Tracking our new RS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone suggested I tried Cazoo, they’ve offered me £38,125! Unbelievable.

Reactions: NevMan, RS3ree, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
The salesman said to me when I collected my car a few weeks ago that I could sell it straight away for £10k profit!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: NevMan, Mr Freeze and Snake Pliskin
I just got a price off Motorway for my car 2019 S3 22600 miles £27249 I think I'd be better off private
Mines higher on wbac this week than on motor way but it was the other way round last week.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and NevMan
It would already be gone if it were mine :laughing:

Ha ha!

I didn’t know “flipping cars” was a thing ‘til he told me and apparently they black list people who do it

Thing is I need a car, wanted this one and whatever else you look at is either going to take months to come or is built and overpriced.

So ultimately you get into a position like moving house where you may make money on the house you’re selling but have to spend more to get into the new one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06
Ha ha!

I didn’t know “flipping cars” was a thing ‘til he told me and apparently they black list people who do it

Thing is I need a car, wanted this one and whatever else you look at is either going to take months to come or is built and overpriced.

So ultimately you get into a position like moving house where you may make money on the house you’re selling but have to spend more to get into the new one

Yes I get where you're coming from mate I'd still sell it tho :laughing:

I am currently in that position with my house it as more or less doubled in price but the ones we look at are another 150k on top of that :sadlike: nightmare

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
DBC63E8B 7BAE 4BBE B7D3 9FD0C8F93EF6

Popular Moto journalist says he’ll get his hands on the RS3 mid Oct. Should start to see some more media content appearing the. First drives etc.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and RS3ree
View attachment 243762
Popular Moto journalist says he’ll get his hands on the RS3 mid Oct. Should start to see some more media content appearing the. First drives etc.

very nice photo ... that bodes well for my carbon saloon in Daytona looking at that S3 :icon thumright:

Reactions: HulkRS3
It’s crazy times. I was looking at used macan gts but they were fetching well above list price even at 18 months old. I did a webuy quote just out of interest and they were offering £14k more than list price for a 18 month old example off autotrader. I’ve actually had an email to say the price has gone up too. So I joined the queue for a new one
My s3 has gone up in price again to today. I think im going to have sell and use my van until I take delivery next year

Question is, do you hold out a bit longer and see if it rises again? If I sell to Cazoo now I won’t even have to touch my savings for the deposit for the RS3. Bonkers.

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Snake Pliskin and NevMan
Question is, do you hold out a bit longer and see if it rises again? If I sell to Cazoo now I won’t even have to touch my savings for the deposit for the RS3. Bonkers.
I just wish I had a crystal ball. Now 3 years old the s3 is paid off so if it holds value it costs me nothing to keep it aside from road tax and insurance. But if it drops 2-3k (was worth £2600 less in May) then it’s a much bigger cost

Reactions: Mr Freeze

Yes, depends how much of a gambler you are. Likely to not change (used prices coming down/stopping to rise) until Mar 22 deliveries I would have thought. Some saying earlier and others mid 22.

I think they will hold firm for the rest of this year certainly

Reactions: NevMan
f199732f52b0c3302f791ca9263ae16d.png

Reactions: Pinky1959, Snake Pliskin, 3vans and 2 others
I was content with pulling out of my order but now I keep watching vids and reading post on here my heads gone and I want back in

If I call up and order tomorrow am I at the back of a ridiculous queue?? I’d take June at this point

• Haha
We’ll, just had some rather annoying feedback from my local dealership regarding organising my test drive in the RS3…

Initially he was happy with me taking an extended test drive like I’ve done with all other cars I’ve had from them, now not so much. Apparently everyone is limited to an hour maximum ‘to limit mileage on the demo car for resale’. Mad. I.e. they don’t want you putting miles on a Launch Edition car so they can make sure to sell it for plenty after, rather than letting customers actually experience a car before they drop £50-65k on one.

We’ll, just had some rather annoying feedback from my local dealership regarding organising my test drive in the RS3…

Initially he was happy with me taking an extended test drive like I’ve done with all other cars I’ve had from them, now not so much. Apparently everyone is limited to an hour maximum ‘to limit mileage on the demo car for resale’. Mad. I.e. they don’t want you putting miles on a Launch Edition car so they can make sure to sell it for plenty after, rather than letting customers actually experience a car before they drop £50-65k on one.

Merc A45s was same.
We went to Merc flagship showroom in Stockport to get a test drive after it was launched, they insisted we book it and it was limited to 3 miles.
Having a giraffe.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, NevMan and Daggerit
Merc A45s was same.
We went to Merc flagship showroom in Stockport to get a test drive after it was launched, they insisted we book it and it was limited to 3 miles.
Having a giraffe.

Total sh!t, all other Audis I’ve had allowed me to do an overnight, even brand new models.

Merc A45s was same.
Having a giraffe.

3 miles!!! . Here are the keys back, sorry, I have done 33 miles

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin, 8YARWY and Daggerit
3 miles!!! . Here are the keys back, sorry, I have done 33 miles

Yeah, I might accidentally go over my alloyed hour. What are they going to do?

Reactions: NevMan
Put us right off buying one.

Macclesfield were no better either.

I might ask some other dealership and see what they say. Last time I got a test drive I did like 160 miles and they didn’t care at all.

Is it time I let the car go….

3f2c6e3db9aa73c6f3727ea2654e0751.jpg

Reactions: Jassyo06, NevMan, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
What would you buy next ?

That’s the problem. After 550 hp anything else feels a bit pedestrian it’d take me a week to remove the mods.

Reactions: Jassyo06, NevMan, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person

May least they are offering demos .. it’s crazy times atm mate

Is it time I let the car go….

3f2c6e3db9aa73c6f3727ea2654e0751.jpg

Wowzers…..I would probably sell
Bank the cash and get a new one when all settles down…challenge is getting a “runaround”

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Mr Freeze and 8YARWY
Yeah, I might accidentally go over my alloyed hour. What are they going to do?

Tell you off, now you wouldn’t want that would you

Reactions: Daggerit

As crap as that is, you can understand their position… stock is so limited they need to protect the value of the stock they do have.

That being said, would you “sacrifice” one car for the prospect of multiple orders…? I would especially as the hit in value will be small for the number of miles different it would amount to…

As **** as that is, you can understand their position… stock is so limited they need to protect the value of the stock they do have.

That being said, would you “sacrifice” one car for the prospect of multiple orders…? I would especially as the hit in value will be small for the number of miles different it would amount to…

I think they could put 2-3k on it and still sell it for almost retail in March given the cost of used cars right now…

Also, if I had it over night I wouldn’t be rushing to put miles on it because I know I have plenty time with it. If you put 8 people in it over 8 hours it would be driving that whole time. If I had it for 8 hours I imagine I would maybe only be doing 2-4 hours total as there’s other stuff I’d like to try with it like kids seats and all sorts. So really I think it’s a bit of a stupid argument in reality.

And I’ll definitely be driving it for the solid hour.

I think they could put 2-3k on it and still sell it for almost retail in March given the cost of used cars right now…

Also, if I had it over night I wouldn’t be rushing to put miles on it because I know I have plenty time with it. If you put 8 people in it over 8 hours it would be driving that whole time. If I had it for 8 hours I imagine I would maybe only be doing 2-4 hours total as there’s other stuff I’d like to try with it like kids seats and all sorts. So really I think it’s a bit of a stupid argument in reality.

And I’ll definitely be driving it for the solid hour.

there will be some ‘well run in’ launch editions for sale come the New Year then :tearsofjoy:

there will be some ‘well run in’ launch editions for sale come the New Year then :tearsofjoy:
For sure! I don't think that I'd want one if a dealership was the first owner because I'd know people will have thrashed it during demos...

I think Dealerships are correct in the fact of keeping mileage down on any new car right now they also know the RS3 Sells itself ...as is the case for everyone who has pre ordered one all you lot.....lol demo cars mileage is normally kept under 4k miles, when RS3s arrive Audi dealership cars will be kept for far far longer ....until normality returns which won't happen for some time
As for car valuations my cars value has jumped up by £500 to bang on £50,000 but hey ho....

Last edited:
Reactions: Daggerit and Snake Pliskin
I think Dealerships are correct in the fact of keeping mileage down on any new car right now they also know the RS3 Sells itself ...as is the case for everyone who has pre ordered one all you lot.....lol demo cars mileage is normally kept under 4k miles, when RS3s arrive Audi dealership cars will be kept for far far longer ....until normality returns which won't happen for some time
As for car valuations my cars value has jumped up by £500 to bang on £50,000 but hey ho....

Maybe, but it leaves a bad taste in the mouth of the buyer if they won’t even allow for a reasonable length test before you blow £65k on one. People have put in orders for them but there’s plenty time to cancel if they went for a test drive and found something they just couldn’t get on with.

Maybe, but it leaves a bad taste in the mouth of the buyer if they won’t even allow for a reasonable length test before you blow £65k on one. People have put in orders for them but there’s plenty time to cancel if they went for a test drive and found something they just couldn’t get on with.

Go test drive a S3 8y and then imagine it being a bit faster after 40 mph same car just more powerful... same interior but just different in small ways,the S3 even has the 5 cylinder note piped into the cabin

Reactions: Daggerit and Snake Pliskin
@Daggerit it is pretty much as Jassy says to be fair ... if you can get an S3 test drives atm !

if you can get on with an S3 then the RS just amps things up to another level.

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Jassyo06 and Daggerit
I am going to make a little video update on the order process tonight.

I would appreciate it if anyone who has a build week or has had it moved can just let me know in reply to this please so I can talk about some real examples!

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Daggerit
Status
Not open for further replies.