Replacement keys

shahaf2911

Reaction score
Well my corgi puppy really set me up this time, just ate my keys to a point where they aren’t working at all, I have 1 spare key but I’ll need another one, I know if I’ll go to Audi it’s gonna cost me around 750$ but probably more, can you buy the key from somewhere and code it to the car ? Or only dealers are able to do it ?
Great way to start off a morning

Attachments

• 6E81919C-08B3-4F77-BE62-095A07567582.jpeg
    6E81919C-08B3-4F77-BE62-095A07567582.jpeg
    678.1 KB · Views: 115
  • Wow
Reactions: kayemill and Terminator x
Lol did a good job there, check your insurance for key cover, as most do cover that & just say you lost your keys, they will pay for a replacement, if you'dont have key cover, add it then call next month.

Have you checked the innards - perhaps the outer casing is just ruined but if the inner working still operate perhaps you just need to replace that part?

Lol did a good job there, check your insurance for key cover, as most do cover that & just say you lost your keys, they will pay for a replacement, if you'dont have key cover, add it then call next month
Unfortunately they don’t cover those things at all over here so not even an option :(
Have you checked the innards - perhaps the outer casing is just ruined but if the inner working still operate perhaps you just need to replace that part?
It’s completely ruined, first thing I did is to check if I can open the car because I need to go to work but I wasn’t surprised it didn’t work ‍♂️
wait for a quote from Audi but if anyone knows a different way it would help!

Well my corgi puppy really set me up this time, just ate my keys to a point where they aren’t working at all, I have 1 spare key but I’ll need another one, I know if I’ll go to Audi it’s gonna cost me around 750$ but probably more, can you buy the key from somewhere and code it to the car ? Or only dealers are able to do it ?
Great way to start off a morning
The replacement key will have to be supplied by Audi as its quite new. From what I've been told is that, to program it to the car, they will need to erase all keys data and re-add all. I did enquire about getting the key from an independent, unfortunately they still have to order the key from Audi with the VIN and registration details, proof of ownership and address before Audi will accept the order, here in UK. The independent then will need to come to your car, or you need to take it to them, wait for the re-programming and so on, with their own mark-up on cost.
Best, to deal with the Audi Dealer, then no come back. For me it was around £440 total for an additional key.

The replacement key will have to be supplied by Audi as its quite new. From what I've been told is that, to program it to the car, they will need to erase all keys data and re-add all. I did enquire about getting the key from an independent, unfortunately they still have to order the key from Audi with the VIN and registration details, proof of ownership and address before Audi will accept the order, here in UK. The independent then will need to come to your car, or you need to take it to them, wait for the re-programming and so on, with their own mark-up on cost.
Best, to deal with the Audi Dealer, then no come back. For me it was around £440 total for an additional key.
Yeah that’s what I ended up doing I ordered the key but for me it was quite more expensive (~930£, plenty of taxes and that’s without the metal key part..) as I figured there’s nothing I could do :(

• Wow
Reactions: RS03???