Tracking our new RS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies if already posted, here is the carfection review:

Got to admit I’m loving the red/black look, now how do I convince the Mrs I need to spend £55k :whistle2: :yes:

Reactions: pburv, Mr Freeze, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
Got to admit I’m loving the red/black look, now how do I convince the Mrs I need to spend £55k :whistle2: :yes:

Agree, it does look good. Have to say really liking the look of the saloon. So aggressive, and those arches on both .

Haha, that could be a tricky conversation

• Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally and Snake Pliskin
11.98 1/4 mile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mr Freeze
Here’s a picture to p!ss everyone off…. Notice anything about the cruise control stalk and steering wheel combo in the car my local dealership has in?

2c38ebefd0de4d72b97b1a72f0faa189.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 3vans, Jassyo06 and johnmv55
Here’s a picture to p!ss everyone off…. Notice anything about the cruise control stalk and steering wheel combo in the car my local dealership has in?

What am I missing ? have you taken pics of the car for us all to see :smiley:

Sorry if it’s a duplicate, carwow

Reactions: NevMan
Crazy how these early cars are specced
Reminds me of the 2016 TTRS when they decided to get 250 cars built into the uk quickly before the Air Con refrigerant regs changed.

Reactions: Terminator x, NevMan, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
Crazy how these early cars are specced

odd how NONE of these press cars are fitted with the ROUND steering wheel.
why would Audi make sure they are all flat bottomed ? :whistle2:

Reactions: NevMan

They wouldn’t want to put buyers off by putting that Jekyll round one on there would they

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin

Agree, and all seem to have the interior design pack, Matt Watson even taking about the vent, seatbelt, seat trim….yeah but not available here Matt!

What is common though is that they seem to all love, and is much more of a drivers car now which can only be a good thing for you all

Reactions: Jcbmally, AndyVWR, Mr Freeze and 1 other person
Man with the stick review was great At$e button lol but tired of see red sportbacks already obviously Audi's painter's and decorators have taken a hit with the chip shortages lol

Which brings me on to why are Audi giving a lead time of a year for an exclusive paint....no paint shortages are they ....the RS3s launch is in a bigger mess than what the A3/S3 was when it was launched
Here look at our mega expensive donut show off car...its amazing...but you can't f$$king get one for 8/12 months....disgraceful

• Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally, AndyVWR, Mr Freeze and 2 others
Does the paint machine use a chip

• Haha
Reactions: AndyVWR and Jassyo06

It's ****** me off.......next thing I'll be a car in a dealership with a design pack lol

• Haha
Reactions: garethdj, Snake Pliskin, Mr Freeze and 1 other person
Man those wheels are confused .

Screenshot 20211026 202023 YouTube

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, johnmv55, Mr Freeze and 1 other person
Man those wheels are confused .

View attachment 244925

Yeah I’m not sure what’s going on with them. Didn’t even realise there were the grey stickers on them until this video!

I think if it’s possible I might be peeling those grey and silver stickers off (as long as the silver isn’t actually diamond cut).

Some will say they are stickers and some diamond cut. Either way, I'll bet they are under a layer of lacquer whatever they are

Reactions: garethdj, johnmv55, NevMan and 1 other person
It's ****** me off.......next thing I'll be a car in a dealership with a design pack lol
Ha ha I was coming on to say, the rate we are going with the base spec cars there will be one with Design pack.

all positive reviews and I was fully lusting after red design pack (won’t even need extended pack).
Also is it sad that I was also excited to see a cabin and steering wheel which had buttons

Reactions: Jassyo06
I plan on making a video summarising all we have seen in the review videos and going over some new features and facts I have learnt with the car I videoed.

Most interesting being the Audi Connect key card to open and start the car and wireless AA and CP - probably will film it and upload before the weekend and I am hoping for a first drive next week with my dealer as well (their car is on the boat now but no idea what it is only that it is a saloon).

Reactions: Patrickv and Jcbmally

I think the mystery may be solved thanks to some info I saw on Facebook... These parts bin specials have lane departure warning, not lane assist. Hence they can have flat bottom steering wheels.

Edit: Lane assist symbol looks like this
DSC00405i

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Freeze and Daggerit
I think the mystery may be solved thanks to some info I saw on Facebook... These parts bin specials have lane departure warning, not lane assist. Hence they can have flat bottom steering wheels.

Indeed! But still odd because you can’t spec adaptive cruise without lane keep assist.

I should add that this car also had the phone box lite. You’d think of that was a pinch point for chips they’d reserve them for launch editions or something?

Indeed! But still odd because you can’t spec adaptive cruise without lane keep assist.

I should add that this car also had the phone box lite. You’d think of that was a pinch point for chips they’d reserve them for launch editions or something?

That damn car probably has the chips outa mine which is why it’s still not completed despite wk37 confirmed build week!!

Reactions: Daggerit
I think its a UK thing. You can select adaptive cruise control on it's own in other markets.
Annoying other specs won't get this. Would love to have wireless charging.

Reactions: Daggerit
Yeah I’m not sure what’s going on with them. Didn’t even realise there were the grey stickers on them until this video!

I think if it’s possible I might be peeling those grey and silver stickers off (as long as the silver isn’t actually diamond cut).

They couldnt diamond cut them that accurately, also be very hard for the local wheel refinisher to match one, one kerbed wheel and all four would need to go just satin black

Reactions: Mr Freeze, NevMan and Daggerit

Looking at pics of some of the cars that have arrived in UK dealers it would appear that if they are short of a certain 'correct' part for a UK specced car they are just fitting what they have available. It's good news that one car has come through with lane assist, ACC and a flat bottomed wheel, that means the software must accept whatever wheel they fitted, also means we can do the same thing :)

Reactions: Mr Freeze and Daggerit
Looking at pics of some of the cars that have arrived in UK dealers it would appear that if they are short of a certain 'correct' part for a UK specced car they are just fitting what they have available. It's good news that one car has come through with lane assist, ACC and a flat bottomed wheel, that means the software must accept whatever wheel they fitted, also means we can do the same thing :)

Maybe, but this car has the standard lane departure warning rather than the full lane assist so we don’t actually know if the lane assist can be had with a FBSW yet unfortunately.

Reactions: mb127 and johnmv55
Status
Not open for further replies.