A3 tdi 2.0ltr 54 plate helpppppp

tdi-man

Reaction score
:sadlike:just had water pump and cambelts etc all done but got some fault codes which were cleared but have come back

19558 - no siignal
17075 - radiator fan activation short
16785 - exhaust gas recirculation

i have changed the cts and cleaned the egr out the other day.

any help would be helpfull as just bought car but i do have 3 months rac warrenty so wondering if i can clame on that.....

19558 - intake manifold flap (imf) has jammed and you need a new one. I have one spare for £125 with warranty till 22/08/09 and its less than a year old.

17075 - as the imf has jammed, the F8 fuse has blown. This shares the same fuse as the fan.

16785 - the imf could have jammed in a way where limitd air is coming in but not too sure on that. Also have a spare EGR if you need it lol

HTH

Last edited:
hi thanks for that i was wonder if when ii cleaned the egr valve iit has jammed shut and when make f8 blow ? as the thottle flap seams ok and moves fine ?

hi changed the fuse and put a 15amp one in .

has been ok for 2 days so think that cleaning egr and thottle body may have dried it out abit and hopefully all will be ok know its oiled up a bit.

hi changed the fuse and put a 15amp one in .

has been ok for 2 days so think that cleaning egr and thottle body may have dried it out abit and hopefully all will be ok know its oiled up a bit.

Why have you put a biiger fuse in that you should - surely thats going to lead to something bigger blowing?

Cleaning does sometime sort the prob but the TB should be able to move even with the grease so its a sign that its on its way out...

I would defo put a 10a fuse back in an see how it goes.

imf update...
phoned eurocar parts today and they told me they hadn't got any in stock but can special order me 1 so going to order tomo.
had light taken out again today as came on after 3 days of driving vagcom on order from ebay so be able to do it myself.
even with light reset imf valve is wide open when engine is of and i can move it open and shut ..think by the sounds of it it is completely knackerd as have been told by a few people now the valve should be shut when engine of.so suspect that the valve does not work what so ever.
also glow plug fault came up so wondering how easy to do as may put new ones in at the same time.
10a fuse put back in....
hopefully once dun all will be good .........

update since ive got vagcom....

the only fault which keeps coming back is 16785 ..at the moment anyway
i have already taken of and cleaned out so am wondering what else could be wrong with egr...
is it worth cleaning out the inlet manifold as cars done high mileage..

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?p=784969

Have a look in this thread, regarding the 19558 and 17075. I'd imagine you've got the same problem where the Inlet Manifold Flap is jammed open because of broken teeth in the mechanism. I definitely wouldn't of changed that fuse to a 15amp for sure.