New Tyres Recommendations

I've had a couple of 'negative' experiences with PS4, my V8 R8 was originally on P Zero and I swappped to PS4, they spoilt the car big time, the way the car would turn on the P Zero was staggering and if you didnt warn the passenger you could quite easily pull his neck, not so on the Michelin, they just felt slow and squishy.
Yep had the same with the Alfa Giulia QF tbh but then they do come with a somewhat hardcore oem P Zero Corsa tyre so can't really compare.
I swapped my Golf R onto PS4 as well, wasnt overly impressed that time either, funny how a tyre becomes the automatic 'go to' after a few you tube journo's start rattling on about them, much the same as them always slating Audi for understeer, almost as if they scared not to mention it
Agreed!:)
That’s interesting, I certainly didn’t have the same experience when I switched to PS4S tyres. I found the turn in was much faster and there was no issue as speed so maybe there’s something else going on with your car in terms of the wheel alignment needing looked at or something?
Turn in isn't exactly slower it's just that the steering weight is lot lighter and woollier for want of a better word. Like it's moving around more on the tread because they're softer.
I did think that with the alignment and going to get it checked anyway but it wasn't like it on the original tyres which tells me it's probably all ok.

Reactions: Daggerit and Mike.46
I think it's down to the Michelins soft sidewalls, yes they grip ok but that aggresive turning (like when you see a pot hole 6 feet in front of you) just isnt there, maybe it's more noticeable on cars with, lets say 'Super cars/Hyper cars' or however you want to refer to them with harder rubber suspension mountings (or rose jointing)

We do need to be carefull though trying to compare the worn out tyres we have just had replaced with a brand new set, even just changing my nearly worn out set for a new set of identical tyres made the car feel totally different and all positive/better :)

Reactions: 8YARWY
Tyres like Brakes is always a hot topic

What suits one never suits another because we all have different perceptions and usage of the car.

It’s amazing how many owners are quick to buy something without really doing much research into it.

I’ll never ask about these sorts of things because it’s a personal preference thing and if I don’t like whatever I’ve fitted it’ll be straight off.
The 8V cost me a fortune in brake pads to eventually arrive at a set I was happy with using the Reyland discs (yes another divisive topic)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: DW81 and Mike.46
Probably to save a few bob.

I bought a jack off ebay, i'm sure I worked out that a VW one is the same p/n.

It's ok having these tyre sealants but I also carry a tyre plugging/repair kit for that puncture that wont take the tyre sealant and to use the kit (more so on the rear) it would be handy to either have the car lifted or the wheel tyre assembly off the car

I bought a jack off ebay, i'm sure I worked out that a VW one is the same p/n.

It's ok having these tyre sealants but I also carry a tyre plugging/repair kit for that puncture that wont take the tyre sealant and to use the kit (more so on the rear) it would be handy to either have the car lifted or the wheel tyre assembly off the car

I binned the Audi sealant as its silicone based, so renders a repair impossible.
Best to go buy the Holts water based one instead.

Reactions: Mike.46 and flybynite
Best to go buy the Holts water based one instead.
I had the same thought but having tried the stuff twice (500ml LOYHT4YA) wasn't that impressed and had to do something else both times. It was a few years ago but I don't think it has changed.

Have you had any luck using it?

I had the same thought but having tried the stuff twice (500ml LOYHT4YA) wasn't that impressed and had to do something else both times. It was a few years ago but I don't think it has changed.

Have you had any luck using it?

Never needed to use it yet lol.

Never needed to use it yet lol.

There was some tyre sealant called 'Bike seal' (also did car stuff as well) I saw it being demo'd at a Motorcycle show, he was drilling holes, screwing big self tapping screws in a car tyre the spinning the wheel which sealed every time.

I bought some as my old Kawasaki uses inner tubes and wheels without safety beads and installed it BEFORE I got the puncture

I came to renew the rear tyre and the inner tube was stuck to the inside of the tyre, on closer inspection there was a large screw in the tyre and through into the tube, the tyre had never lost any pressure.

I bought another bottle then ordered a car bottle which never arrived and I had to recover the money through Paypal, his web site still says 'technical difficulties' some 9 months later, shame really, it seemed a good product

Tyres fitted today, they are Hankook S1 Evo3's.

See how long these last compared to the Bridgestones.

Reactions: Neo17
Tyres fitted today, they are Hankook S1 Evo3's.

See how long these last compared to the Bridgestones.

I have those Hankook Evo 3s on my S3, I`ve been pleasantly surprised by them.

Having had various tyres on various cars including hyped up Michelin PS4, PS4s, PS5, Cross Climates, various terrible offerings from Pirelli and those awful Bridgestones, the Hankooks remind me of Goodyear F1s.

Reactions: doncarlyon
Does anyone have a link to the correct wheel nut covers?

Noticed I have 2 missing on the driver front wheel. Garage reckon they were already missing.

Does anyone have a link to the correct wheel nut covers?

Noticed I have 2 missing on the driver front wheel. Garage reckon they were already missing.
Just order from Audi?

One of mine flew out whilst I was using the pressure washer, seemed a loose fit but it's still there

Just order from Audi?

One of mine flew out whilst I was using the pressure washer, seemed a loose fit but it's still there
I also use tiny spec of blue-tac to keep them on. The caps fly off even without washing.

Would like some help from those that switched from the Bridgestone potenzas to either the ps4s or continental sport contact 7s. Are the sidewalls of those less square than the bridgstones? I'm getting slight scrubbing on the rear with 10mm spacers when doing tight turns, especially when there's passengers in the back. I don't want to go the pzero route even though I know those won't have issues since the sidewall is more angled. Any help appreciated.