Tracking our new RS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But then this happens. 3 separate stops resulting in 3 £100 fines lol…

8c88629ea9f813c33bb90f6ddae3ba4b.jpg

a3b1b39378a25eda57b6db8d0c52398e.jpg

23dda9751474818d6ff8d55e0a7747b2.jpg

c25113ab5a7b28cf39f61c0c1bc8eb1c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hahahahahhhha ‘they caught me’ lol

Reactions: billymc92
Sure, with admiral. No tracker needed although I have put a couple i bought myself in the car :icon thumright:
Just a small point. Are you in the trade or did you have them professionally fitted?

should the worst happen and they were not professionally fitted it could invalidate the warranty. I was told by my dealer that I was welcome to fit a ghost, but it had to be professionally done.

car looks mint btw.

Sure, with admiral. No tracker needed although I have put a couple i bought myself in the car :icon thumright:
You couldn’t do me a favour “and probably others” and measure the front and rear Audi badges lol? I’m wanting my black ones before the car arrives as the silver is just so out of place haha!

Reactions: Jcbmally
Just a small point. Are you in the trade or did you have them professionally fitted?

should the worst happen and they were not professionally fitted it could invalidate the warranty. I was told by my dealer that I was welcome to fit a ghost, but it had to be professionally done.

car looks mint btw.

Invalidate the warranty?? Unless it burnt to the ground and coincidentally happened to be an electrical fault they would have to prove it came from the tracker. Otherwise they don't have a leg to stand on.

You couldn’t do me a favour “and probably others” and measure the front and rear Audi badges lol? I’m wanting my black ones before the car arrives as the silver is just so out of place haha!
Buy the oem ones all you need is the part number or your reg/Vin

Reactions: Jcbmally and NevMan
Talking of inflated car prices my son told me the gt3 they had, they purchased it back off the punter who they sold it to for £10k over list ,it was in the showroom less than a day and sold for £80k over list £240k and it was a manual stonechips and all

Last edited:
  • Wow
EBay mate there's always a few dealerships selling the oem ones £260 for the set try huntingdon Audi
I can’t see them having 8Y RS3 parts in the system or for sale when the dealers don’t actually have a car in.

And I never in my life would pay that for black badges! I’m not being cheap and if it comes to carbon parts yes I’ll always buy OEM! But £260 to £30 for “JUST” Audi badges that are black, never in a million ******* years

I can’t see them having 8Y RS3 parts in the system or for sale when the dealers don’t actually have a car in.

And I never in my life would pay that for black badges! I’m not being cheap and if it comes to carbon parts yes I’ll always buy OEM! But £260 to £30 for “JUST” Audi badges that are black, never in a million ******* years
Ok

car looks mint btw.
I thought for insurance purposes they normally need to be CAT5 trackers as car value is over £50k

Sorry wasn’t being a **** at you, more towards Audi how they can charge astronomical prices! I guess if you select the “model delete” box you’ll get around £230 back (minus say £30 for colour change)….

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan and Jassyo06
Sorry wasn’t being a **** at you, more towards Audi how they can charge astronomical prices! I guess if you select the “model delete” box you’ll get around £230 back (minus say £30 for colour change)….
No problems mate l think getting non Audi adhesive emblems is spot on but for the front clip on emblems it's a bit of a hit and miss one dealer sent me a A6 black adhesive 4 circles emblem it was massive in comparison to the A3 sized equivalent

Last edited:
Reactions: Pinky1959, Jcbmally, kayemill and 8 others
Can anyone remember the web address of the Audi dealer configurator ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought for insurance purposes they normally need to be CAT5 trackers as car value is over £50k
You may be right. I’ve always found for insurance purposes it makes no difference to price, just peace of mind.

Trackers now a days are a waste of time. Easily defeated and found, plus police too stretched to respond and recover. One of our contractors has his van stolen in Leeds. Tracker was out in under 90secs and van gone in 3 mins.

front its 50 , rear its 45 ;-) and rs3 should be 50 each max

Reactions: billymc92
You may be right. I’ve always found for insurance purposes it makes no difference to price, just peace of mind.

Trackers now a days are a waste of time. Easily defeated and found, plus police too stretched to respond and recover. One of our contractors has his van stolen in Leeds. Tracker was out in under 90secs and van gone in 3 mins.
Although obviously not insurance approved one of the best things you can do to keep your car is to fit something yourself, and then only you know what it is and where it is, I dont know about 'Ghost' systems but I imagine they are all fitted in the same place on a particular model ?

Regards not having a front plate fitted -does that not defeat the mobile speed camera vans that picture you front on?
Can't see plod letting you off with that.

Also regards the black badges, I changed them on my last RS3 and it was something you need to declare to insurance I believe.

Also that yellow saloon looks ****** amazing-wish I had ordered that now.

Regards not having a front plate fitted -does that not defeat the mobile speed camera vans that picture you front on?
Can't see plod letting you off with that.

Also regards the black badges, I changed them on my last RS3 and it was something you need to declare to insurance I believe.

Also that yellow saloon looks ****** amazing-wish I had ordered that now.

Don’t believe so. My recent speed awareness course says so, or at least the “trainer” saying the cameras film both directions (covers motorbikes too)

Don’t believe so. My recent speed awareness course says so, or at least the “trainer” saying the cameras film both directions (covers motorbikes too)
Some of the mobile vans have one of thise camera domes on the side to pick the motorbikes number up, but, If you for instance have just come around a corner to find said van parked there a quick stop and push the bike back around the corner and away to go :)

Do they normally clip a holder on to the front grille? Defo looks better without it and who gives a **** about a camera seeing it or not lol

Reactions: K96
Do they normally clip a holder on to the front grille? Defo looks better without it and who gives a **** about a camera seeing it or not lol
Although I don't want to put my plate on, I have ordered 2 little clips designed for the honeycomb grill (£10 each or so off a quick google) so will see how they fit. Just clip in then stick to the plate

Reactions: ZB1
Although I don't want to put my plate on, I have ordered 2 little clips designed for the honeycomb grill (£10 each or so off a quick google) so will see how they fit. Just clip in then stick to the plate
I guess if you do end up getting pulled over then at least you got that sorted and can chuck the plate on. Tbh in some areas police don’t really care

Although if you get caught and get £100 fine, in the long run you will probably save money as you can park for free at any parking eye car park they Photograph you head on the way out so win win.

Although obviously not insurance approved one of the best things you can do to keep your car is to fit something yourself, and then only you know what it is and where it is, I dont know about 'Ghost' systems but I imagine they are all fitted in the same place on a particular model ?
No. They can be fitted pretty much anywhere depending on what circuits you want them to disable. The module is about 25x10mm. Plus they’re undetectable. Only found once starting is attempted.
best tracking systems are the ones that are monitored. They stay dormant until the company activates them to allow tracking and then they send teams to locate the vehicle and liaise with the police.

However, as alluded to on another thread, if a gang want your car they’ll get it. Numerous reports of owners being dragged out at knife point to disable them.

Reactions: NevMan and johnmv55
I don’t think the honey come clips will work on the 8Y as there is a solid bit where the plate should sit. If they fit then it will either be at the top or bottom of the grill where it would be too high or low.

Confirmed specs over the weekend after getting to take the LE out for an hour/hour and half.

Been told to expect July/August time.

The test drive was exceptional. Smile from start to finish.

Round steering wheel wasn't for me, especially being used to one currently. Interior wise, is the piano black trim specific to the launch/vorsprung? Would rather this wasn't in my carbon model.

Just had confirmation my car has moved to status 20 with confirmed build next week (22nd Nov) :icon thumright:
So could be one of the early carbon cars in the Country ... time to get properly excited now :)

Reactions: Jcbmally, K96, 3vans and 13 others
Status
Not open for further replies.