RS3 Build Tracker Spreadsheet

This 'Build Date' is very confusing to say the least as in 'What does it actually mean' ?

My build date was week 49 2021, car was confirmed 'Built' 31st January,

It's obviously the start of the process, but cars generally only take around five days start to finish, I imagine that is from the start of pressing all the sheet metal parts and welding etc

So why does it appear to take 6-7 weeks from build week to 'built' ?
May be, that the build does not begin, until all the bits are ready to be bolted on. Suspect, when the initial build week is given its an estimate and was thrown off the scale due to lack of chip-bits. Its also quite possible, Audi totally under-estimated the demand for the new model and was caught off guard. Certainly the worst case for Vorsprung models majority of the orders from members had no estimated build-week, just blank and only now some are being informed of build year+ from date of order.
On top of all of this, not sure if its Audi-UK or Audi-De are applying batch restrictions on what is being built, wiith Saloon's getting preference over Sportsback is the initial observation from our data and from my dealer.

Unless of course they are built but without whichever ecu's they are struggling with? and then shipped to Emden, parked up, and once the 'missing' ecu(s) are fitted they are then altrered to built and shipped?

Reactions: RS03???
Its also quite possible, Audi totally under-estimated the demand for the new model and was caught off guard.
Remember someone posting saying Audi UK had said they had double the anticipated demand for RS3s.
Also, found this a while back, wonder how it compares to actual sales
View attachment 250605

Unless of course they are built but without whichever ecu's they are struggling with? and then shipped to Emden, parked up, and once the 'missing' ecu(s) are fitted they are then altrered to built and shipped?
That may explain why some of the cars are being delivered with 10miles on the clock, instead of 40ish.

Reactions: Mike.46
Remember someone posting saying Audi UK had said they had double the anticipated demand for RS3s.
Also, found this a while back, wonder how it compares to actual sales
View attachment 250605
I bet lot more than double.
Our sample of stats from our members, show approx equal amount of Carbon and Vorsprung's and this is just for UK.
Would be good to estimate how our sample of 100 compares with the total UK's total RS3 orders to date.

Our sample of stats from our members, show approx equal amount of Carbon and Vorsprung's and this is just for UK.
Would be good to estimate how our sample of 100 compares with the total UK's total RS3 orders to date.
I think like me a lot were forced into Vorsprung due to not being able to add stuff to the other models? I tried adding ACC and Adaptive dampers and was pretty close then to Vorsprung price, just seemed a no brainer for the extra kit.....but like I said, if I could have specced my car it would have been so close to a launch car

Quick count on autotrader only those with pics of actual cars

Vorsprung
10 saloon
5 hb

carbon
10 saloon
4 hb

rs3 base/Frankenstein
6 saloon
12 hb

Reactions: Mastachaz, kayemill and RS03???
Quick count on autotrader only those with pics of actual cars

Vorsprung
10 saloon
5 hb

carbon
10 saloon
4 hb

rs3 base/Frankenstein
6 saloon
12 hb
There is many rs3 just not all posted show online

I finally got my order number - 31457900.

I'll have to take a look to see how that compares, does it mean it wasn't places until week 45 last year?

I finally got my order number - 31457900.

I'll have to take a look to see how that compares, does it mean it wasn't places until week 45 last year?
Updated, thanks
the 45 indicates, the order was placed on week 35, end of August. Is that correct as I have you from scraping your postings from middle of Sept.

Reactions: Daggerit
Updated, thanks
the 45 indicates, the order was placed on week 35, end of August. Is that correct as I have you from scraping your postings from middle of Sept.
Interesting because the first communication I had with the broker was 17/09/2021...

Bad news from my broker MSG today
My estimated build week has slipped to week 19 from 12
- Not happy. :sign unfair: considering I ordered 11/08/2021!
So its gone from March delivery --> wk24 --> wk23 --> wk12 --> wk19

• Sad
Reactions: Jaeger12 and RS03???
Mine is through them as well and it's still sitting at WK38...

• Sad
Reactions: 3vans
That's my Vorsprung picked up today from Aberdeen Audi, absolutely delighted! Kemora looks much better in the flesh as was unsure what I'd think of it.

Interestingly, I think they said ~4 RS3s were going out over the past day or so...

Attachments

• RS3.jpg
    RS3.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 122
Reactions: JamesOff, Jay 1234, 5pot and 7 others
Slight comfort, you are at the top of our list for Daytona Grey Vorsprung, when they start that batch.
Then again Daytona and Kemora Gray are the popular choice of colour and if it is a fair representation for UK, then it may help or delay where it falls in the batching sequence.

Reactions: 3vans
That's my Vorsprung picked up today from Aberdeen Audi, absolutely delighted! Kemora looks much better in the flesh as was unsure what I'd think of it.

Interestingly, I think they said ~4 RS3s were going out over the past day or so...
Congrats, updated as picked up. Thanks

Reactions: EMacRS3

Good to see another in Aberdeen! If you see a beat up old black Skoda Superb give you a wave or flash you can assume it's me. :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Build Week update, it has moved from WK46 to WK37 so some improvement, another one or two of those would be nice.

Reactions: RS03??? and Daggerit
I have moved forward to week 29 - however the dealer told me that (as we all know) even cars when they get to that build week are not always being built.

And he expects this will move again - who is to say what effect the Ukraine situation will have as well - Obviously if this sticks then I can expect my car in August.

BUT I have to be honest and say I am ANGRY that people are getting cars with the same trim already that ordered after me; regardless of the dealer stock and allocations.

Reactions: 3vans and RS03???
I have moved forward to week 29 - however the dealer told me that (as we all know) even cars when they get to that build week are not always being built.

And he expects this will move again - who is to say what effect the Ukraine situation will have as well - Obviously if this sticks then I can expect my car in August.

BUT I have to be honest and say I am ANGRY that people are getting cars with the same trim already that ordered after me; regardless of the dealer stock and allocations.
Cheers, updated the estimate build column. Lets hope it happens.

That is more likely to be down to your dealer and not Audi, maybe thay had gone over their allowance for the month or the sales bloke went on holiday and 'forgot' for a week or so :)

That is more likely to be down to your dealer and not Audi, maybe thay had gone over their allowance for the month or the sales bloke went on holiday and 'forgot' for a week or so :)
My dealer told me that he got bo build date for any other customer rs3

for last 2 months …

Checked with my dealer yesterday and still no build week. I’m not in a hurry I would just like to know, it’s the suspense that’s killing me!

Reactions: Jay 1234
Checked with my dealer yesterday and still no build week. I’m not in a hurry I would just like to know, it’s the suspense that’s killing me!
When did you order ? Yes no build date its killing

My order was placed on 2nd December, confirmed on the 9th and the ‘we’re preparing everything’ email on the 14th but still no build week. If they just said it’s December this year at least I’d have an idea of when to expect it. The selling dealer initially thought May or June. Not sure if that would hold up anymore with all the delays.

I’ve also noticed that the RSQ3 forum members saying that some equipment is changing, like the matrix headlight. I hope this isn’t the case for the RS3!

My order was placed on 2nd December, confirmed on the 9th and the ‘we’re preparing everything’ email on the 14th but still no build week. If they just said it’s December this year at least I’d have an idea of when to expect it. The selling dealer initially thought May or June. Not sure if that would hold up anymore with all the delays.

I’ve also noticed that the RSQ3 forum members saying that some equipment is changing, like the matrix headlight. I hope this isn’t the case for the RS3!
What about matrix ?
Yeah i got same but end of july estimate wich means nothing

Happy days dealer confirmed its in production

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220303-095540_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220303-095540_Outlook.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 80
Reactions: RS03???, Terminator x, Sihfty and 2 others
What about matrix ?
Yeah i got same but end of july estimate wich means nothing
The RSQ3 chaps are saying that they are building with the normal LED lights and not the matrix ones. They are still good but don’t offer the full beam when someone is approaching or your following someone with that part of the beam blocked out. How true it is I’m not sure as I’ve not been told that and no one else on the RS3 forum has mentioned it.

The RSQ3 chaps are saying that they are building with the normal LED lights and not the matrix ones. They are still good but don’t offer the full beam when someone is approaching or your following someone with that part of the beam blocked out. How true it is I’m not sure as I’ve not been told that and no one else on the RS3 forum has mentioned it.
I see , ywah on rs3 they also black inside instead of silver :) and led has no animation so on rs3 its big downgrade

Deal-breaker for me that as matrix is very very good.

TX.

Reactions: abmat, Daggerit and Kevmoz
Yeah from a quick look no Matrix on any RSQ3 trim and not an option on the configurators either (both dealer and public ones).

New user here. Ordered my RS3 on the 1st Feb 2022 which is as follows:
Sportback Carbon Black, Kemora Grey, C&S Pack

As of yet, no build date. Just an email from Audi confirming they have my order and it's going into the preparation stage.

This will be my first Audi having been in a MK7 Golf R for the past 4 1/2 years, so very much looking forward to it despite the extended wait times.

Reactions: Jaeger12, Terminator x and RS03???