Facelift Jassy's Discussion/Build/Wait Voodoo Blue S3 Saloon Thread

Did you guys have to leave a deposit at the time of ordering? Whether exclusive or not.

Only ask as I didn't have to hand any money over until a few days before collection.

You are very lucky! Normally any car is a £1k deposit.

I haven't got any estimates of cost or anything yet. That's just a bit of maths based on a loan of £52k on the Audi pcp page over 48 months and 20k.

Maybe I misread this thread but bar a massive deposit of over 10k any RS3 will cost at least £600pm anyway. So it's not cheap however you look at it.

It may be it's stupidly expensive and not worth it. But I blame Jazzy.

I'm paying a little less than you but not a load, for both cars! My deposit is low, I would rather have the money in the bank.

Also regards to the RS6 comment, I've looked and you can't get an RS6 for £700 a month.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
You are very lucky! Normally any car is a £1k deposit.
Always had to pay a deposit for mine and the wifes various Audi's all from the same dealer. But usually £250 - £500 max.

Reactions: David McQueen, Bells and AudiNutta
Always had to pay a deposit for mine and the wifes various Audi's all from the same dealer. But usually £250 - £500 max.
Only had to put £250 down as a deposit for my S3 with JCT600 group, rest was paid 48 hours before collection.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Only had to put £250 down as a deposit for my S3 with JCT600 group, rest was paid 48 hours before collection.

Well l wont be paying another....penny, until l go over this car with a fine tooth comb,my existing car l only had to pay a £100 deposit....they've had my £2000 for almost 3 months,paid it to the Spire Group....

Reactions: Bells
Carlsberg....Scenario....car comes in white.....lol..... Ya Frickin....Dancer...Audi....Whetsone....Mr Jassy what can we do to resolve this............cough...cough......lol

Reactions: MattSedg, PanamaS3 and Jcbmally
On a Roll....this RS3 ....Scenario.....its bye the bye....although if my son where still with Audi l would have least got some sort of discount from it.....but SHIZER....happens

Reactions: MattSedg, PanamaS3, TDI-line and 1 other person
or https://www.v4b.co.uk/personal-leas...e-coupe-30-supercharged-v6-2dr-auto-206146151

media

Sorry but l would rather something Germanic than that heap of overpriced Indian Tetley tea bag junk £715 bangers.....with "lceberg ahead" residuals.....especially not in Earl grey.....lol

Reactions: AudiNutta, David McQueen and PanamaS3
Well Helllloooo Stranger....not seen you around for a wee bit mate, how...the helll are ye....and howz the A4...treating....ya
Haha, busy building extension to please the missus. A4 is nice but,,,,,,,,,,,,,, starting to fancy a change again, something a bit more fun maybe.

Reactions: Jassyo06, Djs3saloon and PanamaS3
Well given in, throwing in the towel, it is what it is, status quo..... Etc etc etc.... Lol
S3 in voodoo blue 110%, already putting arrangements into action with regards to collection day logistics and hopefully a wee Par.... tee.... the evening before, put my car up for sale come mid September.
@jassyo06 - Thank gawd for that !
Does that mean I can lock this thread now ? ;) :D

Reactions: Jassyo06, Rob2k68, Flying Scotsman and 6 others
@Jassy0o6
I am glad you have made a decision and vooodooo will be best choice and it will look really nice .
Are you still going to the Dom for a holiday ?

Reactions: Jassyo06
Can't lock it till the car actually arrives :)

Reactions: Jassyo06, TDI-line, Audi Bairn and 2 others
Errrrm...? You do realise that Satory was pointing out that your numbers don't make any sense right? You cant just ignore the monthly cost and say 'look, the deposit is lower so it's cheaper!'!

No, he was pointing out to you using your own example where the £9,000 comes from as you didn't, and still don't seem to understand. They make perfect sense. No one's ignoring the monthly cost. The difference between them after a year is that you've lost more if you changed your car in the first year with a higher deposit, than I would have with my lower deposit. You're going round the houses with this, not sure why it's so difficult for you to understand?

I get the argument that liquid cash may be useful to you, but many others will argue that it's pointless keeping that money in the bank since it will never make a better return sitting in the bank, than the interest you are paying on the debt. It is costing you to keep that money in the bank. If you wouldn't take out a personal loan to keep money in the bank for a rainy day, then it doesn't make sense here either. It's exactly the same thing. In my example, it's costing £250 a year extra to keep that money in the bank. Some would argue, why not save the difference in the monthlies (£300) and put that away for unexpected costs? You have money in the savings, and you save £750 in interest.
Again, you keep saying 'many others'. Do you have any facts to back up that statement, or are you just arbitrarily saying that because that's your own preference?

And yes, it might not be in positive equity, but it will be in less negative equity than the low deposit example. It will always be a smaller difference than a low deposit finance, up until the end of the agreement.
Duh? No one's debating that.

"it makes no sense for them to pour a huge deposit into a car they might not keep for 4 years"

And again...why? I have demonstrated to you it makes very little difference. If someone wants to put down more upfront and pay much less monthly, then more for them. If you want to put down less and pay much more monthly, then more for you. There are pros and cons to both and neither is 'better'. The only factual difference is that a higher deposit is cheaper....
And I've demonstrated to you, that it makes a difference, based on lifestyle choices, you're just too stubborn to accept someone else's point of view which isn't your own. You say neither is better, but you've already in your previous posts declared a 'better'. Now you're contradicting yourself.

No, he was pointing out to you using your own example where the £9,000 comes from as you didn't, and still don't seem to understand. They make perfect sense. No one's ignoring the monthly cost. The difference between them after a year is that you've lost more if you changed your car in the first year with a higher deposit, than I would have with my lower deposit. You're going round the houses with this, not sure why it's so difficult for you to understand?

Again, you keep saying 'many others'. Do you have any facts to back up that statement, or are you just arbitrarily saying that because that's your own preference?

Duh? No one's debating that.

And I've demonstrated to you, that it makes a difference, based on lifestyle choices, you're just too stubborn to accept someone else's point of view which isn't your own. You say neither is better, but you've already in your previous posts declared a 'better'. Now you're contradicting yourself.

I agree with Panama that this pointless, but I can't stand people telling me that black is white, so...

You are very clearly ignoring the monthly cost. Add the £1700 from the higher deposit (12*146) to the £9000 and the £5700 (12*453) from the lower despot to the £5000.....

They both cost you £10,700. You haven't lost more by putting down a higher deposit. That is a fact! Saying that one was £9000 and the other was £5000 is completely meaningless. By quoting them, you are ignoring the monthly cost. You can't ignore the fact you paid £5700 (and £1700) as well.

I'm not ignoring your point of view. I've accepted it many times. You're the one that is ignoring the other point of view of someone putting down a higher deposit.

I'm not saying either it better. Both have their pros and cons. That is not having an opinion, that is just understanding all options.

I've demonstrated neither have very different costs, even after one year. That is a fact.

I've demonstrated that you get charged less interest on a higher deposit, and therefore pay less with a higher deposit. That is a fact.

You are saying higher deposit costs more. This is factually wrong.

You are saying that putting lower deposit is better. That is your opinion. You fail to accept that other people have a differing opinion of putting down higher deposits, for all the reasons I've listed, cheaper interest, interest charges costs more than bank saving interest, etc. (while ironically having a go at me for not accepting other points of view...).

Now please just let it go....

Reactions: deanshaw24, Djs3saloon, Jassyo06 and 5 others
@Jassy0o6
I am glad you have made a decision and vooodooo will be best choice and it will look really nice .
Are you still going to the Dom for a holiday ?

If the ****** prices come down....l will be,one holiday i was looking at has risen by £332 per person just overnight ....its worse than the Stock Markets

Reactions: Rob2k68
Can't lock it till the car actually arrives :)

Yeah mate...be nice to keep this Thread and l will post any updates on the car from here on..here and photos when l get them.

Ps....l spoke to the Mrs about the RS3....She replied do what you like....honestly she did....but l a can live how l am just now with another S3......no financial pressure or sacrificing my lifestyle...No brainer

Reactions: PanamaS3, Snake Pliskin, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
I agree with Panama that this pointless, but I can't stand people telling me that black is white, so...

You are very clearly ignoring the monthly cost. Add the £1700 from the higher deposit (12*146) to the £9000 and the £5700 (12*453) from the lower despot to the £5000.....

They both cost you £10,700. You haven't lost more by putting down a higher deposit. That is a fact! Saying that one was £9000 and the other was £5000 is completely meaningless. By quoting them, you are ignoring the monthly cost. You can't ignore the fact you paid £5700 (and £1700) as well.

I'm not ignoring your point of view. I've accepted it many times. You're the one that is ignoring the other point of view of someone putting down a higher deposit.

I'm not saying either it better. Both have their pros and cons. That is not having an opinion, that is just understanding all options.

I've demonstrated neither have very different costs, even after one year. That is a fact.

I've demonstrated that you get charged less interest on a higher deposit, and therefore pay less with a higher deposit. That is a fact.

You are saying higher deposit costs more. This is factually wrong.

You are saying that putting lower deposit is better. That is your opinion. You fail to accept that other people have a differing opinion of putting down higher deposits, for all the reasons I've listed, cheaper interest, interest charges costs more than bank saving interest, etc. (while ironically having a go at me for not accepting other points of view...).

Now please just let it go....

Hey guys,whilst we are on about finance,there's several reasons why l put a larger deposit on a car,firstly l am old fashioned and work on a monthly budget,secondly as me and the Mrs...thoughts where....paying a smaller deposit with high monthlies....risks the chance of you having the car finance refused as your borrowing more,higher monthlies= higher risk of default in our opinion,but everyone is different especially this generation....Lemonade income with a Champagne lifestyle

Reactions: PanamaS3, TDI-line, Jcbmally and 2 others
Haha, busy building extension to please the missus. A4 is nice but,,,,,,,,,,,,,, starting to fancy a change again, something a bit more fun maybe.

Keep us posted on here mate always nice to hear from ya

Reactions: Jcbmally and Rob2k68
If the ****** prices come down....l will be,one holiday i was looking at has risen by £332 per person just overnight ....its worse than the Stock Markets

I found that as well, we booked our and it increased as we were filling in our details! Then it had gone up again after we'd booked it!

I found that as well, we booked our and it increased as we were filling in our details! Then it had gone up again after we'd booked it!

Hotel we where in June basic cost was £790 each....11 nights Sea view room.....Same hotel 16th of Sept.....same room but just for a week basic holiday £1079...each....makes the RS3 look a bargain....lol

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Hotel we where in June basic cost was £790 each....11 nights Sea view room.....Same hotel 16th of Sept.....same room but just for a week basic holiday £1079...each....makes the RS3 look a bargain....lol

We paid just over £2k for the 3 of us for a week half board so wasn't too bad I don't suppose.

My Brother-in-law owns his own travel company. He'll sort you out.

Reactions: AudiNutta and Jassyo06
We paid just over £2k for the 3 of us for a week half board so wasn't too bad I don't suppose.

Mrs wouldnt do half board mate...She's a Jakeball Wino....me....??? l dont touch the stuff on holiday honestly l dont.....:wtf:

Reactions: David McQueen, Jcbmally, Audi Bairn and 1 other person