Tracking our new RS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
See the JLR group are now quoting new customer's a 18 month lead time on a lot of models ....makes Audi look efficient

Reactions: NevMan
i think all launch edition will be for sale around march 2022

i have been told delivery of Vorsprung by june 2022

Last edited:
i think all lunch edition will be for sale around march 2022

i have been told delivery of vorsbrung by june 2022

Wtf is Lunch edition or vorsbrung ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: Waq1, FBF01, NevMan and 5 others
Oh that made me laugh....says me in bed with a ****** back .......

I thought he’d been on the sherry

Reactions: NevMan, Mr Freeze, Jcbmally and 1 other person
i think all launch edition will be for sale around march 2022

i have been told delivery of Vorsprung by june 2022
I think you’re right on that. I placed an order for a Vorsprung late Nov. I enquired about buying the LE they had and was told that they couldn’t sell until around March. Apparently I have first refusal on that. I’ll likely wait for a brand new one.

I think you’re right on that. I placed an order for a Vorsprung late Nov. I enquired about buying the LE they had and was told that they couldn’t sell until around March. Apparently I have first refusal on that. I’ll likely wait for a brand new one.
yeah I think if I should wait or order new one

Reactions: Eagle00
I think the only thing against an ex demo car these days is demo drives are un accompanied and I hate to think just how many times a demo car would get launched over a 3 month period. Iv'e had a good handfull of ex demo cars over the years without any issues, but with launch control I think I would swerve one :)

Reactions: RS03???
I think the only thing against an ex demo car these days is demo drives are un accompanied and I hate to think just how many times a demo car would get launched over a 3 month period. Iv'e had a good handfull of ex demo cars over the years without any issues, but with launch control I think I would swerve one :)
i mean more like ex display demo then , demo with 3k or 5k on the clock :)

i test drive one but never used launch control

Apparently Launch Editions aren’t being built anymore as they can’t get the parts.

My car has dropped from status 20 to 10 and been punted to week 14 now so anyone with a Vorsprung check again as I think you’ll find your cars slipped.

Or it’s just mine.

Either way this stuff from Audi is starting to wear me down a bit.

JLR may have delivery issues but if dealers were caught selling new cars to resellers they could get in a lot of trouble for it, Audi don’t seem to care at all. I know JLR dealers at the moment are marking up pre-registered cars like demos though, they’re not allowed to sell new cars above RRP.

• Sad
Reactions: Jcbmally, 3vans and RS03???

Funny you should say that, I tried launch control yesterday and couldn’t get it to work. I’m not sure if it’s been disabled somehow?

Did the usual. Dynamic, made sure the gearbox was in ‘S’, everything was warm, steering straight, tried all varieties of traction control settings and nothing. Revs would build a bit then the Rev counter would just flash red the whole length and revs would drop again. Maybe user error but I don’t know, I’ve never struggled before.

Reactions: Mike.46
... or maybe the car has reached its fabled 200 launch limit already lol

Reactions: NevMan, RS03???, Terminator x and 1 other person
Funny you should say that, I tried launch control yesterday and couldn’t get it to work. I’m not sure if it’s been disabled somehow?

Did the usual. Dynamic, made sure the gearbox was in ‘S’, everything was warm, steering straight, tried all varieties of traction control settings and nothing. Revs would build a bit then the Rev counter would just flash red the whole length and revs would drop again. Maybe user error but I don’t know, I’ve never struggled before.

Our Golf wont do a launch until the gbox is warm enough, normally about 10 minutes after the engine oil gets to 90/100c
But yes I guess there could be a disable mode through Audi diagnostics

They haven't told me porkies...and you'll soon forget the wait once you've got the car...eh....?so how long has the wait been?

Tongue in cheek really as I think it’s more that the dealers just don’t know!

Was meant to be built 13th September so 3 months so far. Will be 4 by the time it arrives based on the last update, but we shall see.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Apparently Launch Editions aren’t being built anymore as they can’t get the parts.

My car has dropped from status 20 to 10 and been punted to week 14 now so anyone with a Vorsprung check again as I think you’ll find your cars slipped.

Or it’s just mine.

Either way this stuff from Audi is starting to wear me down a bit

Is your a launch edition?

I would have thought all of them have been built now so that’s likely why there aren’t anymore being built… not all of them have been finished but I will gloss over that

Our Golf wont do a launch until the gbox is warm enough, normally about 10 minutes after the engine oil gets to 90/100c
But yes I guess there could be a disable mode through Audi diagnostics

I’d been driving for about 50 miles by the time I checked it and the screen that allows you to check temperatures was saying everything was up to temperature.

The main reason I’m wondering about it being disabled is that there were a couple functions that didn’t work. The adaptive cruise came up with an error saying it was disabled due to it being a demo car. And the screen when you started it said the same and asked you to continue as a guest each time.

Reactions: Mike.46 and NevMan
I’d been driving for about 50 miles by the time I checked it and the screen that allows you to check temperatures was saying everything was up to temperature.

The main reason I’m wondering about it being disabled is that there were a couple functions that didn’t work. The adaptive cruise came up with an error saying it was disabled due to it being a demo car. And the screen when you started it said the same and asked you to continue as a guest each time.

Could be in transport/showroom mode still.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Daggerit

I don’t think so, that gives constant reminders doesn’t it? This one just said on the MMI screen on startup that it was a demo car and you had to continue as a guest. Then one message flashed up on the VC when I tried to adjust the distance setting of the ACC.

I’d like to think they’d taken it off transport mode with it having done almost 2k miles, but you never know with Audi I suppose!

I'm sure transport mode only gives 23mph?

I wonder if there is a 'demo car' mode that dealers can put the car into?

Reactions: 3vans
I don’t think so, that gives constant reminders doesn’t it? This one just said on the MMI screen on startup that it was a demo car and you had to continue as a guest. Then one message flashed up on the VC when I tried to adjust the distance setting of the ACC.

I’d like to think they’d taken it off transport mode with it having done almost 2k miles, but you never know with Audi I suppose!

Lol just a theory.

Who knows though without access to a 8Y.

When / if I get mine I’ll be plugging it in to have a nosy.

Reactions: Mike.46
The demos at franchises I would imagine are only going to let you drive if your order is placed with them or agreeing to purchase off them?
Well that’s the case with Staffords 100k one, they invited me down For a demo when I got there refused me a drive unless Committed to purchase, Went to get up and walk out and had a bit of a argument over missing a days work and being misled, How can I commit to a car without a test drive that’s the whole purpose of a test drive, I then had to agree to purchase after the test drive if I liked it, obviously I loved it That’s why I purchased one several months from somewhere else, but didn’t like there one in white:grinning:

Reactions: Mike.46 and Jassyo06
The demos at franchises I would imagine are only going to let you drive if your order is placed with them or agreeing to purchase off them?
Well that’s the case with Staffords 100k one, they invited me down For a demo when I got there refused me a drive unless Committed to purchase, Went to get up and walk out and had a bit of a argument over missing a days work and being misled, How can I commit to a car without a test drive that’s the whole purpose of a test drive, I then had to agree to purchase after the test drive if I liked it, obviously I loved it That’s why I purchased one several months from somewhere else, but didn’t like there one in white:grinning:
Try Crewe Audi, :)
Or, commit to Purchase, take the drive and then say ''I dont like it, its not for me, the boots too small for my big dog''.......loads of ways out :)

• Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally and Rs31981
I was having the same issue with my dealer not having a demo car, or more likely jumping on the greed bandwagon and selling it, they said their demo due mid Jan, I guess that will also 'slip' if cars are still going for silly money and they sell the next demo on as well

Try Crewe Audi, :)
Or, commit to Purchase, take the drive and then say ''I dont like it, its not for me, the boots too small for my big dog''.......loads of ways out :)
Yeah I agree,
Got to go out in it but in all fairness got treated like crap, 100% wouldn’t purchase from Stafford The way I got treated as a potential customer, Only reason I went through with The test drive was because I thought fuk em now I’m gonna boot your car around :grinning:

Reactions: Waq1, Jcbmally, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Yeah I agree,
Got to go out in it but in all fairness got treated like crap, 100% wouldn’t purchase from Stafford The way I got treated as a potential customer, Only reason I went through with The test drive was because I thought fuk em now I’m gonna boot your car around :grinning:

Quite a different approach to what he said to me over the phone.
Andy even acknowledges @Sandra and ASN because there have been RS specific days for this forum put on by them over the years.

Reactions: Sandra and Jassyo06
My son told me glasgow Audi would only give me a test drive like you say if you had or were going to order one from them so l didn't push for one l am quite content leaving my first drive of the 8Y RS3 to my own car...adds to the excitement on delivery day I've driven the pfl/fl a few times over the year's so it shouldn't be that different basically apart from sound etc etc my fave RS av driven was the TTRS Roadster fastest car I've driven

Reactions: Jcbmally, Daggerit, NevMan and 2 others
looking good

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 122
Reactions: Rs31981, RS3ree, kayemill and 3 others
My son told me glasgow Audi would only give me a test drive like you say if you had or were going to order one from them so l didn't push for one l am quite content leaving my first drive of the 8Y RS3 to my own car...adds to the excitement on delivery day I've driven the pfl/fl a few times over the year's so it shouldn't be that different basically apart from sound etc etc my fave RS av driven was the TTRS Roadster fastest car I've driven

That’s fair enough, but what if you don’t gel with the car or really hate something about it that you could’ve found on a test drive? You’ll just have to live with it I guess, but £60k is a lot to just live with something.

The only time I’ve not had a test of a vehicle is a Ducati I bought a few years ago because the closest dealership is 3 hours from me. And it was £12k rather than £60k.

Reactions: Rs31981, Jcbmally and Jassyo06
That’s fair enough, but what if you don’t gel with the car or really hate something about it that you could’ve found on a test drive? You’ll just have to live with it I guess, but £60k is a lot to just live with something.

The only time I’ve not had a test of a vehicle is a Ducati I bought a few years ago because the closest dealership is 3 hours from me. And it was £12k rather than £60k.

My son had a Ducati he got a good deal on it perks of working for Audi at the time l was ever so glad when he sold it...l slept better at night
As for the Audi l already know what l like and dislike about the car its far from perfect ...its a no brainer= a box to tick and if l don't gel with it....l won't lose too much £££ it being a highly desirable example

Reactions: Jcbmally, Daggerit, RS03??? and 2 others
My son had a Ducati he got a good deal on it perks of working for Audi at the time l was ever so glad when he sold it...l slept better at night
As for the Audi l already know what l like and dislike about the car its far from perfect ...its a no brainer= a box to tick and if l don't gel with it....l won't lose too much £££ it being a highly desirable example
+1
I’ve never bought a car which I hadn’t had a test drive in first.
I have at least sat in an RS3 but that was before I went crazy and ordered one.
Still I’m happy to give it a go and as @jassyo06 says, if we don’t gel then hopefully the RS3 residuals will help with a swap.
In terms of RS3 I’m not 100% convinced but it’s a high enough % that I want to own one to have the experience.(best to do it now before lose the opportunity).
So overall looking forward to 2022

Reactions: Rs31981, Jcbmally, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
I feel pretty much the same!
but they called me up and offered me a demo an it’s only down the road just couldn’t resist mate.

Reactions: Jcbmally, Jassyo06 and Daggerit
Fair enough guys, valid points! I was the same until I actually drove it though, which is probably driving my opinion.

I do think though, if it was my car in a higher spec and the way I wanted it then the feeling would probably be different and it would feel as special as I want it to. Especially with things like carbon brakes that are a little exclusive. Who knows.

Reactions: Jcbmally and Jassyo06
Status
Not open for further replies.