RS3 Build Tracker Spreadsheet

Coming near to a year since my order date. I’ve lost any reality of actually obtaining this car. I literally expect an email one day to say they can no longer fulfil my order
Yep you and me both , what a shambles. : (

• Sad
Reactions: 3vans
Sadly true, not just US, includes other countries across the globe,
Hence the 3 to 4 months push back on a lot of UK cars my build week jumped back 4 months in June shockeroony ....Audi at their f@@king best

Hence the 3 to 4 months push back on a lot of UK cars my build week jumped back 4 months in June shockeroony ....Audi at their f@@king best
I have to say this is really f..ked up , they are making 2023 models when they are far from being done with 2022’s . And then when u ask about your order they give you the chip shortage argument.. if im being pushed back again i think that’ll be it for me aswell

Reactions: Jassyo06
Welcome, Added. Build week of 9th Aug, then with a bit of luck, your car should be with you in September.
If pos.. Pls advise on the Dealer, to spot trends.

Dealer calls regular but on occasion I’ve had more information than the dealer! However the Audi rep is great and I have been waiting since Nov 21 so have got used to the situation. I can now start to think about selling my S3 as Audi advised the RS3 is on its way from the factory so it appears you called Sept 22 on point.

I have to say this is really f..ked up , they are making 2023 models when they are far from being done with 2022’s . And then when u ask about your order they give you the chip shortage argument.. if im being pushed back again i think that’ll be it for me aswell
Then surely they've achieved what they want to achieve? All the early orders are now massive low margin orders given the increase in parts costs.manufacturing costs and the massively increased RRP. If it was my business I know what i'd want to do, not ethical I know but VAG are only in existence to make as much money as they can :shrug:

Then surely they've achieved what they want to achieve? All the early orders are now massive low margin orders given the increase in parts costs.manufacturing costs and the massively increased RRP. If it was my business I know what i'd want to do, not ethical I know but VAG are only in existence to make as much money as they can :shrug:
Massive lower margins REALLY...they weren't exactly throwing massive discounts at launch mate when a spec for spec US car is £10k cheaper than it is the UK....Fully loaded US RS3 8Y is the same price as a UK S3 saloon Vorsprung ....f@@k being one your customers if ye had a business....

Massive lower margins REALLY...they weren't exactly throwing massive discounts at launch mate when a spec for spec US car is £10k cheaper than it is the UK....Fully loaded US RS3 8Y is the same price as a UK S3 saloon Vorsprung ....f@@k being one your customers if ye had a business....
Unfortunately I do, and I sell to the highest bidder!!!! I do hope you all get your cars but even you must realise that that it's all getting to suspicious now......

Unfortunately I do, and I sell to the highest bidder!!!! I do hope you all get your cars but even you must realise that that it's all getting to suspicious now......
I knew back in June this was the reason....no build date gets pushed back that much for loom/chip shortages .....****/Australia/NorthAmerican markets all opened around the same time....May/June its out with our control but just shows us how unethical the Germans are ...but again they've always been this way.....Dieselgate....then reducing build quality materials....increasing prices constantly recouping billions lost RS3 8Y is £10k more expensive than a MY18 running into 2019 car...thats before the flu and putin....basically it was well overpriced to begin with plus the lack of interior options on uk cars.....

Reactions: Deleted member 160894
To the people who have orders last year and moaning... No offence put up or shut up. It's getting boring now.

Same faces on here daily moaning about their delay. I agree it's **** especially when other markets are getting fresh orders within 3-6 months but why don't the same old usual suspects do something productive... Get together and send Audi UK/DE an email telling them just how p1ssed off you are.. dealers don't care and things might just start progressing.

Plus as above Audi clearly probably don't want to fulfill certain UK orders that are at last year prices, they are a business after all...

If my broker is saying my april 2022 exclusive order that just submitted a few weeks ago to factory eta no later than feb 22 whilst those who placed orders last year August are getting told middle of May 23 or having build weeks dropping forwards/backwards/disappearing all together.. put two and two together.. Audi are hoping people cancel their orders!

Reactions: KGMARS
To the people who have orders last year and moaning... No offence put up or shut up. It's getting boring now.

Same faces on here daily moaning about their delay. I agree it's **** especially when other markets are getting fresh orders within 3-6 months but why don't the same old usual suspects do something productive... Get together and send Audi UK/DE an email telling them just how p1ssed off you are.. dealers don't care and things might just start progressing.

Plus as above Audi clearly probably don't want to fulfill certain UK orders that are at last year prices, they are a business after all...

If my broker is saying my april 2022 exclusive order that just submitted a few weeks ago to factory eta no later than feb 22 whilst those who placed orders last year August are getting told middle of May 23 or having build weeks dropping forwards/backwards/disappearing all together.. put two and two together.. Audi are hoping people cancel their orders!
Well I suppose if your getting yours that quick you wouldn’t moan so much , good luck to you , as for emailing I have emailed Audi uk director and head of Audi Germany to no avail, and yes we all have a choice but maybe if we were not lied to from the start maybe a lot of 2021 orders would not have been placed

Well I suppose if your getting yours that quick you wouldn’t moan so much , good luck to you , as for emailing I have emailed Audi uk director and head of Audi Germany to no avail, and yes we all have a choice but maybe if we were not lied to from the start maybe a lot of 2021 orders would not have been placed

One person here and there won't bat an eyelid. There's clearly a tonne of folks who are awaiting outstanding orders from last year.. Everyone needs to get together and send a mass email to Audi as an official complaint...

Bombard the higher ups on platforms like linkedin so they pull their socks up. People wanna moan on here everyday with multiple posts but can't be ***** to make a thread to collect names/emails to do a mass complaint..

Obviously people aren't that fussed about Audi messing them about!

One person here and there won't bat an eyelid. There's clearly a tonne of folks who are awaiting outstanding orders from last year.. Everyone needs to get together and send a mass email to Audi as an official complaint...

Bombard the higher ups on platforms like linkedin so they pull their socks up. People wanna moan on here everyday with multiple posts but can't be ***** to make a thread to collect names/emails to do a mass complaint..

Well I’m definitely up for it if people want to do that and probably the only way they may take notice

Reactions: Rs3Dude

I already offered to do that. The result... 2 people said they thought it was a good idea. What's the point? Besides, we're stuck in the middle of excuses and foreign market preference. If people want to moan, why shouldn't they? It is after all a forum for everyone to talk about the good and the bad of everything Audi.

Reactions: Dnw21
Update today from my dealer and its moved backwards week 49 of 2022. At least it’s still this year, for the time being!

Reactions: DannyM8Y
I just got a call from the Broker to say the car is on its way from the factory. That’s caught me by surprise as I was expecting a November build. I’d better get on with selling the current car!

Reactions: 3vans, Jay 1234 and RS03???
I just got a call from the Broker to say the car is on its way from the factory. That’s caught me by surprise as I was expecting a November build. I’d better get on with selling the current car!
We need more like this call. A good surprise.
There is another on the list Sb-Tar Carbon of @Dnw21 and @Inspector71 , hope they also get a ping

Reactions: Dnw21
I got my first ‘out of the blue’ update email from my broker today to say the car is in the UK and should be with the dealership in a week or so. Good news and means I should have the car by the end of the month at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sandra, 3vans, Rhurs and 5 others
This is really nice to read some good news. I’m happy that some of u guys are getting your car soon enough and that Europe customers arent totally boycotted for US markets

Reactions: IanL-RS3 and Daggerit
Another one on the way got call from Broker that car has left the Factory and should be ready for collection towards the end of the Month (Been that long had to check to see what I'd ordered :think:)

• Haha
Reactions: 3vans, Jay 1234 and RS03???
It's all happening on the delivery front now chaps. :icon thumright:

Reactions: Daggerit and Jaeger12
I'm just interested to see what kit actually gets installed in my car to be honest. Audi have said that the £500 discount for 360 cameras will be applied, but they want to check and see if they're installed or not. Between that, stories of wireless charging appearing on UK cars again, and Aus getting 360 camera cars coming through it might be that people in the near future might be getting the correct spec back again. But we'll see.

Reactions: RS03???
I'm just interested to see what kit actually gets installed in my car to be honest. Audi have said that the £500 discount for 360 cameras will be applied, but they want to check and see if they're installed or not. Between that, stories of wireless charging appearing on UK cars again, and Aus getting 360 camera cars coming through it might be that people in the near future might be getting the correct spec back again. But we'll see.
Fingers crossed as it appears to be offered recently in other parts of the world.

Reactions: Daggerit
Fingers crossed as it appears to be offered recently in other parts of the world.
I'm 100% sure if they start fitting kit back to UK cars mine will be in the batch immediately before they do. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

• Haha
Reactions: IanL-RS3, 3vans and RS03???
I'm 100% sure if they start fitting kit back to UK cars mine will be in the batch immediately before they do. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Would kind of suck for those already got their cars but hey maybe that’s the 2023 model year upgrade

Would kind of suck for those already got their cars but hey maybe that’s the 2023 model year upgrade
Definitely. I assume that it'll happen at some point, I just hope that I'm not right at the point before it does. Somebody has to be though I suppose.

Just had the call to confirm that it doesn't have the 360 cameras and will get the £500 discount instead, so I guess that answers that! Hopefully with the next batch for the UK you guys will manage to get them and they won't just leave them off forever more.

Reactions: 3vans and Jay 1234
I would love to know how people that are none dealership like these guys that are up the road from me are getting so many cars in they have literally had 20+ cars if not more he's just emailed me to say they are getting a turbo blue VS in the next week or so how are they getting them so, easy? And then charge 70k

I would love to know how people that are none dealership like these guys that are up the road from me are getting so many cars in they have literally had 20+ cars if not more he's just emailed me to say they are getting a turbo blue VS in the next week or so how are they getting them so, easy? And then charge 70k

Infuriating.

Infuriating.

To get one or two fair enough but the amount they've had I'm properly confused how they've got hands on so many and its not them buying them off AT then bumping the price they are getting them in brand new. So a dealership must be suppling them?

To get one or two fair enough but the amount they've had I'm properly confused how they've got hands on so many and its not them buying them off AT then bumping the price they are getting them in brand new. So a dealership must be suppling them?
I'm guessing they do regular business with dealerships and put in large orders when the lists open up. So they get preferential treatment.
Anecdotally....
About 15 years ago. I put down a deposit to get the first M5 in Scotland 3 years before it was released (before it was even announced). But I saw people were driving round in them before I even got a call to say the car had been released. I'm guessing they sold to preferred customers/brokers despite my deposit letter saying I would get first one. I got my deposit back and didn't purchase through them or since.

I remember him posting on the RS FB page that he had put a number of deposits down last year for them.

I honestly don't get it with him anyway. His prices are ridiculous.

Audi should be telling third party dealers who have a dozen deposits down on these cars to jog on and allocate them to customers who have been waiting since the orders books opened.

I remember him posting on the RS FB page that he had put a number of deposits down last year for them.

I honestly don't get it with him anyway. His prices are ridiculous.

Audi should be telling third party dealers who have a dozen deposits down on these cars to jog on and allocate them to customers who have been waiting since the orders books opened.

He justifies it by spending 1000 hours detailing them

Offered me one at 73k and said he paid Audi 68k for it.

Reactions: Rs3Dude
I'm guessing they do regular business with dealerships and put in large orders when the lists open up. So they get preferential treatment.
Anecdotally....
About 15 years ago. I put down a deposit to get the first M5 in Scotland 3 years before it was released (before it was even announced). But I saw people were driving round in them before I even got a call to say the car had been released. I'm guessing they sold to preferred customers/brokers despite my deposit letter saying I would get first one. I got my deposit back and didn't purchase through them or since.

The yanks are having the same

2ce186e217f4340957e215cd6f04741c.png

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Angry
Reactions: IanL-RS3
He justifies it by spending 1000 hours detailing them

Offered me one at 73k and said he paid Audi 68k for it.

Hahaha exactly that. I laugh when I see people go to him and essentially overpaying massively for just a OTT detail.

I'm guessing had you took him up on his offer (lol) you would have been the second owner of that car then? So 40 miles on the clock two owners already and he wants 5k over retail?!!! Bahahahah

I haven't got money coming out of my backside so I don't care about machine polishing the exhaust, rest of the undercarriage etc.. and having to pay 4-5k extra just for that privilege...

I've heard he's shocking when it comes to buying back cars as well.. offers less than some of this drug dealing bedroom traders!!