Tracking our new RS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had confirmation my car has moved to status 20 with confirmed build next week (22nd Nov) :icon thumright:
So could be one of the early carbon cars in the Country ... time to get properly excited now :)

Nice.

Hopefully yours will move along from status 20 quicker than Audi have managed for mine - it’s been status 20 for 11 weeks now!!

Cars with a confirmed build week the week before mine have started to be collected by customers whilst mine is still dicking around at the factory….

Vader wants his vader spec car - probably would have been be quicker to have built a Death Star…

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally, johnmv55, RS03??? and 2 others
Nice.

Hopefully yours will move along from status 20 quicker than Audi have managed for mine - it’s been status 20 for 11 weeks now!!

Cars with a confirmed build week the week before mine have started to be collected by customers whilst mine is still dicking around at the factory….

Vader wants his vader spec car - probably would have been be quicker to have built a Death Star…

Cheers mate - that aint good for your car though.
pmsl @ vader :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: NevMan and Keano04
Well the 8V has departed, never thought I’d be so gutted to see a car go.

Having never been on the outside of mine while someone else was driving it, was nice to hear that 5Pot sing as they drove away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Jcbmally, FBF01, K96 and 4 others

Having never been on the outside of mine while someone else was driving it, I was nice to hear that 5Pot sing as they drove away.

One of the saddest views is watching someone else driving “your” car away…

Happened to me almost 3 months ago, it gets easier

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan and 8YARWY
One of the saddest views is watching someone else driving “your” car away…

Happened to me almost 3 months ago, it gets easier
No, driving 'their' car away :)
Just like when something isnt quite right after they drive away and they ring you ''This car of yours has bla bla'' and you reply ''It isnt my car, it's yours''

Reactions: NevMan and 8YARWY
Confirmed specs over the weekend after getting to take the LE out for an hour/hour and half.

Been told to expect July/August time.

The test drive was exceptional. Smile from start to finish.

Round steering wheel wasn't for me, especially being used to one currently. Interior wise, is the piano black trim specific to the launch/vorsprung? Would rather this wasn't in my carbon model.

If you mean around the gear selector area, I believe all trim levels come with gloss black there.

Just had confirmation my car has moved to status 20 with confirmed build next week (22nd Nov) :icon thumright:
So could be one of the early carbon cars in the Country ... time to get properly excited now :)

Definitely think we will have the first Carbons in the country for sure. :D

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Add_Profile and NevMan

Hopefully starts build next week Glen

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Add_Profile and 8YARWY
@Alexlfc17 hows your running in period going?
Slow and steady, I’ve had a couple of blasts but nothing too serious. Great car, absolutely 0 faults so far, it sounds insane I love the pops on gear change lol

Reactions: Jcbmally, ZB1, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
Just been knocked back again from week 49 to week 3, ******* load of wanking ******** ******* motherfuckers!!!

• Wow
Reactions: Jcbmally
Just been knocked back again from week 49 to week 3, ******* load of wanking ******** ******* motherfuckers!!!
At least the workers wont be pi**ed on the Christmas run up whilst assembling your car :)

Reactions: Rs31981 and ZB1
Slow and steady, I’ve had a couple of blasts but nothing too serious. Great car, absolutely 0 faults so far, it sounds insane I love the pops on gear change lol
pops or farts? do they pop/bang on the downshifts?

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
If you mean around the gear selector area, I believe all trim levels come with gloss black there.

Definitely think we will have the first Carbons in the country for sure. :D

Its definitely looking that way mate
:icon thumright:

there was a lot of talk of no hope of seeing RS3’s this side of March / April next year / possibly into the summer ... but they’re coming through now which is ****** great news :)

Reactions: Add_Profile and HulkRS3
Hopefully starts build next week Glen

cheers Nev & most certainly fingers & toes all crossed. I almost felt the build date would keep slipping indefinitely so to go status 20 is a very pleasant surprise indeed :)

Its definitely looking that way mate
:icon thumright:

there was a lot of talk of no hope of seeing RS3’s this side of March / April next year / possibly into the summer ... but they’re coming through now which is ****** great news :)

Yeah I'm sure we were told we wouldn't see ours for months :whistle2:

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Add_Profile
Anyone else with carbon cars starting build next week ?

Having never been on the outside of mine while someone else was driving it, was nice to hear that 5Pot sing as they drove away.

Yeah never nice to see your pride and joy drive away for good :sadlike:

Did you sell private or trade ?

Farts more like mate, unfortunately no pop and bangs on downshifts
Give it time, it'll liven up. My OPF MY19 S3 started making new noises after 3.5 to 4k miles. 15k in and it pops and bangs like a goodn, although not to pre opf levels.

Reactions: Alexlfc17, Jassyo06 and Snake Pliskin
Got my Quote earlier on with my discount for my troubles it was less than I was hoping for to be honest
So I have to decide what to do now before 1st of December

Reactions: Jcbmally, AndyVWR, Snake Pliskin and 2 others
Give it time, it'll liven up. My OPF MY19 S3 started making new noises after 3.5 to 4k miles. 15k in and it pops and bangs like a goodn, although not to pre opf levels.
My 2021 TTS 320 only started bangin lol after 4k miles

Reactions: RSt3ve
My19 S3 doesn't pop and bang at all never heard it once in 23k of driving it although its spent 99% of its life in Comfort mode

Man up ....ya whoos....lol felt the same when my Voodoo drove off into the sunset lol nevertheless you've got the 8y RS3 Braun hairdryer to look forward to now lol

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan and 8YARWY
My19 S3 doesn't pop and bang at all never heard it once in 23k of driving it although its spent 99% of its life in Comfort mode
How bizarre, I remember in the early days of the OPF cars there seemed to be a split of bangers and non bangers for no logical reason whatsoever. Strange tbh.

Got my Quote earlier on with my discount for my troubles it was less than I was hoping for to be honest

get that thinking cap on lol

Reactions: Jcbmally, Mr Freeze and 8YARWY

Gotta be tempting…….

Yeah never nice to see your pride and joy drive away for good :sadlike:

Did you sell private or trade ?

Trade…….. couldn’t do with the hassle’s what a private sale would bring.

Reactions: Jcbmally, Snake Pliskin and Mr Freeze
How bizarre, I remember in the early days of the OPF cars there seemed to be a split of bangers and non bangers for no logical reason whatsoever. Strange tbh.

My 8Y S3 popped and banged like an absolute champion and was way louder than my 8V was. Pops and bangs that is, not overall volume.

Reactions: Jcbmally and Snake Pliskin
Bit off topic, but looks like they're using the RS3 tech and engine in one of the new Seats! Didn't think they'd use the 5 pot anywhere other than the RS3!

Reactions: Jcbmally and Daggerit
Bit off topic, but looks like they're using the RS3 tech and engine in one of the new Seats! Didn't think they'd use the 5 pot anywhere other than the RS3!

Yeah there’s apparently some coming to the UK, only a handful and all LHD as well.

Yeah there’s apparently some coming to the UK, only a handful and all LHD as well.

Didn't realise that - shame as it looks really good. Interior looks ace and the seats look even better than the RS3!

Trade…….. couldn’t do with the hassle’s what a private sale would bring.

Totally agree plus you never know who your going to have at your front door with a private sale

Reactions: 8YARWY

Yup LHD as useless as Tits on a boar.

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.