Which brake pads to buy?

Jlovett

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Quick question for anyone that can help. Bit of a novice one, but which brake pads do I need for my A3 '55 quattro. I'm looking to replace all 4, but when I search catalogues I always get more than one option!

If someone can point me towards the right ones that would be a massive help, save me taking the old ones out before buying new.

Cheers in advance.

You can't go wrong with the EBC pads. I'm sure they do them for your car.

I've used both Green Stuff and Red Stuff. (the only ones you would use on the road)

The Greens have better bite from cold but I find they fade too quickly when I start going a bit quick. This is in a 2007 Type R.... dunno what the rotors are like on the 2.0T A3 but I'm guessing they aren't performance type.

The Reds are a bit dull from cold but much much sharper as they heat up. Have to be really gunning it to get them to fade...

Personally I'll only ever use red stuff now but green stuff is good for 99% of driving.

You could also consider the Ferodo DS2500 which seem to work significantly better than OE ones. Not cheap, but then they can cope with whatever you throw at them (spirited driving / track days etc...).

Thanks for your help guys, I'll get on the net tonight and have a look. Cheers.

You can't go wrong with the EBC pads. I'm sure they do them for your car.

quote]

Yes you can and i like a lot of people wouldn`t touch them. DS2500 pads are really good up front and anything will do for the rears as they don`t really do much.