Audi RS3 Passenger Off Side Footwell Wet

Rezmund

Reaction score
Hi all,

Recently took ownership of an 8Y RS3 (21st March) and jusy noticed my driver side window was very slightly misty a few hours after driving or when the temp dropped in the evenings. I found the off side passenger footwell and floormat to be soaking (the water is soapy) which I initially put down to a valet at recent service end of March. Taken the mat out to dry it and then dry out the footwell but it seems like the damp is returning right towards the back wall of the footwell (directly below the seat). As it was dry and warm the past two days, and my wiper fluid light came on despite not using it, I wonder if something else is awry here.

Will check it again tomorrow morning to see what the status is but has anyone else encountered anything similar or have any recommendations please?

Will call the dealership on Monday AM to book the car in for a check if the problem is due to a recurring fault or issue.

Cheers.

If you have a warranty on it, I would take it to Audi to sort it out. It could damaged electronics as there’s a lot in the floors of modern cars. Not 100% where the washer hose runs but it could be in that area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rezmund
If you have a warranty on it, I would take it to Audi to sort it out. It could damaged electronics as there’s a lot in the floors of modern cars. Not 100% where the washer hose runs but it could be in that area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cheers, it has extended 4 year warranty so intend to call my local dealer Monday AM (car just turned 2 years old). Will see if I discover any new symptoms tomorrow.

Reactions: P40L
Washer fluid hose most likely, it’s something that happens with VAG cars, I’ve seen golfs etc with the same issue.
Probably a connection that’s worked loose or was never properly connected in the first place.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rezmund
Washer fluid hose most likely, it’s something that happens with VAG cars, I’ve seen golfs etc with the same issue.
Probably a connection that’s worked loose or was never properly connected in the first place.
Cheers, when I found out what it is I'll drop a note in this thread.

Reactions: George Jetson
Car is in at the dealer to be inspected; Audi roadside assist confirmed it's very likely the washer jet pipe. Interestingly, the previous owner said the car was in for the same thing in Jan this year under warranty. Will update once the issue is confirmed and resolved. Cheers.

Reactions: P40L
Car is in at the dealer to be inspected; Audi roadside assist confirmed it's very likely the washer jet pipe. Interestingly, the previous owner said the car was in for the same thing in Jan this year under warranty. Will update once the issue is confirmed and resolved. Cheers.
And this is why I’ll never trust an Audi dealer ever again.
Lies lies lies, can’t even sort a simple well known warranty job properly.

Dealer advised there is a split in the washer fluid pipe behind the passenger seat so it needs a repair kit (apparently different issue to what was addressed in January). The kit is on backorder but am going to chase an ETA tomorrow morning.

Reactions: RS03??? and P40L