Tracking our new RS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to look at it 5 times to make sure I wasn't seeing things they must be on the wind up
It is a joke courtesy of Adam Shervey I spoke with the guy earlier today and said why not make it 100k because your already taking the ****
asking for 80k he said thanks for the advice I will do that and he has :laughing:

• Haha
Reactions: Rhurs
Not sure if this has been posted already, but brace yourselves for the highest energy review/walkaround yet. Archie ain't got nothing on this bird...

It is a joke courtesy of Adam Shervey I spoke with the guy earlier today and said why not make it 100k because your already taking the ****
asking for 80k he said thanks for the advice I will do that and he has :laughing:
He will be laughing even harder if some clown was willing to hand the cash over

Not sure if this has been posted already, but brace yourselves for the highest energy review/walkaround yet. Archie ain't got nothing on this bird...

Thanks, it was very good to see that, as it's what mine should look like, apart from the lights, seats and phone box!

is that a base car or a Frankenstein car ?

Question - does the base car / carbon car come with electric lumbar ( as the one in this video does ) ?

If you didn’t order direct from Audi I doubt you would get any emails from them about the car as the order would be allocated to the lease company (or whoever you ordered through).
Thanks Spinstorm. I should clarify my comment about waiting for further updates. I am fairly relaxed on delivery, so think it helps.
But they pretty much said (or I have taken it as) the next update I get will be when a Build Date is confirmed because at that point they can also predict fairly accurately a delivery date.
So I will just be watching the forum and enjoy my Golf R for first half of 2022.(or later) depending on Audi production progress.

Are those "vegan" seats a UK option? Anyone chose that vs leather?

TX.

Reactions: AndyVWR
I'd say there is still a possibility that all cars may have elec lumbar though ... we will know soon enough.
I have seen no mention of it anywhere in the Base or Carbon Black specs, whereas 4 way lumbar is shown for Vorsprung, along with electric adjustment.
I do not expect it on my Base car and am not too bothered as I do not use it on my current car.

I have seen no mention of it anywhere in the Base or Carbon Black specs, whereas 4 way lumbar is shown for Vorsprung, along with electric adjustment.
I do not expect it on my Base car and am not too bothered as I do not use it on my current car.
I'd agree with that but the video of the car above has no elec seats - but does have elec lumbar.
I'm not that bothered either it was more an observation.

Are those "vegan" seats a UK option? Anyone chose that vs leather?

TX.
I went in to swap to Vegan seats but couldnt change anything as my build date had jumped forward, the demo I drove had Vegan seats and I thought they were ok
Vegan seats std in Europe and Leather +1000 euro, theyre just a no cost option here

I went in to swap to Vegan seats but couldnt change anything as my build date had jumped forward, the demo I drove had Vegan seats and I thought they were ok
Vegan seats std in Europe and Leather +1000 euro, theyre just a no cost option here
I think that is a sneaky move by Audi.
They are a cost uplift of 1,000 euro but in UK it's a no cost option, so Audi pocket the saving ker-ching !

Reactions: Mike.46
I think that is a sneaky move by Audi.
They are a cost uplift of 1,000 euro but in UK it's a no cost option, so Audi pocket the saving ker-ching !

Or the other way of thinking is Audi ain’t charging for the leather uplift

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Hi All, I ordered a Vorsprung on the 12/08 and I have a build date of WK48 (this week I think) I see that some of you are getting updates from Audi UK, how are you doing that as they aren't giving me anything on the chat and just tell me to contact Guildford Audi.

Reactions: 3vans and Mike.46
Hi All, I ordered a Vorsprung on the 12/08 and I have a build date of WK48 (this week I think) I see that some of you are getting updates from Audi UK, how are you doing that as they aren't giving me anything on the chat and just tell me to contact Guildford Audi.
Most of us have gotten emails since yesterday but they don’t mean anything. They are just emails telling us that we have an order basically.

You have to call your dealer to find if there is an update on your order however to be realistic - I got an email and I still have no build date on my own Vorsprung.

I went traveling yesterday to demo an Audi RS3 before mine arrives (just in case I don’t like it and I will not buy a car without a demo drive)

I did this because my dealer assures me that their first car and demo isn’t due until mid January, which is odd because it’s build week is/was36 and mine 'should' be built this week and I dont want a phone call telling me my car is here until I have driven one

I got criticised (on here :) ) a little for checking my dealer a couple of times a week, but that hasn’t stopped me, on today’s walk around check there were two RS3 in their car park, one Frankenstein and one Launch car.

Just goes to show that you just cant believe a word they say………………….

Reactions: Waq1, AndyVWR, 3vans and 3 others
Stafford audi taking it to different levels now hahaha
View attachment 247174

I went traveling yesterday to demo an Audi RS3 before mine arrives (just in case I don’t like it and I will not buy a car without a demo drive)

I did this because my dealer assures me that their first car and demo isn’t due until mid January, which is odd because it’s build week is/was36 and mine 'should' be built this week and I dont want a phone call telling me my car is here until I have driven one

I got criticised (on here :) ) a little for checking my dealer a couple of times a week, but that hasn’t stopped me, on today’s walk around check there were two RS3 in their car park, one Frankenstein and one Launch car.

off course they no nothing :D

Maybe they’re just not allowed to register them until January? That’s the only thing I can think of?

Maybe they’re just not allowed to register them until January? That’s the only thing I can think of?

One is registered now, one still in transport mode as in v high, both are different colours to 'their first car and demo'

Theres stuff as in swapping cars going on between dealers in the same group to hide the fact they are selling the demo cars........of course only imho :)

Reactions: Daggerit
I also came to the opinion that the silver trim suits a Turbo blue car better than the black trim and wheels, yesterdays car was Turbo blue with silver trim (On AT now) todays car Turbo blue Launch didnt look as nice :(

One is registered now, one still in transport mode as in v high, both are different colours to 'their first car and demo'

Theres stuff as in swapping cars going on between dealers in the same group to hide the fact they are selling the demo cars........of course only imho :)

Fair enough, kinda blows my theory out of the water then.

Fair enough, kinda blows my theory out of the water then.

I just really wonder if they're selling customers cars on to make a quick buck when they have a dealer car, or even another buyers car 7-8 weeks away and moving everyone down a slot ?

The ''Sorry to inform you that your car has slipped another 8 weeks'' could translate to ''We have sold you car in advance for a vast profit because we are greedy tw*ts and it might slip again if we can still sell over list in another 8 weeks'''

• Angry
Reactions: 3vans, Rhurs, Pinky1959 and 1 other person
I just really wonder if they're selling customers cars on to make a quick buck when they have a dealer car, or even another buyers car 7-8 weeks away and moving everyone down a slot ?

The ''Sorry to inform you that your car has slipped another 8 weeks'' could translate to ''We have sold you car in advance for a vast profit because we are greedy tw*ts and it might slip again if we can still sell over list in another 8 weeks'''

I wouldn’t be surprised to be honest. People have waited this long so less suspicious for another delay…

Lol. A 12 year old presents.

Reactions: Mr Freeze and Jassyo06

Swapping between dealers in the same group does happen - mine was one of them. The group were allocated x3 LEs and I took the black saloon of the 3 - that wasn’t due at my local dealer (turbo blue hatch was) so they swapped it so I could get my black car.

It that’s it’s worked so far as i still haven’t got mine

What are the chances I will get a call tomorrow with an update…

You were right to keep popping into the dealers in search of car.
Early November when I directly asked, the answer was our car is due to come in January.
well two weeks ago decided to pop in, and first car thru door was RS3.
it does seem dealers are either unable to answer simple question or they just don’t know what is appearing for their dealerships.

Lol Crewe Audi description of the steering wheel on their 65k turbo blue car.

I spat out my coffee on getting to this part

IMG 7162

• Haha
Reactions: Prodigy, Jcbmally, Mr Freeze and 7 others
I have spoken to Shrewsbury Audi again today there is no news on Vorsprung Models, If I want to change the spec it would have to be a new order and would be more expensive than my original order! They did say they have never had a car that's available to order not been allocated a build date! They say Audi are just waiting for parts. You would have hoped they had those parts before they took my order in August.

• Sad
Reactions: RS03??? and 3vans
I have spoken to Shrewsbury Audi again today there is no news on Vorsprung Models, If I want to change the spec it would have to be a new order and would be more expensive than my original order! They did say they have never had a car that's available to order not been allocated a build date! They say Audi are just waiting for parts. You would have hoped they had those parts before they took my order in August.
Read somewhere, VW group announced, that by November chip supply should be better. Then recent update may be in 2022. Just have to wait in misery.

Reactions: Patrickv
Read somewhere, VW group announced, that by November chip supply should be better. Then recent update may be in 2022. Just have to wait in misery.
I have heard that BOSCH has opened their own semiconductor plant which will be at full capacity by summer 2022. I hope when parts become available the oldest orders are produced first. I also hope the phone box and 360 camera is added back in.

Reactions: Jcbmally and RS03???
Most knew this prior to ordering well they should have known the situation with silicon chip shortages which have been world wide all of 2021!! also its been known on here for a good 3/4 weeks that changing an order on or after December 1st they would incur the new price increases

Reactions: Waq1 and NevMan
Status
Not open for further replies.