MRC Stage 1…

I think the stage 1 alone would actually be £2,400.... as 20% VAT on £2,000 is £400

Reactions: 8YARWY
I think the stage 1 alone would actually be £2,400.... as 20% VAT on £2,000 is £400
Knock sensors dulled etc are some of their practices, not a great idea especially if you encounter some dodgy fuel......

May as well JB4 it for the gains.......

Knock sensors dulled etc are some of their practices, not a great idea especially if you encounter some dodgy fuel......

May as well JB4 it for the gains.......
Some tuners also dissabled the EGT measuring on early TTRS/RS3, there were a lot of those 'tuned' cars needing a middle piston after a melt down.

When I rebuilt the lads iron block RS3 motor with forged rods/pistons I had a set of pistons/rods over, well 4 and a melted one to be precise, I advertised them on ebay as 'single' items and they flew away

I’ve no idea how good or bad this tune is for this model, but MRC has a pretty good track record with the supercharged V6 engine used in the B8 S4.

I’ve no idea how good or bad this tune is for this model, but MRC has a pretty good track record with the supercharged V6 engine used in the B8 S4.
Maybe so but 5 cylinder track record isn’t as great I’m afraid.

I honestly cant see the point of losing your warranty having the cars ecu altered when a JB4 will have virtually the same result? Fair enough if your going the full hog with bigger turbo, no cats and all the rest that goes with it

I honestly cant see the point of losing your warranty having the cars ecu altered when a JB4 will have virtually the same result? Fair enough if your going the full hog with bigger turbo, no cats and all the rest that goes with it
Be hilarious if the engine on that ‘one of a kind’ exclusive colour went pop.

Reactions: Mike.46
What they aren't telling you is that the ECU goes to Germany 1st to be unlocked..........

Reactions: Daggerit
What they aren't telling you is that the ECU goes to Germany 1st to be unlocked..........
Because they want you to think that it's all done 'in house' rather than admit they can't do it.

A little like all the after market Motorcycle companies advertising Carbon Fibre direct from 'our factory' when in reality it's all coming from the same few compainies in China

Because they want you to think that it's all done 'in house' rather than admit they can't do it.

A little like all the after market Motorcycle companies advertising Carbon Fibre direct from 'our factory' when in reality it's all coming from the same few compainies in China
Lol i think the 2-4 weeks they require the car for gives that away......

I see John and Mitch are on to something that may apply to the 8Y in time. Looks interesting
I like John, talks a lot of sense, you don’t see them making wild claims about fastest this / that.

Reactions: flybynite
I assume this is the same situation as with all current gen crypto locked ECUs? No matter the tuner, they are sending them out behind the scenes to Finland / Russia for one time unlock services, reinstalling and flashing hence the savage prices.