A3/S3 delivery lead time?

Ordered an A3 45 TFSIe S Line Competition through my employer on 14th March, confirmed as ordered with Audi dealership on 17th March.

Was quoted 30th November for delivery, have now been told it's pushed back to January '24.

Seems crazy that there is still such large delays!
Email from Audi manager today to say my car has been given a provisional build week of 41, w/c 9th October

Assuming all goes to plan, when would I expect to receive it based on this build week? First Audi so very unsure of the whole process!

I noticed the posts about cars coming into Grimsby. Do they split them North and South?

How does this affect Audi's?

I assummed they'd use one port for arrivals from Germany.

I'm waiting on a Q5 Sportback. Was completed at the end of August but has three ships : Mexico to US, US to Germany, Germany to UK.

All I've had is the email to say it's built so am in the dark currently.
I believe Audis are delivered to Tyne and Grimsby! It might just be Grimsby but don’t take my word for it.

Email from Audi manager today to say my car has been given a provisional build week of 41, w/c 9th October

Assuming all goes to plan, when would I expect to receive it based on this build week? First Audi so very unsure of the whole process!
I've had the same thing through LeasePlan. Was meant to be week 39, got pushed to week 40, then 41, at which point I asked if they actually had a clue or were just fobbing me off.

Long story short they spoke to the dealer and they said it could be end of Jan now. Which I think is ******** as well and they're just saying that to keep me on the hook.

I'm honestly not expecting it to turn up before March. But I think they know that if they were honest with me then I'd cancel. But if they can keep me until Jan, then by that point I may as well keep waiting.

I've had the same thing through LeasePlan. Was meant to be week 39, got pushed to week 40, then 41, at which point I asked if they actually had a clue or were just fobbing me off.

Long story short they spoke to the dealer and they said it could be end of Jan now. Which I think is ******** as well and they're just saying that to keep me on the hook.

I'm honestly not expecting it to turn up before March. But I think they know that if they were honest with me then I'd cancel. But if they can keep me until Jan, then by that point I may as well keep waiting.
Ugh... mine is through them too. When did you order, and what spec did you order? Mine is 45 TFSIe w/ comfort&sound pack.

Ah as it’s been 2 weeks since my final checks email and I was hoping it was on ship by now so maybe it is and I just haven’t that the email
I am at the same stage as you. I think we both got the build complete confirmations on the same day.

I am at the same stage as you. I think we both got the build complete confirmations on the same day.
I just wana know how long, if it’s still not on the ship it’s gona be at least 3 weeks isn’t it? Or is it only about a week once on ship?

I just wana know how long, if it’s still not on the ship it’s gona be at least 3 weeks isn’t it? Or is it only about a week once on ship
Agree with you. I am hoping its 3 weeks from when we got the built confirmation so I am thinking next week we should get another email to confirm its in the uk

Agree with you. I am hoping its 3 weeks from when we got the built confirmation so I am thinking next week we should get another email to confirm its in the uk
My dealer said yday it’s still waiting for a ship but their updates might bd just as vague as ours

Ugh... mine is through them too. When did you order, and what spec did you order? Mine is 45 TFSIe w/ comfort&sound pack.
Mine is the 40 TFSIe Sport. Ordered 20th March through work, estimated delivery 30th November originally but now more likely end of Jan.

Like I said though, I can guarantee it won't be end of Jan. It'll March/April at the absolute earliest.

I believe Audis are delivered to Tyne and Grimsby! It might just be Grimsby but don’t take my word for it.
On another forum a guy waiting on a q5 has been told the delay is due to Sheerness. There's definitely some Audi's coming through there based on the news article but information seems scant.

It's now 3 weeks since my last email from Audi UK - Final Checks done.

I emailed my local Audi on Tuesday and again yesterday - to see if they had further information. I had no reply.

I phoned this morning and am now awaiting a call back.

Audi communications leave a lot to be desired.
Still heard nothing from Audi UK .......

I know my car is in the UK. I had to call into my dealership to find out and was told it would likely be 3 to 4 weeks before it's available.

It seems 7 to around 14 days is the ' usual ' time from UK docks to dealerships.

I've subsequently been informed - by email - that my car will be available at the start of October. My guess is that it will be early October.

My thinking is that all the UK dealerships will have hit their September sales figures - new reg release - and will be holding off any handovers until October - to reflect better on that months sales figures.

Reactions: Scotty
Trying to get some clarity and can't seem to find the answer anywhere... do 2023 A3's still come with a flat bottom wheel, or is it all round? I could have sworn when I ordered mine it said flat bottom, but every video I've seen online they're all round.

My dealer said yday it’s still waiting for a ship but their updates might bd just as vague as ours
Checked in with the dealer today and they said its still sitting in Emden and there are delays due to weather.

I have been informed by select car leasing that the reason I've had no update on my car since ordering is because "there is a hold on some vehicles at the factory that is due to be lifted this week". Has anyone else heard anything about this because it seems very random like the only thing I can think of is that they're having parts issues or something?

Trying to get some clarity and can't seem to find the answer anywhere... do 2023 A3's still come with a flat bottom wheel, or is it all round? I could have sworn when I ordered mine it said flat bottom, but every video I've seen online they're all round.
MINES A 35TDI BLACK EDITION TECH PACK PRO AND HAS FLAT WHEEL

I believe Sport and S-Line come with round steering wheel as standard, Black Edition and Vorsprung are Flat bottomed (but can spec round as no cost option).

I've driven both and I prefer the look of the flat bottom wheel, but in practical day to day use I actually prefer using the round

I believe Sport and S-Line come with round steering wheel as standard, Black Edition and Vorsprung are Flat bottomed (but can spec round as no cost option).

I've driven both and I prefer the look of the flat bottom wheel, but in practical day to day use I actually prefer using the round
The steering wheel on the ‘Vorsprung’ is round!

MINES A 35TDI BLACK EDITION TECH PACK PRO AND HAS FLAT WHEEL

I've ordered an 45 TFSIe S-Line Competition, as that was the max spec for the model I ordered, anyone know if this one has the flat bottom wheel, maybe someone here has ordered one and can advise?

Im guessing its the same as other models where if you have ACC/ Lane departure warning or a heated wheel then they've only developed the touch sensing on the round wheels.

So say the ship left Germany today for Grimsby, how long does the journey take? Just a day or two? And then most of the wait time is how long a transporter takes to pick the cars up from the dock compound? I still haven’t been told my car is shipped so I’m trying to work out how long it’s going to be til I get the car

Yeah, there was no option to change it either when i ordered my Vorsprung.
Preferred the flat bottom wheel on my old S3 black edition!
You can't have a flat bottom on the Vorsprung due to the Driver Assistance Pack - You can on the Cupra though!!

Well, waiting to hear from the dealer today. They told me when they do the updates today they'll be able to see if my car has froze into production ready to start build on w/c 9th October... everything crossed!!

My A3 TFSIe 40 S-line was given an estimated week of W/C 27/11/2023 with a delivery of mid December. Given it’s 2 months from that week and the build slot has still not been confirmed, should I expect it to be pushed back from the estimated week again? Or would I not receive confirmation of the build slot until nearer the time?

My A3 TFSIe 40 S-line was given an estimated week of W/C 27/11/2023 with a delivery of mid December. Given it’s 2 months from that week and the build slot has still not been confirmed, should I expect it to be pushed back from the estimated week again? Or would I not receive confirmation of the build slot until nearer the time?
My dealer told me they get frozen into the build week around 4 weeks prior, so you should contact your deal around beginning of November to see if it's been frozen in or not.

Reactions: E_6267773
Well, waiting to hear from the dealer today. They told me when they do the updates today they'll be able to see if my car has froze into production ready to start build on w/c 9th October... everything crossed!!
Any luck with this today mate?

Unfortunately not yet, although they have been pretty pants at replying same-day so I'll give them until tomorrow and send a chaser. As soon as I hear I'll post it here.

Received a reply this morning, the car is now frozen into the build week so it will not move build weeks from here. Guaranteed to start building w/c 9th Oct. Mine was a 45 TFSIe S Line Competition w/ Comfort & Sound Pack.

Hope yours gets frozen soon! :)

Received a reply this morning, the car is now frozen into the build week so it will not move build weeks from here. Guaranteed to start building w/c 9th Oct. Mine was a 45 TFSIe S Line Competition w/ Comfort & Sound Pack.

Hope yours gets frozen soon! :)
That's great news mate. Well happy for you. Should be early December delivery then hopefully. Nice little early Christmas present.

Yeah hopefully I'll hear soon as well

That's great news mate. Well happy for you. Should be early December delivery then hopefully. Nice little early Christmas present.

Yeah hopefully I'll hear soon as well
I'm hoping earlier than that... mid-late November would be nice!

Let us know how you get on mate.

An update, picked up my car today this would be 4 weeks after final checks email, buzzing with it! hope you all have your cars with you soon, definitely worth the wait, best of luck to you all!
990ABF1F A0AF 494D 8F04 94D085F7557A

Reactions: engies, BGG, JJINANAUDI and 2 others
My dealer says mines still waiting for a ship. is the dealers info accurate? Or could it already be on its way and the dealers don’t get accurate updates same as we don’t?

My dealer says mines still waiting for a ship. is the dealers info accurate? Or could it already be on its way and the dealers don’t get accurate updates same as we don’t?
I received email from Audi UK saying my car has arrived in the UK so 3 weeks 4 days since email confirming built.

I received email from Audi UK saying my car has arrived in the UK so 3 weeks 4 days since email confirming built.
How long did it take from the start of the build until you got the email saying it was in the UK? My dealer advised me up to 10 weeks which seems like a long time.

How long did it take from the start of the build until you got the email saying it was in the UK? My dealer advised me up to 10 weeks which seems like a long time.
7 weeks for my order

Reactions: jdw2525