Test Drive Dealer Experience

Don't be too hasty mate.......:whistle2:

Tesla starting to get some pretty bad press especially in the States.

Lol no brand is without its horror stories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: pburv, Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06

Does Tesla suffer from crumpled vegan leather-ette ? :tearsofjoy:

• Haha
Reactions: Jassyo06 and pburv

Your absolutely SPOT on there, Audi R8 up to about 2010, they crack the chassis just above the front suspension unit, the fix is a bracket welded over the original bracket, this bracket can be bought from Audi, but they deny there is any problem at all, this is a massive fix, the whole interior out, dashboard, carpet. sound
deadening etc,

Crack
the lot
Image 3

• Wow
Reactions: pburv and 3vans
Your absolutely SPOT on there, Audi R8 up to about 2010, they crack the chassis just above the front suspension unit, the fix is a bracket welded over the original bracket, this bracket can be bought from Audi, but they deny there is any problem at all, this is a massive fix, the whole interior out, dashboard, carpet. sound
deadening etc,

View attachment 249215 the lotView attachment 249216
I follow a few car rebuild channels on YT and there are a few R8 builds that have similar issues. Most just get them re welded. Either way really bad form for such an expensive car.

Reactions: 8YARWY, Terminator x and Mike.46
I follow a few car rebuild channels on YT and there are a few R8 builds that have similar issues. Most just get them re welded. Either way really bad form for such an expensive car.
Audi fitted/welded an extra plate that covers where the crack starts from about 2010 onwards, it's also quite hard to get to when veiwing a car to buy, Audi totally deny there is any problem with the early cars, I followed a few threads on the R8 forums of people taking Audi to court, mainly in the USA

Reactions: 8YARWY and pburv
You mean in same way Audi ‘premium’ leather doesn’t wrinkle

Quite hard to find a used R8 without the added wrinkle option box being ticked

R8 Seat bolster wear

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and 8YARWY
deadening etc,

View attachment 249215 the lotView attachment 249216
Jeeeez thats bad......

Reactions: Mike.46
I managed to get a second test drive over the weekend. What a machine!! The original test drive I only had it in comfort and dynamic and coming out of town its sedate, nothing too fussy but went for RS Performance mode this time on a twisty undulating road, OMG its quick and responsive!! I know the interior is not to everyone’s taste but its a blank canvas to add your own personal touch but the drive is just superb. Even on the way back to the dealership in sedate mode its so quick to ‘nip’ past slower cars.

Can’t wait now for mine to arrive, but still no build week confirmed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Daggerit, RS03???, kayemill and 2 others