Invisible button in front interior light

HulkRS3

Kyalami RS3 Saloon
Reaction score
This is actually on my RS3 - but it is the same unit so I thought I'd post here as chances are someones had it off on their A3/S3 also. Doing a project so had the interior light out and it seems there is a small blue button next to the SOS/Emergency button in the interior light unit at the front. Does anyone know what this does? Don't want to press it incase it does something terminal with it being close to the SOS button.

This is actually on my RS3 - but it is the same unit so I thought I'd post here as chances are someones had it off on their A3/S3 also. Doing a project so had the interior light out and it seems there is a small blue button next to the SOS/Emergency button in the interior light unit at the front. Does anyone know what this does? Don't want to press it incase it does something terminal with it being close to the SOS button.

View attachment 251457
A reset of some sort ?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

That looks like a reset button. Is there a small hole in the covering panel that would allow it to be pressed with a thin rod.

Perhaps for the SOS system, bearing in mind its proximity to the SOS button?
Yes a very small hole. Not a good idea to press it then lol

Like in mission impossible, 'this panel will now self destruct in T minus 30 secs' if pressed.

Give it a press. If it is like everything else on these cars it will not work!

• Haha
Reactions: Ludus and SamR92