Changing Vorsprung to Carbon, questions...

cooperp

Reaction score
Hi all,
Would appreciate some input here please.
Went to see a new RS sportback today at Watford Audi, first one I've seen close up and very impressed.
It was Red carbon edition and i have to say the red is very nice.
And the carbon spoler is a lot less boy racer than I expected,. One of the reasons I ordered the Vorsprung (Daytona SB in Aug 21 !) was because of the spolier but now I'm having reservations, it actually looks rather good.
Carbon gives you no silly steering wheel, no silly driver aids, and no silly wheel transfers.
Seriously considering changing my order especially now I have absolutely no build week whatsoever.
Question, would my dealer let me change my order, and keep the same price for the Aug 21 carbon model??
Surely with no BW I should be able to change with no penalties?
And, I should hopefully get it quicker than the Vorsprung...

Two points I think which others will agree on.

1) You won't be able to change anything on your order and keep the original price. I think that is incentive enough to stick with the original order
2) I think Vorsprung will be more desirable as it will be the fully loaded option.

Maybe others can comment, but it is probably worth sticking with the Vorsprung order and when it arrives sell it and trade in for the Carbon., if you still want it.

Anyone think that makes sense?

Reactions: RS03???, Mr Freeze, itsbigyellow and 1 other person
Hi all,
Would appreciate some input here please.
Went to see a new RS sportback today at Watford Audi, first one I've seen close up and very impressed.
It was Red carbon edition and i have to say the red is very nice.
And the carbon spoler is a lot less boy racer than I expected,. One of the reasons I ordered the Vorsprung (Daytona SB in Aug 21 !) was because of the spolier but now I'm having reservations, it actually looks rather good.
Carbon gives you no silly steering wheel, no silly driver aids, and no silly wheel transfers.
Seriously considering changing my order especially now I have absolutely no build week whatsoever.
Question, would my dealer let me change my order, and keep the same price for the Aug 21 carbon model??
Surely with no BW I should be able to change with no penalties?
And, I should hopefully get it quicker than the Vorsprung...
Any price point that you entered at when placing your deposit will be lost and you will be subject to the latest price. I know because I asked my dealer about the exact same change as you're considering now.

As for the no build week, there's supposed to be some sort of order to their production of cars based on your order date and spec. I won't pretend to know what order that is but if you change your order, you'll go to the back of the list. I left well alone on that after being told these little nuggets of information.

Reactions: RS03??? and Jassyo06
Thanks all.
I had a feeling you'd say that.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Anyone on here had to have their Vorsprung allows touched up?
Just curious about how those transfers can be fixed when kerbed.

2 reasons l chose a Vorsprung =Sunroof and also to avoid them satin finished alloys

That's interesting, the alloys are the bit a dislike the most. They look ok, but they are impossible to clean because they have a sort of a textured finish that holds on to dirt and residue like nothing else. It's actually at the point where I might get them refinished.

That's interesting, the alloys are the bit a dislike the most. They look ok, but they are impossible to clean because they have a sort of a textured finish that holds on to dirt and residue like nothing else. It's actually at the point where I might get them refinished.
When I ever get my Vorsprung I'll probably go satin black all round.

Most alloys to keep them relatively clean between washes require a ceramic coating especially black alloys

Reactions: 8YARWY