Akrapovic vs others

Luca79

Reaction score
Looking for a nice exhaust, considering Akrapovic but also BTM and Capristo.
Does titanium sound different than steel? Anyone cares to describe the difference?
Thank you!

Not sure there's any point:

I think the only one that people have said makes much of a difference I've heard of is the Miltek race system. But for me if I was ever able to get rid of the OPFs then that system would be too loud overall (I have neighbors...), so I think I'll be holding out until I can get the filters out and mapped so I don't get any errors and see how that sounds on the stock exhaust before making it any louder.

Reactions: karlosqf
I think the only one that people have said makes much of a difference I've heard of is the Miltek race system. But for me if I was ever able to get rid of the OPFs then that system would be too loud overall (I have neighbors...), so I think I'll be holding out until I can get the filters out and mapped so I don't get any errors and see how that sounds on the stock exhaust before making it any louder.

I suspect simply removing the filters wold make the stock exhaust sound perfectly fine. When my wife drove off the other day I was surprised how nice the exhaust sounded.

Reactions: Daggerit
I suspect simply removing the filters wold make the stock exhaust sound perfectly fine. When my wife drove off the other day I was surprised how nice the exhaust sounded.
Exactly that. With a sports cat rather than a decat I imagine it'll be the sweet spot for me.

Exactly that. With a sports cat rather than a decat I imagine it'll be the sweet spot for me.
Exactly this. Sports cat. Decat will be overly loud.
You guys think we will ever be able to map these cars? The g80 m3 been out a while and still cannot map without sending ecu away if im correct?
So mapping the opf out is a long way away?

Yes I saw that video, but this next one changes perspective, owner seems very very happy

If that’s an OPF car then yes, it does

To be fair, revving out of gear compared to revving in gear is very different on a stick car.

£5k is taken the biscuit though isn’t it!?

Exactly this. Sports cat. Decat will be overly loud.
You guys think we will ever be able to map these cars? The g80 m3 been out a while and still cannot map without sending ecu away if im correct?
So mapping the opf out is a long way away?
Really don't know about the mapping but I'd like to think that it'll get there eventually. Does the G80 use the same Bosch ECU as the 8Y? If so then I assume that the work is well underway trying to crack it, hopefully with some success relatively soon.

Really don't know about the mapping but I'd like to think that it'll get there eventually. Does the G80 use the same Bosch ECU as the 8Y? If so then I assume that the work is well underway trying to crack it, hopefully with some success relatively soon.
Worth waiting then? Im considering the infinit opf delete package but with sports cat rather than decat. Only thing puttin mr off is the 2k outlay and then imagine end of year ecu is cracked etc then probz 2k agen for a map.

Looking for a nice exhaust, considering Akrapovic but also BTM and Capristo.
Does titanium sound different than steel? Anyone cares to describe the difference?
Thank you!
I put an Akrapovic on my bike. It sounds awesome. No sure what they're like on cars, but if they're anything like the bike exhaust, it's worth the money.

Titanium is more rigid than steel, so you'll get more high end notes, at the cost of the base. Think F1 racer vs a monster truck.

Worth waiting then? Im considering the infinit opf delete package but with sports cat rather than decat. Only thing puttin mr off is the 2k outlay and then imagine end of year ecu is cracked etc then probz 2k agen for a map.

Impossible to answer I’d say, just because it could be cracked tomorrow or two years from now… I’ve heard of the Infinit stuff but also heard mixed reviews so have held off so far. I’m sure plenty have been alright with it, you might be worth asking on the RS3 8Y Facebook page to see if you can get some better firsthand experiences?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put an Akrapovic on my bike. It sounds awesome. No sure what they're like on cars, but if they're anything like the bike exhaust, it's worth the money.

Titanium is more rigid than steel, so you'll get more high end notes, at the cost of the base. Think F1 racer vs a monster truck.

Agreed, they usually help bikes a lot. But bikes also don’t have turbos and an OPF in the system, I imagine an end can would make much less difference if so. I think at this point it’s down to personal preference and how much you’re willing to spend to be honest.

If it was my money, I’d probably go with a Miltek race system for maximum sound improvement. If I was going for some sound improvement, looks and pub trumps then it would be the Akrapovic all day long.

Luke 79 already knows my opinion . I have never heard an akrapovic exhaust live but I have heard a Miltek sport . I have installed BTM turbo and I can say for my personal taste I prefer it over Miltek sport . BTM has a much lower and deeper tone .

Luke 79 already knows my opinion . I have never heard an akrapovic exhaust live but I have heard a Miltek sport . I have installed BTM turbo and I can say for my personal taste I prefer it over Miltek sport . BTM has a much lower and deeper tone .

Good feedback. Not a system I’ve heard so it’s nice to get different experiences!