWs and 6 years later I still had it. For what it cost it was well put together, never cost me a penny over normal maintenance for 60K miles. To this day it is one of the best balanced and fun cars to chuck around the place I have driven.

In many opinions the interior of the 8V RS3 is not spectacular for a 50k car, but I'm not a fan of overly fancy interiors and for me the 8V interior is well put together and does not let a 50K car down, even though it is basically the same as a base A3 TDi.

The problem I have is an 8V that was 50K is now over 70K for an 8Y, that is a big jump in a couple of years even taking into account the price of cars. For me that is starting to knock on the door of cars that are a step up on any A3 variant.

If I did not have the 8V I would not be buying an 8Y because for the money it just does not float my boat and I'd likely either be throwing more money at it to get something that felt more worth it to me or I would be buying another stop-gap, maybe even another Ford. :friendly wink:

I agree, nothing wrong with Ford at all.

It’s incredible how someone thinks because they own an Audi of any flavour, it’s automatically the superior car to anything else.

Reactions: flybynite
Getting back on the subject of "Build Tracker" :friendly wink:

Anyone have a car on the boat that went up in smoke?? it would be the ultimate kick in the nuts to have waited 2 years for an RS then have it taken out by a faulty EV

• Haha
Reactions: Terminator x
Sorry if my post caused any offence to any of the members as this was never my intention. I also had the fiesta st3 that was a great car and was more than happy with. I was tired of always seeing very negative and unhelpful posts from 1 member, who has no interest in the car but still continues to comment on the feed.

Reactions: Daggerit and Mozol22
Thanks, TangoRed batch production is usually around May/June time. However @dixiebrook's order was due in tail end of July-23, but no update, yet.
I think (and hope) it's not the case outside UK. This color is getting audi exclusive in many countries and in some already is. I hope it won't cause serious delay.

All new models & Manufacturers have had big price increases not just the 8Y.

same goes for AMG models
M cars
Porsche etc

surely you don’t just buy the 8Y just because of the interior? It’s was just an expectation as Audi have always nailed interiors which they do in other models still.

it’s clear Audi went with a different direction with the 8Y which is very clear the driving dynamics as it’s night and day over the 8V, 8P and 8L
I don’t understand the ‘wouldn’t buy the 8Y comments’ you’re not forced to buy it.

There is not many cars that perform how it does for the money out the box with a warranty. It’s not perfect buts it’s not terrible.

Reactions: kayemill, Daggerit and Dnwc
It’s actually hilarious now reading the negative comments and it’s from those that don’t own it.

• Haha
Reactions: 8YARWY, janjan, Tommm and 2 others
It’s actually hilarious now reading the negative comments and it’s from those that don’t own it.

I don't get what you think is hilarious? Makes perfect sense to me, why on earth would you own something you don't like? The ones that like it will likely own it, the ones that don't like it will likely not, what I think is hilarious is that you seem surprised by this.

All new models & Manufacturers have had big price increases not just the 8Y.

Yes agreed everything has gone up but not as much, my argument is that the 8Y is closer in price to other things (with lower wait times) than the 8V ever was

I don’t understand the ‘wouldn’t buy the 8Y comments’ you’re not forced to buy it.

Yes I know I don't have to buy it but I am an RS3 owner and have an opinion about the new one, sorry if you don't like it. I wanted one, I wanted to like it but I don't, especially when compared to what came before and what you can have for not much more money.

When I am looking to buy any car I want to know what people are bashing it for and whether that mattered to me. I have good reasons for not buying and 8Y RS3 they may not apply or matter to you in the slightest (and great if that's the case) but they might help someone looking to buy or deciding to keep one.

I am not knocking you for buying an 8Y, like I say I have no dog in the fight, doesn't matter to me what you do, I and others are just saying why we don't own one and the reasons why, a lot will be subjective and matter to someone more than another.

It is about reading it all and making your own mind up, there is no one size fits all, never has been.

Reactions: Jassyo06, RS03??? and 8YARWY
Yes agreed everything has gone up but not as much, my argument is that the 8Y is closer in price to other things (with lower wait times) than the 8V ever was
Compared to the A45 I guess they had to have it nearer that price tag along with inflation.
8V wasn’t exactly cheap when new either.
Yes I know I don't have to buy it but I am an RS3 owner and have an opinion about the new one, sorry if you don't like it. I wanted one, I wanted to like it but I don't, especially when compared to what came before and what you can have for not much more money.

When I am looking to buy any car I want to know what people are bashing it for and whether that mattered to me. I have good reasons for not buying and 8Y RS3 they may not apply or matter to you in the slightest (and great if that's the case) but they might help someone looking to buy or deciding to keep one.

I am not knocking you for buying an 8Y, like I say I have no dog in the fight, doesn't matter to me what you do, I and others are just saying why we don't own one and the reasons why, a lot will be subjective and matter to someone more than another.

It is about reading it all and making your own mind up, there is no one size fits all, never has been.
What would you say offers more for similar money? Has to be new out the box with a warranty to make it fair.

So having owned a 2013 A3 saloon, an 8v.2 Daza saloon and now an 8Y saloon, apart from being a glutton for small Audi saloon cars my view is:

The A3 was a £30k car and when I got the 1st RS3 I optioned it to death to make it a £57500k car without exclusive paint but there were already some slight reductions in quality. Small things like the back of the glovebox no longer felt lined etc...
Didn't look that much more special outside than the A3 tbh but once driving it was all about the noise, speed and feel of the car....but mostly noise.
Felt special to drive with loads of drama and I never got bored of it.
It had sports seats with contrast stitching, mono pur etc...so was a nice place to be but I didn't notice that when I was driving.
When I sold it it hadn't deteriorated at all, still looked like new at 5 1/2 years old.

8Y looks the part stood still and I get comments every day, folk taking pics etc...but maybe because of the exclusive colour or rarity in my area.
Mine was £62500 with exclusive paint, which equates to just £5k more than the 8v, you can't compare prices of old/new unless the spec is similar and my Vorsprung is almost a match spec-wise to the 8v, it's missing side assist & mono pur but gained HUD.
Appreciate prices have risen a few times in the last 2 years but haven't most things gone up?
Inside doesn't feel as well built and the cutbacks are quite noticeable, even the carpet is cheaper quality but again when driving it's not that noticeable.
But the thing missing is when you drive it, you don't have the same drama any more.
It's faster, handles way better than the 8v ever did as stock, has much better tech etc but doesn't give the same spark.

The reason for changing was I went cash for car that only pays out for cars under 5 years old so it was a cheap upgrade.
I don't regret changing as for what I use it for it's a much much better car, just not as good as they could have made it.

Reactions: Kevmoz, Daggerit, flybynite and 5 others
Has to be new out the box with a warranty to make it fair.
Maybe for you but not for me and many others, it just has to be something I want to drive instead that gives me the feeling I want when driving, whether it be a used DAZA TTRS, used 911, Porsche Cayman, M2 or Alpina B3. I am not saying they have to be the same price either, just the difference is less than it used to be. I would sooner pay a bit more and sit in something much better, or sit in something older for half the money that still gives you what you want. There are may valid options for lots of people not just the narrow criteria you judge things by.
Mine was £62500
I agree with everything you say and if you got to pay list in the early days it was more realistic, but it was a long wait. What they are going for now is less so.

Reactions: Keithd32 and 8YARWY
For me the 8Y was a step up from the OPF'd 8V for drivability and unique looks. Then, do agree on the poor 8Y interior, & VS's round steering wheel, which is a annoyance, easily forgotten.
Also, must be getting really long in the tooth as I don't miss the pops & bangs any more.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and flybynite
Maybe for you but not for me and many others, it just has to be something I want to drive instead that gives me the feeling I want when driving, whether it be a used DAZA TTRS, used 911, Porsche Cayman, M2 or Alpina B3. I am not saying they have to be the same price either, just the difference is less than it used to be. I would sooner pay a bit more and sit in something much better, or sit in something older for half the money that still gives you what you want. There are may valid options for lots of people not just the narrow criteria you judge things by.

I agree with everything you say and if you got to pay list in the early days it was more realistic, but it was a long wait. What they are going for now is less so.
I could have gone used and easily gone for a 911/991 GTS. Although it had to have a manufacturers warranty with ideally newer tech with a half decent drive. I’m pretty sure majority of owners could have done the same but also wanted something newer.
My question is what’s out there that is better for the money out the box of similar age with a warranty. I never sold my 8V because I hated it. I wanted something new within a budget. Most other new options were out of reach financially.

No doubts there are better older car for the money but majority of owners wanted something new with a half decent warranty.

For me the 8Y was a step up from the OPF'd 8V for drivability and unique looks. Then, do agree on the poor 8Y interior, & VS's round steering wheel, which is a annoyance, easily forgotten.
Also, must be getting really long in the tooth as I don't miss the pops & bangs any more.
This is my whole point, everyone has different wants and priorities :thumbs up: No right or wrong

For me I like the fact that the 8V in the right colour does not stand out, in comfort, valves closed it could be just another A3. I have always driven sleepers and this ticks boxes for me.

I'm similarly long in the tooth and the pops and bangs don't do it for me either but I do catch myself grinning sometimes when it does :grinning:.

I bought the car for the 5-cyl sound because it reminds me of watching S1s launch in the forests when I was a kid and for me a DAZA at full chat through the factory sport exhaust sounds more like one of those than the UR quattro I had in the early 90s.

Reactions: 8YARWY and RS03???