What have you done to your 8Y today?

Have you changed both batteries - I had to as only way the message would go away

Also I waited about 30 minutes or so before going back out to the car to make sure it had fully shut down and made sure I started the car with each key on it's own - Bit of a faff but it did work in the end
Have changed both, but haven't entered the car with the 2nd free battery one yet. Will do that later today.

Reactions: andrew kay
Have you changed both batteries - I had to as only way the message would go away

Also I waited about 30 minutes or so before going back out to the car to make sure it had fully shut down and made sure I started the car with each key on it's own - Bit of a faff but it did work in the end
Yes you are right, it went away.

Eg...Fob 1 was used for last 9+months, 2 weeks ago showed low battery (car said). Brought Fob 2 to use, entered car, also said low battery. Changed the battery in Fob 2, entered a day later, still said low battery. Now went back to Fob 1 with a new battery, and message went away.

I wonder if that's the case, would my original Fob 2 battery actually not be low? Hopefully now Fob 2 with new battery should not ping anything else.

Both batteries used were Energizer, from the same 'blister pack.'

Reactions: Sparks43
Collected my new to me A3 after a stage 1 polish and cercmic coating applied

Attachments

• Detailing 1.jpg
    Detailing 1.jpg
    484.7 KB · Views: 120
  • Detailing 2.jpg
    Detailing 2.jpg
    439.7 KB · Views: 116
  • Detailing 3.jpg
    Detailing 3.jpg
    450.4 KB · Views: 108
  • Detailing 4.jpg
    Detailing 4.jpg
    467.7 KB · Views: 113
  • Detailing A.jpg
    Detailing A.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 133
Reactions: engies
Waiting.
This is not exactly what this thread is for, but I wanted to share this. The car's been at the dealer for a week now, and it's going to be for another week at least. I got rear ended and the car went in for repairing. That took only two days which surprised me. But when I went to get the car back it flashed the airbag warning light, so I immediately returned it. It had done it once earlier, they examined it back then and said some sensor had given one single reading off the limits. Now they tried several days to make it pop out again. In the end the driver's seat is now torn to pieces and they are waiting for a new seat airbag from Germany, and apparently that's taking a while. I just hope the seat will be like new after they've built it back together.

Anyone had their car (with C&S pack) reverse camera just not work (and shows a blank?). Maybe due ot the cold?
Went out at 7pm, arrived at venue, reverse camera worked. Came home at 10pm, arrive at my place, engaged reverse, showed a blank. So it was old school reversing for me using mirrors and proximity sensors only. The car was outside in the cold for a good 3 plus hrs, before returning to underground carpark later (several degree warmer there)

Anyone had their car (with C&S pack) reverse camera just not work (and shows a blank?). Maybe due ot the cold?

Went out at 7pm, arrived at venue, reverse camera worked. Came home at 10pm, arrive at my place, engaged reverse, showed a blank. So it was old school reversing for me using mirrors and proximity sensors only. The car was outside in the cold for a good 3 plus hrs, before returning to underground carpark later (several degree

Nope, but had it happen on a2019 Polo.GTI. It was a software fix rather than hardware failure. Just to be clear the infotainment screen was black for all conditions, not just parking.

Also, on our 2021 Cupra Born, the screen informed us that the camera was unavailable, that was a hardware fault and required replacement. Seems a common VAG failure. I rely on the bleeps and graphical bars for judging fistsnce rather than the camera view,so wasn't a big loss until we fixed it.

Wanted to ask, how is the Cupra born? Is it the 58 V2? Might be my next car. Can get at least 200 mile range general driving?

Well my 'blank' reversing camera quirk was a one off, used the car again yesterday and it was back, then I had another issue, it no longer would read my USB drive (for music) even on the menu it was 'greyed out.' Unplugging it, restarting the system, did not solve. So I just continued my journey as normal with radio, which was fine. Return leg after parked up for 20 mins, it worked again! Maybe it doesn't like the cold!

Wanted to ask, how is the Cupra born? Is it the 58 V2? Might be my next car. Can get at least 200 mile range general driving?
58v2 e-boost (231ps, not 204ps). If you were to run it full to empty you'd get 200 miles in the Summer (in reality, most charge to 80% and drain to 20% between charges as per long term VAG battery health recommendations).

Down side is big drop in range for Winter.

In Summer, sat on motorway at 73mph with aircon, the car will average 4.0 miles per kWh. In Winter, with some cabin heat, it's more like 2.9 miles per kWh. On really short Winter journeys, it can be more like 2 miles per kWh. That cabin and battery heating in Winter really takes its toll.

BEV residual values are crazy low right now, most current BEV values at 2 or 2.5 years old are around PCP GFVs or even a little less. I suspect many will simply be given back at end of term. With value retention like that, buying a 2 year old one for barely more than half RRP is probably the best way to buy these.

Today I managed to retrofit the rear view camera. It was quite difficult to program it as my a3 lacks the rear parking sensors but it worked eventually

Attachments

• IMG_9650.jpeg
    IMG_9650.jpeg
    283.7 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_9680.jpeg
    IMG_9680.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 56
Reactions: nutter2
58v2 e-boost (231ps, not 204ps). If you were to run it full to empty you'd get 200 miles in the Summer (in reality, most charge to 80% and drain to 20% between charges as per long term VAG battery health recommendations).

Down side is big drop in range for Winter.

In Summer, sat on motorway at 73mph with aircon, the car will average 4.0 miles per kWh. In Winter, with some cabin heat, it's more like 2.9 miles per kWh. On really short Winter journeys, it can be more like 2 miles per kWh. That cabin and battery heating in Winter really takes its toll.

BEV residual values are crazy low right now, most current BEV values at 2 or 2.5 years old are around PCP GFVs or even a little less. I suspect many will simply be given back at end of term. With value retention like that, buying a 2 year old one for barely more than half RRP is probably the best way to buy these.

Just bought a V1 for the other half, trouble is I’m driving it more because I sold the RS3 fantastic car though.

Drove up to Northumberland on Friday in it with no drama.

Sent from under the bridge…..

Car arrives tomorrow but I'm busy stockpiling goodies already.
Bought the S3 Puddle lights (as seen on here) as well as the dashboard storage mod, just about to get some Automotive Passion Carbon archguards and still eyeing up the Sportback Carbon spoiler - but not the Audi one!

Reactions: marshalld
I collected my car today after having a ceramic protective coating applied yesterday. I never bothered on previous cars since they were so old, but this is a new car and new to me. I wanted to get this done ASAP while it was still immaculate. Still only less than 400km on the clock just now. I'm pleased and think it looks good in the Manhatten Grey.

IMG 6103 v2

IMG 6104 v2

IMG 6105 v2

Reactions: MA3RC, JKP, MrGizmo and 5 others
Looks great! Should have had the ceramic coating for my car too, only had it waxed by the shop.

Reactions: Simon50s
Is it so? Guess I have to ask for an estimate of cost and work, it's going to need quite extensive polishing at first. I'm not sure how long I keep the car, could be years more but a lot depends on how the Golf facelift turns out in real.

Is it so? Guess I have to ask for an estimate of cost and work, it's going to need quite extensive polishing at first. I'm not sure how long I keep the car, could be years more but a lot depends on how the Golf facelift turns out in real.

You I get that. I did a 3 years ceramic coating on mines and the times has 5 years.

Easy to clean…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Simon50s
Finally got my hands on wind deflectors/rain guards. WeatherTech hasn’t made them nor any US company for the Audi 8YBut found a company in Poland, e-heko.com and was lucky enough to find a vendor from Florida on eBay that sold them.
6742780e93ca53e8671bfa501635bc52.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Saral
Got a call from, Audi that my brake fluid change is due. Car is now 32 months old. Believe it's due at three yrs. Assuming it's not covered in the service plan?

Got a call from, Audi that my brake fluid change is due. Car is now 32 months old. Believe it's due at three yrs. Assuming it's not covered in the service plan?
Brake fluid change is now after two years and then every two years. It used to be after three and then every two.

I believe the service plans only cover the basic oil change and inspection services, none of the additional extra service items, sadly.

Brake fluid change is now after two years and then every two years. It used to be after three and then every two.

I believe the service plans only cover the basic oil change and inspection services, none of the additional extra service items, sadly.
Thanks, Audi must be a confused bunch, I had it serviced @ 2 years old, nobody mentioned about brake fluid change, then magically in the middle of 2 and 3 yrs old, I get a call. Ok, need to check on my lease if i HAVE TO used the main dealer or an independent VAG can do.

Washed my car today for the first time since I collected it about 4 weeks ago. Looks good but afterwards I noticed what seems to be my first small stone chips :culpability:- see my other post about that under mudflaps. Used the two bucket method with washing mit and my own ph neutral shampoo.

IMG 6232

Reactions: blankitha4303