Maps finally updated...on its own.

Hi @georgi0 - yeah no issues with the patches - turns out I needed a different FEC code for RoW maps which is 023D00ee instead of 023000ee. There are two files to change this in within the patches folder for MIB.

Next part that I am stuck on though is that you can't apply the FEC patch on non-stock firmware (as i've already flashed the EU FECs).. there is a note that you can go back to stock FW by applying update via user defines SWDL.

View attachment 263228

Any thoughts on how to do this? I can see user defined update in the advanced options which I can check on but then not sure of the next step(s) - do I need to reinstall FW from the Red engineering menu by selecting user defined update and checking everything to Yes?
thanks
JL
hey did you figure this out?

Hi guys… proud new owner of a 2019 A7 with apple car play and virtual cockpit.

could someone please tell if the firmware updates allow car play navigation to work with the virtual cockpit?

apologies in advance if this has already been posted…

Mib software link

user guest
Pass guest
You have to update the maps via downloading them.
TMC pro still works.
I've installed 2023 maps. All perfect.
Ive also updated the radio database to show more radio station art and Gracenote for more album art cover
Can you provide instructions on how to update the radio DB/gracenote please?

If anyone has instructions on how to update the radio station logos and gracenote on my 2017 A4 I'd be grateful!

Are these maps to download somewhere? I've looked everywhere on forums, newsgroups and torrents but I can't seem to find maps for my MIB2 FL 2017 A3.
Hey!! I just wanted to check if this will also work on my TTS 2016. It still have the maps from 2015/2016. Don’t know which one it would be MIB1 or MIB2, still trying to figure that out.

So I have a 2016 car with 2016 maps, according to the site I can go up to 2019 without patched firmware, problem is, where do i get 2019 maps from ?

Your car should update via the MMi to the latest it'll allow using the fec code you have installed. Unless yours uses a disc

Ok guys, I got it figured. You will have to be prepared to "hack" your unit with custom firmware to run on your MIB unit. Well, it's not even that, it's firmware running from an SD-card and installing a bootloader into the unit enabling you to run custom scripts on your unit.

Next to the map update it also enables CarPlay, Google Auto and Video in Motion + unlocks lifetime maps (so you can just download maps and update the database of your current model). So yes, it's true that the MIB is "licensed" normally but this patch will make the unit think it has lifetime maps updates and will hapily accept any map update you feed it year after year :).

Download: https://mibsolution.one/?module=fileman&section=do&page=download&paths[]=/ROOT/1/18/M.I.B_3.1.6_20220120.7z

This will download a tool M.I.B. (More Incredible Bash). Get yourself an SD card and extract the content of the 7zip folder to your FAT32 formatted SD-card.
When done so put the SD-card in SD-slot 1 (important), do not put it in slot 2 but in slot 1!

Note: Start your car or make sure it's on power leads to charge battery while updating. If you stop or turn down the power in the middle of an update you'll brick your unit and render it useless.

This tutorial looks a bit sketchy and I was sceptical as first aswell but took the leap of faith in the amazing community it has behind this project and it's the best leap I've ever took :).

1. Open the REM (Red Engineering Menu) by holding the NAV + MEDIA buttons for aprox 10 seconds.
2. Hit 'update'
3. Hit 'standard'
4. Scroll down and hit 'Start update'.
- This will write a bootloader to your MIB2 unit, it does not interfere with your current Audi firmware. Just let is update as usual. The unit will reboot 3 times during the process.

View attachment 248863

5. When the car is started up again hold the buttons NAV + RADIO to open the GEM (Green Engineering Menu)
6. Hit "M.I.B"
7. Scroll down untill you see the option to create a backup. For the sake of backups please create one, there is a great community behind this tool that will help you get back on track if you systems crashed or is not functionalling well. But then they will need logs and a backup ofcourse.

View attachment 248864

View attachment 248865

Note again. DO NOT, I REPEAT. DO NOT STOP THE UPDATE UNTILL IS SAYS ITS FINISHED. You can scroll down to check up on it's status. Again, NEVER turn off the power during an update. This will brick the device and render it useless, this is not recoverable.

View attachment 248866
View attachment 248867
8. When done you can hit the back button to go back to the 'main menu'.
9. To activate CarPlay, Google Auto and Video in Motion hit the option 'patch_ifs_root_aio'
10. Hit the option 'Flash_patched_image |add FECs | CP/AA coding'
11. Let the update run, again do NOT turn anything off untill its completely done.
12. After the update the system will reboot and CarPlay will be active on your system.

View attachment 248868

13. This update also enables the FEC code for lifetime Map updates. Download the maps in the opening post of this topic and put it on your SD-card.
14. Now go through the normal update procedure through the main menu and your MIB unit will accept the new maps and you can enjoy new maps every year they come out.

Note: The GEM menu will be available untill Audi or you renew/update the firmware on the MIB unit.

Hope I can help you guys out with this, if you have any doubts or difficulties PM me I'm happy to help out.

I did the map update for a second time, on a second A3 8V FL, and everything went fine following this procedure.

According to this:
9. To activate CarPlay, Google Auto and Video in Motion hit the option 'patch_ifs_root_aio'

...so it means with this option Video in Motion should be activated but it is not? Anyone knows where is the problem?

My car does not support Car Play or AA so I don't know about that option.

Your car should update via the MMi to the latest it'll allow using the fec code you have installed. Unless yours uses a disc
Hi Booboo, I need to patch my FEC as the code is from 2020 and then install new maps. Can you please help me? I'm on MHIQ2_ER_AUG22_P4170 - MU 1117 - Current FEC is 02300024

Go here
read the info the download is near the bottom "V3.6"

Go here username and password are
press to go to m.i.b then download m.i.b patches. Unzip and find the one that matches yours.

The firmware that matches yours copy that in to the patches folder in the more incredible bash program. Put all this on to a memory card and put it in slot 1.
Access the green menu and select to go to M.I.B then select A.I.O. All in one patch.
Then go through the mib program and select to clear svm error. Go to the red menu again and look at your fec codes you should now have 23000ee.
Get you maps here

The green menu will be activated via the M.I.B.

Last edited:
Reactions: shatang
Today, I managed to update the maps on my Audi SQ5 2018 to the 2023/2024 version (P330). However, I had to combine several sources to understand the process and follow all the steps correctly. Some links were not working, or the guides were outdated (the new software versions had different button names, a different sequence, etc.). Therefore, I decided to write down the process here:

1. I downloaded the maps from this link: https://mib-helper.com/show.php?all=maps#details
If the link is not working, try searching on YouTube or forums; it was the easiest part and could be easily found.

2. I found out that I needed a tool called M.I.B. - More Incredible Bash. I had trouble downloading it, but eventually, I found the link on GitHub: https://github.com/Mr-MIBonk/M.I.B._More-Incredible-Bash/releases/tag/V3.6.0

At the time when I was dealing with it, the current version was V3.6.0 - QR Edition, and I found it for download under Assets, Source code. I was afraid it would only be the source code, but it turned out to be all the necessary files to copy the program itself to the SD card.

3. I found out that I needed to download the patch SPECIFICALLY for my car software version. I found all the patches at https://mib.mibsolution.one/, and at that time, it was the 20230412_M.I.B_Patches.7z file.
I extracted the archive and found a folder with my software version. I copied this entire folder to the 'patches' directory; the instructions didn't specify how it should be done. The correct procedure was to copy the whole folder directly, not just its contents. So in the 'patches' folder, there should be a folder like MHI2Q_ER_AUG22_P5092_MU1329_PATCH (this is my specific case; you'll need the folder corresponding to your software version!). If you only copy the contents of the folder to \mib\patches, it won't work and will show an error.

4. Everything else was straightforward - I followed the instructions from henkkeumus on the first page of this discussion and also watched the YouTube video

So after installing M.I.B., I made a backup, then instead of clicking on "patch_ifs_root_aio," I clicked on something similar (unfortunately, I didn't take a picture of it, but it was evident that it was the same thing, just named differently in the newer version of M.I.B.). The process took quite a while, and towards the end, I got a screen showing 'status: 0%' for a prolonged time. You have to be really patient; it probably took about 4 minutes and !SEEMED FROZEN!, but I waited, and everything was OK in the end. SO DON'T PANIC and WAIT!

5. When I finished this, I simply replaced the SD1 card with the one containing maps and performed the update - I did this while driving, and it took 35-40 minutes (oh, I remember the times when I had to wait 2.5 hours for the update of 3GH maps in my 2012 Audi - this is a great speed "upgrade" in the new Audis).

Hopefully, this will help someone. I struggled for several hours to put everything together and understand it, especially with the confusion about downloading the new M.I.B. version and correctly copying the entire folder to 'patches.'

Many thanks to the users henkkeumus and Dooahhdoo."

Please note that the links and information mentioned above might change over time, so it's always a good idea to double-check for the most up-to-date sources when performing similar updates.

I used and micro SD with adaptor for the firmware etc but I used a usb for the map update

Reactions: dantdi
Ok guys, I got it figured. You will have to be prepared to "hack" your unit with custom firmware to run on your MIB unit. Well, it's not even that, it's firmware running from an SD-card and installing a bootloader into the unit enabling you to run custom scripts on your unit.

Next to the map update it also enables CarPlay, Google Auto and Video in Motion + unlocks lifetime maps (so you can just download maps and update the database of your current model). So yes, it's true that the MIB is "licensed" normally but this patch will make the unit think it has lifetime maps updates and will hapily accept any map update you feed it year after year :).

Download: https://mibsolution.one/?module=fileman&section=do&page=download&paths[]=/ROOT/1/18/M.I.B_3.1.6_20220120.7z

This will download a tool M.I.B. (More Incredible Bash). Get yourself an SD card and extract the content of the 7zip folder to your FAT32 formatted SD-card.
When done so put the SD-card in SD-slot 1 (important), do not put it in slot 2 but in slot 1!

Note: Start your car or make sure it's on power leads to charge battery while updating. If you stop or turn down the power in the middle of an update you'll brick your unit and render it useless.

This tutorial looks a bit sketchy and I was sceptical as first aswell but took the leap of faith in the amazing community it has behind this project and it's the best leap I've ever took :).

1. Open the REM (Red Engineering Menu) by holding the NAV + MEDIA buttons for aprox 10 seconds.
2. Hit 'update'
3. Hit 'standard'
- This will write a bootloader to your MIB2 unit, it does not interfere with your current Audi firmware. Just let is update as usual. The unit will reboot 3 times during the process.

View attachment 248863

5. When the car is started up again hold the buttons NAV + RADIO to open the GEM (Green Engineering Menu)
6. Hit "M.I.B"
7. Scroll down untill you see the option to create a backup. For the sake of backups please create one, there is a great community behind this tool that will help you get back on track if you systems crashed or is not functionalling well. But then they will need logs and a backup ofcourse.

View attachment 248864

View attachment 248865

Note again. DO NOT, I REPEAT. DO NOT STOP THE UPDATE UNTILL IS SAYS ITS FINISHED. You can scroll down to check up on it's status. Again, NEVER turn off the power during an update. This will brick the device and render it useless, this is not recoverable.

View attachment 248866
View attachment 248867
11. Let the update run, again do NOT turn anything off untill its completely done.
12. After the update the system will reboot and CarPlay will be active on your system.

View attachment 248868

13. This update also enables the FEC code for lifetime Map updates. Download the maps in the opening post of this topic and put it on your SD-card.
14. Now go through the normal update procedure through the main menu and your MIB unit will accept the new maps and you can enjoy new maps every year they come out.

Note: The GEM menu will be available untill Audi or you renew/update the firmware on the MIB unit.

Hope I can help you guys out with this, if you have any doubts or difficulties PM me I'm happy to help out.
Henk,
Zou je me kunnen helpen met een audi s3 MHIG systeem om de maps vrij te schakelen
Henk,

can you help me with activating maps on a audi s3 mhig systeem?

Gr Richard
Holland

2. Hit 'update'
3. Hit 'standard'

View attachment 248863

6. Hit "M.I.B"

View attachment 248864

View attachment 248865

View attachment 248866
View attachment 248867

View attachment 248868

Hi Henk,
Is this procedure the same for my audi s3 with MHIG systeem?
And acces to the green menu with navi and radio button?
I still have old maps 2016 and want to update it.

thanks gr Richard

Has anyone had success in downloading maps using a Mac? I’m having problems and I’m wondering if it’s down to an issue with the Mac.

I should explain that my facelift car has the MHS2 system, so maps are around 12Gb, and are held on 32 Gb SD card, not stored internally. My system has the Congo activator patch, and works very happily with my old 2016 sd card and also with a later 22/23 card from a third party.

I downloaded the latest 2023 MHS2 map zip file from Mibsolution.one and unzipped it using Keka (since I’d read that the Mac unzip tool caused problems). This appeared to work ok. I then transferred the files from the unzipped folder on the Mac into the root directory of an empty sd card formatted as FAT. Again this seemed to go ok, and the file structure looked exactly the same as that on my old Audi card. When I tried it in the car however, after loading about 20% it came up with error “navigation data are invalid”

Any ideas welcome

TIA

Mike

Last edited:
Has anyone had success in downloading maps using a Mac? I’m having problems and I’m wondering if it’s down to an issue with the Mac.

I should explain that my facelift car has the MHS2 system, so maps are around 12Gb, and are held on 32 Gb SD card, not stored internally. My system has the Congo activator patch, and works very happily with my old 2016 sd card and also with a later 22/23 card from a third party.

I downloaded the latest 2023 MHS2 map zip file from Mibsolution.one and unzipped it using Keka (since I’d read that the Mac unzip tool caused problems). This appeared to work ok. I then transferred the files from the unzipped folder on the Mac into the root directory of an empty sd card formatted as FAT. Again this seemed to go ok, and the file structure looked exactly the same as that on my old Audi card. When I tried it in the car however, after loading about 20% it came up with error “navigation data are invalid”

Any ideas welcome

TIA

Mike
It's likely to be your Mac. Use a Windows machine if you can

It's likely to be your Mac. Use a Windows machine if you can
Thanks alpesh26. Nothing I’ve read is categoric about whether it will work with a Mac or not, but I’ll dig out my old windows laptop and go through it all again on that.

Reactions: alpesh26
Well, I went through the whole download/unzip/sd card process today using an old Windows laptop, and to my relief the new MHS2 2023 maps uploaded to my MMI successfully.

So as suggested by @alpesh26 the problem was definitely caused by the Mac. Strange because the files looked exactly the same, so I can only guess that the Mac was adding something hidden which screwed things up.

Anyway, I post this as a warning to anyone else trying to do an update using a Mac.

Reactions: alpesh26
Well, I went through the whole download/unzip/sd card process today using an old Windows laptop, and to my relief the new MHS2 2023 maps uploaded to my MMI successfully.

So as suggested by @alpesh26 the problem was definitely caused by the Mac. Strange because the files looked exactly the same, so I can only guess that the Mac was adding something hidden which screwed things up.

Anyway, I post this as a warning to anyone else trying to do an update using a Mac.
Macs add some hidden files in the folder structure, for most applications it doesn't make any difference, but the Audi system probably wasn't expecting them and didn't like it

Reactions: Mikeso51
Can anyone tell if my 2019 A3 (MHI2_ER_AU37x_P5089) can activate Audi connect to be able to use the features of open/close door via App and send destination from phone to MMI?

At the moment, Audi Connect displays "the service is unavailable" and "the data connection is restricted". "Activate data connection" is "unavailable" as well.

But the (external) SIM works with Google Map and Online Search, Live Traffic info without problems. (It doesn't come with internal SIM.)

I've tried many times with enabling/disabling Data Connection and rebooting MMI without success.

BTW, I'm in Australia.

Can anyone tell if my 2019 A3 (MHI2_ER_AU37x_P5089) can activate Audi connect to be able to use the features of open/close door via App and send destination from phone to MMI?

At the moment, Audi Connect displays "the service is unavailable" and "the data connection is restricted". "Activate data connection" is "unavailable" as well.

But the (external) SIM works with Google Map and Online Search, Live Traffic info without problems. (It doesn't come with internal SIM.)

I've tried many times with enabling/disabling Data Connection and rebooting MMI without success.

BTW, I'm in Australia.
The 8V does not support remote functions. Connect is pretty much only live traffic, satellite view and send nav destination.

The 8V does not support remote functions. Connect is pretty much only live traffic, satellite view and send nav destination.
Thanks for letting me know. the "service is unavailable" and "data connection is restricted" messages are driving me crazy. At the moment, myaudi app doesn't show and info about the car (apart from the model and VIN number) and can do nothing. Do you know why and how I can get around it?