Maps finally updated...on its own.

So hooked up to the trickle charger, prepared my SD cards and completed the MIB installation and I am not ready to update to the new maps but will do this tomorrow as I have ran out of time.

All worked perfectly as expected, amazing tool. Thanks to all on this thread for pointing me to the correct resources!
All sorted with the 2023 maps.

Audi connect services and traffic are all working as expected.

It is a shame that the new satellite overlay isn’t as good as the Google version was, you never used to have the horizon and the watermark at the top is a little annoying. Still satellite images are still better than the stock view in my opinion.

Very happy with the MIB

Attachments

• 00397238-AA8B-425E-BD04-FB81575E8FFB.jpeg
    00397238-AA8B-425E-BD04-FB81575E8FFB.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 408
Reactions: Harvey
Hello everyone,
I just bought a 2017 A4 Premium Plus Quattro with Virtual Cockpit and B&O speakers and I love it !!! Just did not realize it would be this painful and dealers would ask such ridiculous $$$ for such basic things any customer should have especially if you have a Premium vehicle. I paid $199 for Audi Connect thinking it would activate maps and remote start etc etc. and all it did was show me gas prices and weather/news which is pathetic. Requested refund and got it back fortunately.

I have now bought a OBDEleven NexGen Pro pack and many many thanks to all members/posters here who have given me hope there is some humanity left in this world. I have started to download a few of these files, bought a 64GB SD card and waiting for the OBDEleven to arrive today evening.

I just wish someone could help me with clear instructions / tutorial to update for lifetime maps, latest firmware (I have 0918) etc. My MMI shows LTE connection and I have two SD card slots along with one SIM card slot in glove compartment. Can I trick the MMI into using my LTE/5G connection ?
A4

Ok guys, I got it figured. You will have to be prepared to "hack" your unit with custom firmware to run on your MIB unit. Well, it's not even that, it's firmware running from an SD-card and installing a bootloader into the unit enabling you to run custom scripts on your unit.

Next to the map update it also enables CarPlay, Google Auto and Video in Motion + unlocks lifetime maps (so you can just download maps and update the database of your current model). So yes, it's true that the MIB is "licensed" normally but this patch will make the unit think it has lifetime maps updates and will hapily accept any map update you feed it year after year :).

Download: https://mibsolution.one/?module=fileman&section=do&page=download&paths[]=/ROOT/1/18/M.I.B_3.1.6_20220120.7z

This will download a tool M.I.B. (More Incredible Bash). Get yourself an SD card and extract the content of the 7zip folder to your FAT32 formatted SD-card.
When done so put the SD-card in SD-slot 1 (important), do not put it in slot 2 but in slot 1!

Note: Start your car or make sure it's on power leads to charge battery while updating. If you stop or turn down the power in the middle of an update you'll brick your unit and render it useless.

This tutorial looks a bit sketchy and I was sceptical as first aswell but took the leap of faith in the amazing community it has behind this project and it's the best leap I've ever took :).

1. Open the REM (Red Engineering Menu) by holding the NAV + MEDIA buttons for aprox 10 seconds.
2. Hit 'update'
3. Hit 'standard'
4. Scroll down and hit 'Start update'.
- This will write a bootloader to your MIB2 unit, it does not interfere with your current Audi firmware. Just let is update as usual. The unit will reboot 3 times during the process.

View attachment 248863

5. When the car is started up again hold the buttons NAV + RADIO to open the GEM (Green Engineering Menu)
6. Hit "M.I.B"
7. Scroll down untill you see the option to create a backup. For the sake of backups please create one, there is a great community behind this tool that will help you get back on track if you systems crashed or is not functionalling well. But then they will need logs and a backup ofcourse.

View attachment 248864

View attachment 248865

Note again. DO NOT, I REPEAT. DO NOT STOP THE UPDATE UNTILL IS SAYS ITS FINISHED. You can scroll down to check up on it's status. Again, NEVER turn off the power during an update. This will brick the device and render it useless, this is not recoverable.

View attachment 248866
View attachment 248867
8. When done you can hit the back button to go back to the 'main menu'.
9. To activate CarPlay, Google Auto and Video in Motion hit the option 'patch_ifs_root_aio'
10. Hit the option 'Flash_patched_image |add FECs | CP/AA coding'
11. Let the update run, again do NOT turn anything off untill its completely done.
12. After the update the system will reboot and CarPlay will be active on your system.

View attachment 248868

13. This update also enables the FEC code for lifetime Map updates. Download the maps in the opening post of this topic and put it on your SD-card.
14. Now go through the normal update procedure through the main menu and your MIB unit will accept the new maps and you can enjoy new maps every year they come out.

Note: The GEM menu will be available untill Audi or you renew/update the firmware on the MIB unit.

Hope I can help you guys out with this, if you have any doubts or difficulties PM me I'm happy to help out.
Thank you for the information & the instructions. I presume this would be the same process for NAR maps and even if I have Apple Carplay & Android Auto already enabled ? Sorry but as you can see I'm a newbie to Audi and all this. I try my best to keep up. I have bought a 64GB SD card and OBDEleven if that helps.

OK so I managed to make the SD card with the MIB patch procedure and I put the right patch file for my car (following my version an Audi Q5/2018, xxxP5092 vers and MU 1329)

a few questions because I am stuck now:

How does the patch MIB procedure end? I am stuck in a screen after 3 reloads and on the bottom, of a list (where only the patcher has the OK symbol) the option says RESUME. if I press it then it says something about comparing versions and connecting a tester diagnostic tester etc. Is the patch done or not? Did I do something wrong? I restarted the procedure once more and then I got to the same screen again.

If the patch is successful, then how do you enter into the Green menu? with the same combination of keys? NAV up and RADIO down, together? something else. I can't make it out. please help.

thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-17 at 5.52.04 PM.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-01-17 at 5.52.04 PM.jpg
    365.4 KB · Views: 248
Can anyone help. Trying to unlock the bootloader to do the maps update and I keep getting this message at the end of the red software update. Also is anyone else having issues downloading the updated firmware? cant seem to download it, just keeps adding estimated time on and no progress. dont want to leave it downloading for 8 weeks View attachment 257903
same issue here. I am stuck in this screen, did it a couple of times and same results. have you solved it ? thanks

same issue here. I am stuck in this screen, did it a couple of times and same results. have you solved it ? thanks
Just to advice that this message is normal when you press RESUME then, the system performs the final boot and all is done. (at least in my case)

I run the MIB tool latest v.1.2 (i think) and all went well in my audi Q5/2018 with MU1329.
Now I am running the MAP update 2023.

I have a question: Will the Audi CONNECT and TRAFIC DATA be enabled again or do i need to run more stuff from the M.I.B. tool in GREEN MENU ? does anyone know the procedure here? I ready somewhere in a post that some were successful to enable both.

thanks

Fastest download links for NAR 2022/23 maps. I have successfully updated my MU0918 to MU1316 and will be trying the FEC patch tonight. I am just not able to download the latest maps as the link makes me feel like I'm back in the 64Kb/128Kb dialup modem era :)

I am based in Australia, I was missing FEC code for ROW map. All good now.
Hi Faizm

I am trying to do this from NZ - and can't get the maps to update. It find them fine but then the start update is greyed out (MIB installed and FEC codes updated to '~ee' etc.). I have not found anything online about a different code for RoW? Did you do anything different to get that? Any help appreciated.. thanks in advance.

@Faizm sorry forgot to tag you above!
Just adding to the above in case anyone can help.. see below some screenshots of the issue I'm facing - trying to install RoW 23 maps - everything goes fine until I go to update then Start Update is greyed out. Any ideas what E15 means? Error? assuming the F means found. Map file is P313_N60S5MIBH3_ROW.7z

Image4

Image3

Image2

should my FEC be something different based on below? is that file missing an RoW FEC?

thanks a mill!
John

@Faizm sorry forgot to tag you above!
Just adding to the above in case anyone can help.. see below some screenshots of the issue I'm facing - trying to install RoW 23 maps - everything goes fine until I go to update then Start Update is greyed out. Any ideas what E15 means? Error? assuming the F means found. Map file is P313_N60S5MIBH3_ROW.7z

View attachment 263213
View attachment 263214
View attachment 263215
View attachment 263216
should my FEC be something different based on below? is that file missing an RoW FEC?
View attachment 263217
thanks a mill!
John
I am assuming you have patched the MMI correctly with the MIB tool, right? If yes then probably something with the SD format or files in it.

I am assuming you have patched the MMI correctly with the MIB tool, right? If yes then probably something with the SD format or files in it.
Hi @georgi0 - yeah no issues with the patches - turns out I needed a different FEC code for RoW maps which is 023D00ee instead of 023000ee. There are two files to change this in within the patches folder for MIB.

Next part that I am stuck on though is that you can't apply the FEC patch on non-stock firmware (as i've already flashed the EU FECs).. there is a note that you can go back to stock FW by applying update via user defines SWDL.

Any thoughts on how to do this? I can see user defined update in the advanced options which I can check on but then not sure of the next step(s) - do I need to reinstall FW from the Red engineering menu by selecting user defined update and checking everything to Yes?
thanks
JL

Last edited:
The thread is a little unclear, is this safe to do on a system with B&O? Is there any different steps for a car with B&O and CarPlay already working?

Hello everyone,
Today I finally managed to install the M.I.B in my Audi A4. I already had the 2022/2023 maps installed, but they weren't working. Now they already are.
Thanks to everyone here for sharing your experiences. They helped me a lot.

The thread is a little unclear, is this safe to do on a system with B&O? Is there any different steps for a car with B&O and CarPlay already working?
It's the same steps if you have B&O and CarPlay

Reactions: AJR
2023 maps installed, everything went smoothly.

Unfortunately I seem to have missed something as still no satellite overlay. I just get an message saying couldn’t connect to the Audi server

2023 maps installed, everything went smoothly.

Unfortunately I seem to have missed something as still no satellite overlay. I just get an message saying couldn’t connect to the Audi server
sattelite only works if you have an audi connect subscription

I have a subscription, the £12 a month one
Depending on the age/chipset of your car/head unit, Google Earth doesn't work any more and you might not be able to use the Audi offered replacement. If that's relevant to you, there's some potentially relevant information and someone offering a fix (for a fee) here and here.

Sorted. Scroll to the bottom of his page and there is a free way to update it. Then just reinstall MIBasher and re patch with the patch matching the new software!

now have 2023 maps, latest firmware and satellite images!

Hi,

I currently have 2016 version of maps and would like to try this update/patch/apple carplay activation if possible. The link in the post no longer works for me for some reason but would my current version work does anybody know?

My car is a 2016 FL S3.

Hi,

I currently have 2016 version of maps and would like to try this update/patch/apple carplay activation if possible. The link in the post no longer works for me for some reason but would my current version work does anybody know?

My car is a 2016 FL S3.

View attachment 263562
read the whole thread

Hi @GeorgeRoch ,
I think what @AJR is politely trying to tell you is that your version is not supported by MiB.
As all links in this thread don't appear to be working have a read HERE

Hi @GeorgeRoch ,
I think what @AJR is politely trying to tell you is that your version is not supported by MiB.
As all links in this thread don't appear to be working have a read HERE
All the links apart from the very first one were working, however they are now all down.

That is the only place i know of where the patches are uploaded too so without that link I don't believe it can be done.

Updating the firmware is easy if your system supports it - https://www.a5oc.com/threads/google-earth-saga-and-vw-group.176098/#post-1617078

Guide there, download the 2nd pdf and that will tell you what folder you need on the Mega link

Hello from Spain.
I have 2018 Q5 with firmware MIH2Q_ER_AUG22_P5092 Soft 1329. I have from factory Carplay and Android
Just Installed M.I.B. 3.4.1 but can`t instal map code 023000ee.
Can someone explain the steps for someone who doesn't understand?
the Patches folder the FEC codes already come. Also, do I have to copy the patch to the folder before installing MIB 3.4.1?

023000ee is EU FEC. If you have a NA/ROW system, you'll need the according FEC for that system and then install those maps. If you want EU maps, convert the unit to EU and then get the EU FEC, etc.

Hi, i read this whole thread and it's still unclear to me if you can use this on the MHIG software.
A couple of reply's said yes but you can't activate Carplay and Android Auto, other reply's say you can't.
So can you use this Patch to install new maps or not for the MHIG system version ??

Mhig patching method is the same (manual method by patching ifs root). Eu map fec is 021000ee. Mhig uses the same maps as mhi2/mhi2q.
No aa/cp possible

Hi everyone. Great info on here and all are really helpfull.
ive got through the thread up and completed the patch but it now says the 23000ee it Illegal.
Any help would be great

Attachments

• 14EE1D95-A8E8-459E-BAE0-625FD4BC845F.jpeg
    14EE1D95-A8E8-459E-BAE0-625FD4BC845F.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 348
Just to add. Reading the message from MIB, Audi have made them remove the software? Maybe we cant do this orocess any more

Can someone confirm is this MIH2 unit which I have on my car?
Check from the red menu. Hold nav/map + radio for 10 sec while you're in the main menu.

Other ways, if you can write on the rotary button, MHI2. If you can't write and the two buttons adjacent to the rotary button are silver, MHS2.

Hey, thanks. Yes, I can write on the rotary button and the car has virtual dashboard, so it is MIH2 than.

One more question, car has only one USB port marked "charging only", so I guess it is not possible to activate Androdi Auto or CarPlay?

It is possible to activate, you just need to swap the USB port, change the wiring and coding. The USB port is expensive.

Use more incredible bash to unlock. (And mib helper for more stuff).

Ok, clear. I don't need AA that much, since I will update maps, but it is not bad to have. Many thanks for your answers.

You can use the golf mk7 usb port if you want it on a budget.

Reactions: HaloPreka
MHS2 has different maps and a different patch. Check a5oc forum user Congo

Reactions: Mixmeister
Mhig patching method is the same (manual method by patching ifs root). Eu map fec is 021000ee. Mhig uses the same maps as mhi2/mhi2q.
No aa/cp possible
Hi mate, do you happen to know the procedure for manually patching MHIG? I have found the firmware on the solutions site along with a ifs patch but no idea how to add it.