Tracking our new RS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get that, so why are we saying these aren't the UK LE cars if they're non UK spec? If you walk in to Audi tomorrow it could be pot luck you could see your perfect car sat there but never be able to configure it. Isn't that the definition of the LE cars?

Reactions: Rs31981 and Daggerit
I get that, so why are we saying these aren't the UK LE cars if they're non UK spec? If you walk in to Audi tomorrow it could be pot luck you could see your perfect car sat there but never be able to contact figure it. Isn't that the definition of the LE cars?

LE cars are a specific spec level like the carbon or vorsprungs, that’s why I was quoting the red callipers, sunroof, HUD, etc. because those are all standard kit on them. They’re actually the only way you can get red brake callipers I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mr Freeze
I get that, so why are we saying these aren't the UK LE cars if they're non UK spec? If you walk in to Audi tomorrow it could be pot luck you could see your perfect car sat there but never be able to configure it. Isn't that the definition of the LE cars?
It’s not an LE car as we know it though, actual Launch Edition cars have the exact same spec, pan roof etc

LE cars are a specific spec level like the carbon or vorsprungs, that’s why I was quoting the red callipers, sunroof, HUD, etc. because those are all standard kit on them. They’re actually the only way you can get red brake callipers I believe.

This.

So Audi have 5 versions

1. Standard
2. Carbon
3. Vorsprung
4. Launch edition
5. Pot Luck spec.

• Haha
Reactions: Stu-27, Mr Freeze, AndyVWR and 2 others
So Audi have 5 versions

1. Standard
2. Carbon
3. Vorsrung
4. Launch edition
5. Pot Luck spec.

Yup, but it’s a bit **** that the pot luck versions have kit you can’t even spec yourself. If one appears with an interior design pack I’m going to ******.

Reactions: Add_Profile
They can't build your car but throw together random specs and ship em out?

Yeah, it’s infuriating. I can only assume that they threw options at it that they could cobble together with the microchips they actually had.

• Wow
Reactions: Mr Freeze, 3vans and Add_Profile
Makes no sense, you're right.

You can't choose your own perfect spec, but audi may randomly throw it together and ship it to a random dealer and you'd never know. Imagine pulling up next to it..... infuriating

Reactions: Jcbmally and Daggerit
Just noticed something I haven't realised until now. The flat bottom steering wheel has the perforated leather the entire way around instead of the half and half. I really don't like it being perforated the whole way round :'( All the more reason to swap it to an R8 wheel.

Reactions: Daggerit
RS3’s cobbled together with what’s available in the parts bin lol :tearsofjoy:
It’s crazy at the minute isn’t it.
How will they value these cars when they come to sell them ?

Reactions: Jcbmally, Add_Profile, johnmv55 and 1 other person
yeah it’s close but grey is still not black lol ... I hope it’s not a b**** to keep clean as silver & white have been great.
Panther black & estoril blue were a nightmare ... I think I do need to tick off Daytona though, it is a very nice shade of grey & suits RS models across the Audi range.
I had a black V8 R8, it looked so good after a wash/polish, but even after sitting for half a day it looked like it wanted doing again, and then swirl marks in the late afternoon sun, imho not a colour for a daily car, I then had a white R8 V10, very hard to see when that needed a clean unless it was a filthy day.

I also had a VW Golf in pretty close to Daytona grey, that didnt show the dirt either

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and UncleRick
They can't build your car but throw together random specs and ship em out?
Oddly enough my local VW dealer had 3 Golf 8R delivered out of the blue, not ordered etc. almost as if they had available slots free on the production line so just made 3 cars and sent them out, very weird

Just noticed something I haven't realised until now. The flat bottom steering wheel has the perforated leather the entire way around instead of the half and half. I really don't like it being perforated the whole way round :'( All the more reason to swap it to an R8 wheel.
It will be intersting to see if thats possible without the driver assistance throwing a hizzy fit, I swapped my R8 wheel and from memory theyre a little odd on the spline size due to the fact the mk1 R8 was Lamborghini Gallardo based

It will be intersting to see if thats possible without the driver assistance throwing a hizzy fit, I swapped my R8 wheel and from memory theyre a little odd on the spline size due to the fact the mk1 R8 was Lamborghini Gallardo based
TTRS wheel works on the current RS gen, I thought they were the same wheel sorry :p

TTRS wheel works on the current RS gen, I thought they were the same wheel sorry :p
They may well be but I remember something odd, but it was 6 years ago now, I bought one and had it covered with alcantara, then didnt like it so put the orig one back on :)

I can confirm based off wild speculation that cars at dealers are not specced by the dealer - they either get a LE or a standard car with random options.

And they don't know what they are getting; I have to be honest I can't tell if this is smart or stupid from Audi - I have to agree that maybe they should have not allowed UK orders to open until November instead of August.

Reactions: Jcbmally, Mr Freeze and NevMan
I can confirm based off wild speculation that cars at dealers are not specced by the dealer - they either get a LE or a standard car with random options.

And they don't know what they are getting; I have to be honest I can't tell if this is smart or stupid from Audi - I have to agree that maybe they should have not allowed UK orders to open until November instead of August.

This sounds right to me. The first of the LE being built were supposed to arrive this week so some may well have been made when they were supposed to.

The other random spec cars do indeed all seem to have the stock spec plus extras. Not a fan of the silver clad base cars so far no matter the colour - even black (which normally carries a bit of chrome best) is struggling…

Not sure delaying the order books would have made much difference? What’s happening now likely would just happen starting November rather than august?

Reactions: Jcbmally
I see the auditography video shows the more bland interior. I guess Audi have realised it’s a bad idea showing the unavailable design pack

wow: 3.1 seconds to 62mph

Could be a smidge away from getting into the 2.something for 60mph

Reactions: Terminator x, Jcbmally, Alexlfc17 and 3 others
wow: 3.1 seconds to 62mph

Could be a smidge away from getting into the 2.something for 60mph
That's a pretty mental time for a standard hatchback! It's a lot of money, but nice to see you're at least getting some genuine performance for your cash.

Reactions: Terminator x, Jcbmally, Alexlfc17 and 3 others
That's a pretty mental time for a standard hatchback! It's a lot of money, but nice to see you're at least getting some genuine performance for your cash.

Yeah its very impressive - Merc will struggle to match that with their 4 pot engine in the 45s
The videos don't really tell or show us much new otherwise though do they.

Reactions: Mr Freeze and Daggerit
Auto Car Review

Reactions: Jcbmally, Mr Freeze, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
What car

Reactions: Jcbmally and Daggerit
What car didnt get anywhere near that, 3.5 on the Audi built in and 3.89 on their performance box?
That's interesting, Audi never exaggerates their 0-62 times (that I've ever seen anyway) so it seems a little odd that they got a time slower than quoted.

Reactions: johnmv55
What car mentioned Adaptive Dampers standard on UK Carbon Black & Vorsprung. That's not right is it.?I thought it was just the Vorsprung?

Auto Car Review

Wow Autocar - low production quality or what. Take all the B-roll Audi filmed for you and don’t even do a walk around. Just the go pro in the car. And he sounds like he is falling asleep.

I mean I sometimes sound like that in my videos but not in an RS3 in Greece…

They should have invited me!

(and before anyone asks I have already emailed the head of PR at Audi U.K. about 5 times this week asking him for a car - and tagging him in every post on Instagram and Twitter!).

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan, Daggerit and 2 others
I've not watched a bad reveiw yet which is good :)
Matt Watson Carwow will be interesting, he can be annoying but I think he's pretty unbiased ?

Reactions: Jcbmally, Mr Freeze, Rs31981 and 1 other person
I've not watched a bad reveiw yet which is good :)
Matt Watson Carwow will be interesting, he can be annoying but I think he's pretty unbiased ?

At least Mat Watson makes them fun to watch.
Nothing worse than watching a plank of wood try to present a review.

• Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally, Mr Freeze, NevMan and 1 other person
As far as I am aware no RS3 Vorsprung have a build date and features are being removed from the cars to speed up delivery. I asked Shrewsbury Audi about the phone box light being deleted and this is the reply.

''Regarding the Phonebox, yes there will be no phone box currently and unfortunately on occasion you can configure a car with certain specification and the factory can and do change this, especially in a period where there is a world shortage of semiconductor chips. If there wasn’t this change unfortunately the delays could be significantly longer again as these microchips are obtained. I will of cause provide any updates as I have them''.

This is my first RS model and I hoped for a bit more, I ordered in the first week of August and still nothing. I had hopes that Audi would not release a car until they could build them it appears not. To be honest it has taken the shine of the whole experience.

Reactions: 3vans, Jcbmally and NevMan
And he sounds like he is falling asleep.

That’s quite funny as I was thinking it was nice to have a calm and measured review rather than an everything’s either utterly awesome or utterly **** sensationalism click bait style video… an extreme example (and wandering away from the topic a bit) like the 5 things I hate/love about x car ********. Tell me the facts and I will decide for myself thanks

Hard line to walk as it can easily be viewed as boring to some vs measured for others.

That aside, as an excited prospective owner, a bit more enthusiasm wouldn’t have gone a miss!!

Reactions: johnmv55 and NevMan

Sent fro

As far as I am aware no RS3 Vorsprung have a build date and features are being removed from the cars to speed up delivery. I asked Shrewsbury Audi about the phone box light being deleted and this is the reply.

''Regarding the Phonebox, yes there will be no phone box currently and unfortunately on occasion you can configure a car with certain specification and the factory can and do change this, especially in a period where there is a world shortage of semiconductor chips. If there wasn’t this change unfortunately the delays could be significantly longer again as these microchips are obtained. I will of cause provide any updates as I have them''.

This is my first RS model and I hoped for a bit more, I ordered in the first week of August and still nothing. I had hopes that Audi would not release a car until they could build them it appears not. To be honest it has taken the shine of the whole experience.
I'm purchasing from Shrewsbury Audi and ordered on launch day, I speak with the sales executive every week he assures me there is no build week for vorsprung

Reactions: UncleRick and NevMan

They are fun and he is at least consistent - I await him pointing out you need a bigger car to get more people in, in what seems to be his continuous attempt to make every car bigger no matter the segment… who cares if you can’t get x3 7foot people in the back of an A1 ***, but a bigger car if you want to carry more stuff, that’s what the A3/4/6 etc are for to cater for that!! Stop trying to make ever car huuuuge!!

Sorry rant over

I do actually like his content, even the seemingly mad comparison videos…

Reactions: johnmv55
Apologies if already posted, here is the carfection review:

Reactions: Alexlfc17 and Jcbmally
Status
Not open for further replies.