Extended Interior Light Package

thomaslewis

Reaction score
Having looked at all the other new Audi’s with the same package that the footwell lights match the colours set everywhere else in the vehicle. But in the A3 they just stay white all the time?

Any idea if I were to buy the RGB genuine version of the footwell light from the A4 or Q5 for example if they would then have this functionality?

Quite confused as to why they wouldn’t just add this

I would not worry too much about it. The white lighting in the footwells is fairly dim so does not stand out against the colour of the ambient lighting. You can also turn off the footwell lighting in the MMI if preferred.

Having looked at all the other new Audi’s with the same package that the footwell lights match the colours set everywhere else in the vehicle. But in the A3 they just stay white all the time?

Any idea if I were to buy the RGB genuine version of the footwell light from the A4 or Q5 for example if they would then have this functionality?

Quite confused as to why they wouldn’t just add this
From memory we did something similar on an A4 which had standard footwell lights and we needed to add in additional wiring to support RGB footwell lights. It could be the same for the A3 - easy check as the non RGB light housings use 2 pin connectors where as RGB light housings use a 4 pin connector.

From memory we did something similar on an A4 which had standard footwell lights and we needed to add in additional wiring to support RGB footwell lights. It could be the same for the A3 - easy check as the non RGB light housings use 2 pin connectors where as RGB light housings use a 4 pin connector.
having just checked the connectors the footwell lights are indeed 2 pin connectors. I’m assuming to change the 2 front and 2 back to 4 pin would involve a lot of tedious work i.e. removing the seats carpet lining etc. How much would something like this cost?

The OEM lights are pretty dim to be honest, are the replacement lights you offer an aftermarket light or just a brighter version that Audi offers?

How much would a set of 4 of these cost?

having just checked the connectors the footwell lights are indeed 2 pin connectors. I’m assuming to change the 2 front and 2 back to 4 pin would involve a lot of tedious work i.e. removing the seats carpet lining etc. How much would something like this cost?

The OEM lights are pretty dim to be honest, are the replacement lights you offer an aftermarket light or just a brighter version that Audi offers?

How much would a set of 4 of these cost?
Fitting RGB light housings would require about 4-5 hrs to carry out at a guess, the additional wiring would need to be routed into the control unit but also needs to be done in such. way that the control unit knows that these additional lights are on the network.

We stock replacement LED panels which are a direct replacement for the standard LED panel which are in the current light housings - they are £10 a pair plus postage and come in red, blue or white.

A3A5058B 75D2 4163 BF6F 143D0C13E315