Is this a good deal - A3 Sport back

lgooch

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
There is an ex fleet car up for sale at work.

Spec is as follows

2005 (05) 2.0 TDI (140) A3 TDI S-Line DSG
Cruise
Bose with Single Shot CD Player
18" RS6 wheels
Flat black paint
1/2 leather seat which are heated in the front
dual Zone climate
ipod cable
87000 miles and a full service history
It cost over 23K when new

The bad things

It will need a dent doing on the wing as it is 2" long
All wheels need a refurb - they are particularly bad
It needs a new drive side door card as it has split
It needs a new driver side door handle
The aluminium trim on the passenger door needs replacing

IT has had work done to it, as it had a slight shunt on the front (nothing major - bonnet, bumper and 2 headlights) and someone keyed it when it was a week old right down one side.

It is up for auction at work with a starting price of £ 4600.00 and I cant see many going for it as everyone seems to buy the skodas with 120K on them for £ 2800.00

what do you think, should I have a punt or not.

I am worried about he DSG box giving up and being stuck with a scrapper. However I could buy it (say 5K) and get the work done (wheels £ 200 - wing £ 200 handle £ 100 and try and pick up new door cards from a scrapper) run it for a year and then trade it in with it not costing me a penny

Anyone got any suggestions, anyone running a high miler with a DSG box ?

All comments appreciated

Lee

sounds like a good deal to me, im guessing it has full Audi service?
See if you can take it for a good drive and test it out a bit... all in all its a cheap price. 2005 A3 sportbacks with less spec and similar mileage are going alot more expensive then that so even if you do fix up and then sell it on you may get a good profit.

Sounds good. I sold one of my 55 plate sportbacks for £8300. Mileage was 42k & it was a petrol. Wasn't even an s-line so your getting a good deal. Make sure you do check out the DSG first somehow.