Locked Out with Ignition On

jcforbes

Reaction score
Recently bought a "new" 2023 Audi S3. Just washed it and climbed inside to lower the rear window to remove some water spots. Closed the door with the engine off but ignition on. The car locked me out. I have both key fobs outside the car, but the car doesn't recognize the prompt to unlock the car. How do you open the door when the key fob is outside the car and the ignition is on? The Audi App tells me to turn off the ignition first, but I don't know how to do that when I'm locked out of the car.

Take the physical key out of the fob and use the physical key to open it.

Reactions: AdamInKent, Ads_Essex and Zoomer
Take the physical key out of the fob and use the physical key to open it.
Old school ways. I always thought if the key was out of the car, the car would not detect the key and thus power off (lock the doors). Not sure how ignition can remain on without the key inside, but then again, I never tried this....

Old school ways. I always thought if the key was out of the car, the car would not detect the key and thus power off (lock the doors). Not sure how ignition can remain on without the key inside, but then again, I never tried this....
Once the ignition is on, it stays on. If the key is moved away from the car, the only affect is a warning in the MMI.