Tracking our new RS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
what dealerships are they at ?
I don’t know pal as theyll have already been ordered etc now, I chose my LE 6/8 weeks ago and couldn’t see

just very disappointing to see the first customer car flipped like that but it is what it is I guess :blink:

Reactions: Mr Freeze
Lol at Oldham now

Going on a test drive of their black car

a795e51a793d250b99718022344399c9.jpg

e3cfd527ec574c75db2b29535471da4d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Patrickv, pburv, Snake Pliskin and 8 others
Lol at Oldham now

Going on a test drive of their black car

a795e51a793d250b99718022344399c9.jpg

e3cfd527ec574c75db2b29535471da4d.jpg

I was told no test drive until its registered ? What do you think of the back door cards hollow scratchy plastic :grimacing:

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and NevMan
It looks very nice, I'm sure you will like it.... but enough to move from your Stage 2 8V.. that's the question.

Reactions: NevMan
I think I’m going to stick with my Vorsprung order and see if anything like phone box and 360 camera come back before my build slot eventually happens.

If much more is removed I might have second thoughts though. As pointed out before, the Vorsprung isn’t far off a LE spec now.

Reactions: Patrickv
The difference between the Carbon / Vorsprung Sportback is only £2600 .
The Vorsprung makes more sense with the spec you get over the Carbon edition .
You just need to decide what is easier to live with the horrendous rear wing on the Carbon or the horrendous steering wheel on the Vorsprung .
Personally I'd take the Vorsprung .

Reactions: Patrickv, cooperp, 3vans and 1 other person
So regarding that phone box and 360 camera is dropped from the vorsprung, So let’s get this straight, extra £2500 from carbon onto vorsprung. It’s usually only £1000 for pan roof so the other £1500 gets you auto boot? And on that saving too we would now get the better wheels, flat bottom steering wheel, and all the carbon goodies? (Roof spoiler, mirror caps, engine bay parts, sideskirts)

Edit: I forgot about the HUD also

Reactions: NevMan
I’m thinking about now changing to carbon, saving £2500, getting better stuff on it, and getting it much much sooner by the sounds of it.

Reactions: FBF01 and NevMan
I’m thinking about now changing to carbon, saving £2500, getting better stuff on it, and getting it much much sooner by the sounds of it.
You don't even get C+S on the carbon .
For £2600 extra you get C+S , Adaptive suspension , HUD , Power Tailgate , Pan Roof , 174 mph Top speed for what its worth and that's off the top of my head .
So its well worth it imo

Reactions: pburv, NevMan, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
One thing I wish it had as most of the Jag/Range Rovers do is remote start from the app so you can pre-climate the car in winter.

Reactions: pburv and Rhurs
I agree the auto trader etc will be littered with them at crazy money before we know it .
Shame as its a spec I'd go for but not at that price
Just do Autotrader and list Golf in decreasing prices, theres some nearly £60K Golf R's out there ***

Reactions: NevMan and Mr Freeze
Did you get a test drive ?

Yes mate. Up the duel carriageway towards the M62 then back around the roundabout and down towards Oldham Audi.

The thing that struck me the most, the deep Bassy tone that was really LOUD in the rear of the cabin it didn’t disappoint.

Whether some is piped into the cabin I cannot say.

Reactions: pburv, Snake Pliskin, NevMan and 4 others
Well it didn’t sound great on first start up……

My TTS sounded better but hey ho the OPF Strangler has hit all new RS model hard VAG have got to strangulate most of their niche performance cars to save the Lambos and the Bentleys from getting choked...is it not true they have got meet a certain production percentage for the EU emissions regs...hence why Ferrari teamed up with Tesla....

**** even the new 992 Turbo S sounds paints

Reactions: pburv, Snake Pliskin, 8YARWY and 3 others
Lol it started chucking it down so I got it wet

4b2d725e661a52a71b4a60680f65eb42.jpg

6abc5116eeb1d0282e7a7e60c17b8b96.jpg

31148d1ace64011fd4cd1427231422a1.jpg

4ac853f579df97b1048062425ff97317.jpg

Reactions: pburv, Snake Pliskin, NevMan and 3 others
Lol it started chucking it down so I got it wet

4b2d725e661a52a71b4a60680f65eb42.jpg

6abc5116eeb1d0282e7a7e60c17b8b96.jpg

31148d1ace64011fd4cd1427231422a1.jpg

4ac853f579df97b1048062425ff97317.jpg

Whats your overall impression, is it good and worth the outlay ?

Reactions: pburv, Snake Pliskin, NevMan and 2 others
T1000, didn't know there was one in Oldham, I'm about 10mins away... Could have had an "exhaust noise" comparison against my old RSQ3 to See how much these stupid OPF exhaust regs have been silenced it
Did that one have the sports exhaust? Those wheels are fugly... Look like they belong on a max power pimped up banger...

Yes mate. Up the duel carriageway towards the M62 then back around the roundabout and down towards Oldham Audi.

The thing that struck me the most, the deep Bassy tone that was really LOUD in the rear of the cabin it didn’t disappoint.

Whether some is piped into the cabin I cannot say.

It will be piped in a 100% said this from the start the bass/noise varies from mode to mode its only when your giving it real welly you will hear the actual engine noise my TT was the same it's a good noise....even in efficiency mode in my TT the noise was piped in ....but more muted

Last edited:
Reactions: pburv, FBF01, NevMan and 1 other person
As we were coming back the car was warmed up, there was a left hand bend coming off the roundabout, so as I was on the paddles in S mode I booted it, could really feel the back end move as the power was sent across.
Even the wife said, “that’s different”

As we were coming back the car was warmed up, there was a left hand bend coming off the roundabout, so as I was on the paddles in S mode I booted it, could really feel the back end move as the power was sent across.
Even the wife said, “that’s different”

"That's Different"....whens the last time the Mrs said that to ya,,,,lol

• Haha
Reactions: pburv, Snake Pliskin, FBF01 and 3 others
Whats your overall impression, is it good and worth the outlay ?

The things that struck me from the drive…

Noise inside, sounds great to me, totally different to mine, deep bassy tones and loud

The way it shuffled the power when coming around that corner was so weird / surprising, I can see it would be a great drive on the back roads if it handles like that.

The black car I drove is a real ‘Frankenstein’ spec though.
Mustakim the sales guy said he’s never seen Audi build cars like this.

061abb07b9706a60e82984258f5b0fb4.jpg

e4d95d0ac0bf225c111aa29225ac7661.jpg

cda3b7231eb18c16311bd9b202794de0.jpg

Reactions: pburv and Jcbmally

Noise inside, sounds great to me, totally different to mine, deep bassy tones and loud

The way it shuffled the power when coming around that corner was so weird / surprising, I can see it would be a great drive on the back roads if it handles like that.

Sounds good then on drivability and noise, I don’t mind a bit of sound in the cabin whether it’s real or synthetic, adds to the excitement IMO.

Reactions: pburv, Snake Pliskin, NevMan and 1 other person

You could of asked how there getting on fixing my SS seat on the S3 while you were there they've had it since last Monday :laughing:

• Haha
Reactions: pburv, Snake Pliskin, 8YARWY and 3 others

Am sold your word is good enough for me ...i'll tell Audi Brighton not cancel my order for the TTRS Vorsprung...lol

Reactions: pburv, Snake Pliskin, 8YARWY and 2 others
Status
Not open for further replies.