Tracking our new RS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, cringing reading about how the lack of pops and bangs is the measure of a great car.
It’s like we’ve gone back to 2017 when new owners where crying about it then.

If it drives as great as is promised, faster than its competition and you can hear the 5 pot sing, then it’s a winner, but the statements about how to get it to pop and bang more get a life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Completely agree. Drove behind a Hyundai yesterday, he had clearly had some mapping done, sounded ridiculous, but then not a proper engine like the 5 pot RS

Reactions: 8YARWY and Mr Freeze
Did you know that the SQ5 has two loudspeakers built into the exhausts by the silencers? You can have (via a Kufatec kit) any noise you want from V6/V8/V10.....I guess thats the future :(

Yes, had this for some time as do other Audi models. Some people have retro fitted these to lesser models. I did consider when I had Q5, but decided against it as fake at the end of the day, but agree lekkie’s will start to have more of these types or via interior speakers

Reactions: johnmv55
Completely agree. Drove behind a Hyundai yesterday, he had clearly had some mapping done, sounded ridiculous, but then not a proper engine like the 5 pot RS

If it was an i30N I wouldn’t be surprised if it was stock as they crackle quite a bit from factory.

Reactions: NevMan
If it was an i30N I wouldn’t be surprised if it was stock as they crackle quite a bit from factory.

It was I think, oh fair enough

Reactions: 8YARWY and garethdj

There’s a guy near me that has a stock one in white, looks a really nice car with some black accents / badges on it, quite noisy though for a stock car.

My wife’s Abarth 595 (1.4 turbo) sounds pretty damn good for stock too, and way better than most 2.0L for sure

Reactions: Jcbmally and Snake Pliskin

Doesn’t really show anything, might have been shared already but here you go. Just popped up on Instagram

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, kayemill, Rs31981 and 1 other person

Another one

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Rs31981, Daggerit and 1 other person

Doesn’t really show anything, might have been shared already but here you go. Just popped up on Instagram

Yeah I saw that the other day too. Looks good but I’ll be more excited when I see a RHD version rolling off a truck!

Reactions: Jassyo06, Snake Pliskin and garethdj
i30N sounds awesome from stock. Especially being a 4 pot.

I’ll second that. I quite like pops and bangs, so long as you can turn em off whenever you like!

Another one

Daytona definitely shows off the lines of the car well & especially those great looking wider wheel arches.

Reactions: Jassyo06, Daggerit and garethdj
245959634 2916949245233457 6246593445186991739 n

Reactions: Rhurs, Rs31981, Snake Pliskin and 3 others
Sounding very promising ....

auditography

More new RS3 magic. This generation just hits different. This is the new benchmark in the segment. Without the smallest doubt. Also, This is the last one. The latest properly fully petrol powered Audi RS model. There is SO much to say about this car after driving it for two days now. Detailed YouTube video and driving impressions coming when the embargo ends at 26 October.

Reactions: Mr Freeze, NevMan, 3vans and 1 other person

auditography

More new RS3 magic. This generation just hits different. This is the new benchmark in the segment. Without the smallest doubt. Also, This is the last one. The latest properly fully petrol powered Audi RS model. There is SO much to say about this car after driving it for two days now. Detailed YouTube video and driving impressions coming when the embargo ends at 26 October.

Sounds really promising!

auditography

I guess Audi have thrown a few more things at it being the 'last' RS car of it's type, the TDI looks of the last one put me off it,
Sitting here counting the days down, I imagine there will be a few other testers and you tubers there as well

Reactions: Daggerit

auditography

He is the most biased Audi Anorak on the planet and being so I'll reserve judgement of the RS3 8Y to some respected on members on here and the final judgements to myself ....

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Jcbmally, NevMan and 2 others
He is the most biased Audi Anorak on the planet and being so I'll reserve judgement of the RS3 8Y to some respected on members on here and the final judgements to myself ....
So he might have some Audi branded rose tinted glasses lol ;)
Car still looks good though regardless - some nice photos emerging showing the lines of the car in different paints.

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Jcbmally and Jassyo06
I'm sure with even a modicum of intelligence you can see through and read between the lines to make your own mind up when watching these video’s

One that has me 'concerned' is when watching the car around the Audi test track and also the 'ring' record lap is the amount of steering lock the drivers are applying suggesting the car has more understeer than you would like

Car still looks good though regardless - some nice photos emerging showing the lines of the car in different paints.

Lol grab it while you can…..

Even the motoring shows are switching to electric
12aaa543c216a610004bb1dc8de12114.png

Reactions: Jassyo06
Just trying to revive a c**p motoring show, I watched VBH review of Golf 8R, absolute rubbish and many bits incorrect

Clue is in his name

• Haha
Reactions: Jassyo06 and Snake Pliskin
I guess Audi have thrown a few more things at it being the 'last' RS car of it's type, the TDI looks of the last one put me off it,
Sitting here counting the days down, I imagine there will be a few other testers and you tubers there as well

Just not thrown more features / options for UK

Lol grab it while you can…..

Even the motoring shows are switching to electric
12aaa543c216a610004bb1dc8de12114.png

oh dear ... yeah us Petrol heads will really enjoy a fully electric series - big fail !

Reactions: Mr Freeze and NevMan
I'm sure with even a modicum of intelligence you can see through and read between the lines to make your own mind up when watching these video’s

One that has me 'concerned' is when watching the car around the Audi test track and also the 'ring' record lap is the amount of steering lock the drivers are applying suggesting the car has more understeer than you would like

That depends how fast the steering rack is… it may just be a slow rack so looks like it “needs” more lock.

Update from my supplier, car now forecast BW51 was previously BW3.

Still not resorting to holding my breath (just yet), but excitement definitely growing now.

Reactions: AndyVWR, 3vans, Jcbmally and 4 others

Still not resorting to holding my breath (just yet), but excitement definitely growing now.

That’s good news! What’s your spec again?

Spec in 1st line of my sig, but aware you may not see if mobile view etc..

2022 RS3 Saloon - Carbon Black in Kemora Grey with C+S & RS Dynamic Pack

Reactions: Jcbmally, Keano04, HulkRS3 and 2 others

Great news and ties in with what my salesman told me about initial bw pushbacks now being brought forward as orders build and production batches can be established.

In a few months we'll all be sat there grinning behind the wheel and this wait will be a thing of the past as we fire up the 5 pot for the first time.....

Snap!! My build dates have moved exactly the same on my carbon,
Week 51 is a s*** build date, they break up for Christmas around that time.

Reactions: Add_Profile and NevMan
Spec in 1st line of my sig, but aware you may not see if mobile view etc..

2022 RS3 Saloon - Carbon Black in Kemora Grey with C+S & RS Dynamic Pack

Excellent! Yeah I’m on my phone and doesn’t show signatures, I wish it did because that would makes life much easier sometimes!

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
I couldn’t be given an update today by Audi online as I was told the order system was down and was giving out unreliable info/incorrect build weeks…

No word from my dealership.

Besides a Chase on a Monday I’m sitting back to see if I get any updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.