CAN high/low - PDC 8P S3

okeycokey

Reaction score
Afternoon all! Ok, so I know I am doing this probably 10 years after most people did this... But I'm doing the rear PDC retro-fit on a S3 2010 - 8P I've just bought (as a bit of fun.)

Having trawled through dozens of threads on various forums about PDC retro-fit (and found most of the embedded pictures and links now being dead due to the age of the posts), I've found lots of helpful info on the install itself, BUT I have hit a bit of a brick wall on the CAN High Low wiring, i.e. specifically where I can take these from. There's been mention of them in the other posts, but they fail short of actually showing where and specifically the wires to use...

I am just wanting to know which CAN High and Low wires I can piggy-back from for the rear PDC. I have the kufatec loom ( 34479-1), which assumes I'll be taking them from somewhere at the front of the car, but I can open the loom cable and connect at the rear of the car if it's simpler.

I'm no expert in car wiring and definitely know nothing about CAN! So I'm really looking for an idiots guide to the specific location, pin numbers, wire colours and ideally a photo (yep properly lazy I know!) to save me from having to download wiring schematics and learn and understand CAN gateways...! :witless:

Many thanks in advance!

Which sensors are you fitting as in size & which module, pics of both needed as they changed bus on the mid 08 onwards to drivetrain & that's upfront whereas older was conv bus which you could piggy of the conv module in the rear right quarter.

Thank you, I really appreciate the quick reply:icon thumright: I've not ordered the sensors yet actually, I just assumed they were the same regardless, so if there's a specific version I need that would be helpful to know. Here's the pics... The PDC module I bought is: 8P00919475G, Sensor Harness: 8P0971085A and the Kufatec 34479-1-1.

I retro-fitted a RNS-E (originally I had the Symphony 2+) but it's the 192 not 193 (i.e. it has CD/TV and not Media), so I accept I can't get any visual parking on the RNS-E... which I'm ok with.

CentralHarness

PDC

SensorHarness

8P0919475M is best for rears on facelift sensors, you won't get OPS on rears only anyway, it's front & rears & that's another module that supports 8 way, M is 4 way rears only.

I'll try to check G compatibility aswell, can't recall if it's prefacelift or facelift tbh.

Reactions: bronco
Awesome thank you! I bought the G before properly researching, then found out the M seemed to be the more appropriate option, but hopefully the G is compatible still... really appreciate the help.

Ok so I think I might have worked this out myself, but want to double check with a wiring diagram. Can anyone share a diagram of the 20 pin CAN gateway please? Many thanks

so for anyone who gets stuck on the same issue in future, the answer is: Pins 6 and 16 or you can go with 5 and 15.