B7 general discussion/chat thread.

nothing in my letter box as yet, not that it really matter now as mine booked in.

Reactions: northpole
Found my OBD 11 dongle today but it’s not working :sob: get this same message on the Golf and the A4…

IMG 6245

I’ve tried multiple times resetting my phone. Reconnecting the dongle, with ignition on only and with engine running. Software and app are up to date. Also have 80 days left on my plan. It’s reading the cars and connecting, just doesn’t want to scan.

Reactions: northpole
As the sun was out today and my recuperation seems to be going well I decided to take the old bus out for a nice drive, not miles but a nice 30-minute blast to clean out the cobwebs for the old bus and me..lol
Other than a 2-mile sedate and careful drive to the Mot last week, it seems like forever since I've given the old bus a good drive, and it didn't disappoint. :yahoo:
Doing the cam chain, adjuster and tensioner back at the end of March has made a big difference to the engine rattle/ticking sound on idle, well it is silent now, and a vcds are still showing all timing figures to be spot on.

Out on the country roads around here it really goes well and having been off the road to speak I really noticed the great performance from it and it all makes sense now why i bought 10 years ago, its brilliant and handles a dream.
Having not driven it for almost 7 weeks , then jumping in and driving it one really notices how good the old bus is when out on the roads, brilliant stuff.:rock:
So happy days again.
not now as my body won't permit crawling around the engine just yet but I'll be doing the oil cooler/filter housing gasket leak and the oil pump free wheel mod, all the parts are here just waiting to be fitted.

Off on Monday to get the some falkens fitted to the 19" lemans so that will be nice.:thumbs up:

might treat the old bus to a proper paint work refurb job next month , it needs some bits doing and a darn good polish etc.

Anyway
Allways something to do, but at the moment life with a 17 year old b7 bus is very good.:yahoo:
Great to hear you are on the mend.... must have been a good opportunity to blow the cobwebs out so to speak.

Reactions: northpole and Charlie Farley
I suspect they are but to save me digging about on the web does anyone know if b6/7 rear door glass and frames the same
Are these worth hanging on to ?
95b900d2fecc153e5c4bb634158254e5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rear door frames are not the same shape i'm affraid... the roofline on the b7 is slightly different and almost unnoticeable by eye, but put the 2 cars next to eachother and you'll see it. Fronts are the same though. The rear door without the window frame is the same.

Reactions: Jamsmoo