RS3 8Y General Discussion Thread.

Saw a Daytona Grey Saloon yesterday on the A77 at Sandyford Toll heading for Whitletts - DG22 reg.

I don't have a problem with the wheel being round. What I want is alcantara and that 12 o clock stripe like the EU cars.

I'm slightly unclear if a wheel from the RS Q3 or RS6 will work on the RS3 without lots of error messages.

But buying an official Audi wheel would be very expensive.

I dunno what the fuss is about flat bottom wheels. None to be found on £120k M5s and M8s etc. :congratulatory:

Reactions: Keano04
I dunno what the fuss is about flat bottom wheels. None to be found on £120k M5s and M8s etc. :congratulatory:
Me too. I think the round wheel is easier to palm one handed, always found it slightly annoying palming a flat bottom wheel on previous Audis. But that’s just me, and if a round wheel means I get lane assist right now I’ll stick with round - will always be pros and cons to something.

I think he mentioned once or twice :tearsofjoy: what he thinks of his new steering wheel.. can't remember where he said the original one comes from lol

• Wow
Reactions: 3vans
I think he mentioned once or twice :tearsofjoy: what he thinks of his new steering wheel.. can't remember where he said the original one comes from lol

Wow, that s’wheel looks ugly!!

Flat bottomed oem wheel yeah can get that but if that’s the alternative then round steering wheel for me all day long!!

giphy.gif

Reactions: FBF01 and kormilo1950

Terrible……

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: kormilo1950

As big a tit as Archie Hamilton that guy. Also proof money can't buy taste with all of his AliExpress stick on fake carbon bits on his mirrors, rear windows, led audi light at the front of the grill and fake carbon placards. He thinks the cars a rocket ship and an absolute flying machine. :congratulatory: ps GUYS. Did you look at that?!?!?

Reactions: RichK
Look I respect he can do what he wants with his car. But a wheel that has to be plugged in to work with wires coming off it is stupid; regardless of how it looks.

Also I hate anyone who wears flip-flops who doesn’t live on a beach.

Reactions: FBF01, kayemill and Adi7r
Me too. I think the round wheel is easier to palm one handed, always found it slightly annoying palming a flat bottom wheel on previous Audis. But that’s just me, and if a round wheel means I get lane assist right now I’ll stick with round - will always be pros and cons to something.
BF08CA90 4DDB 41CC BFF7 667030E110A3

You can have both

Reactions: FBF01, Terminator x and Stu-27
I saw my first 2022 RS3 Saloon in red today! I was going the other way so no idea what trim it was (I am guessing carbon as I didn’t notice the graphic wheels or red LE brakes but I didn’t get a good look).

The red is very eye catching…

Reactions: Terminator x and kayemill
Saw a Turbo Blue saloon at Silverburn Tesco tonight. In a normal space

It's a no from me! I usually park in the multi story in one of the end bays up there lol

Reactions: kayemill
It's a no from me! I usually park in the multi story in one of the end bays up there lol

I’m still claiming my twins @17 are parent & child in the highest open level at silverburn.

• Haha
Reactions: HulkRS3
If you lose it. I know you said everything works. But it’s an expensive gamble.
Surely you will lose whatever switches off/trips out when the system detects you are not holding the steering wheel, I would imagine that Lane assist, emergency assist, pre sense, and also adaptive cruise when used in conjuction with these would be the favourites?

Quick look at the cars on Autotrader and it looks like they're all the same as yours.

Lol mine ?

This has been going on since the first 8P.

Reactions: Mr Freeze and Jassyo06
Still gobsmacked that Audi don't generally hand the discs. Believe they do for R8 though.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Surely you will lose whatever switches off/trips out when the system detects you are not holding the steering wheel, I would imagine that Lane assist, emergency assist, pre sense, and also adaptive cruise when used in conjuction with these would be the favourites?
Hve you tried this yet? I tried it several times (on standard wheel of course) and nothing tells you to hold the wheel. This function was not on my car

Hve you tried this yet? I tried it several times (on standard wheel of course) and nothing tells you to hold the wheel. This function was not on my car
I ask anyone with the 8Y to try it. I tried it at normal driving at town speeds/motorway speeds (over 30 seconds I didn’t hold the wheel) on cruise control and even on adaptive cruise speed following the vehicle infront. So unless I’m doing it wrong, my car did not ask me to hold the wheel

I did look into it a while back, i'm pretty sure the capicitance wheel is for emergency crash assistance when adaptive cruise and Lane assist etc is on?

I'd love someone to try it with a Vorsprung as the steering wheel although OK when driving does alook a little out of place :)

Anyone who has their car know if the RS3 come with 360 sensors it’s really weird I seen the pic below and it appears it does similar to my 2021 330d which has the 360 sensors. In some pictures you do see sensors on the arches of the RS3 but yet nothing in the online tech description regarding it.
CED59BEF 2253 4FA3 8FD4 02F21144125B

but then there’s also the next image from the same car
457F9D27 E367 454F B746 B5A7DCC8813B

maybe it’s situational? Not always active unless it detects obstruction?

Anyone who has their car know if the RS3 come with 360 sensors it’s really weird I seen the pic below and it appears it does similar to my 2021 330d which has the 360 sensors. In some pictures you do see sensors on the arches of the RS3 but yet nothing in the online tech description regarding it.
View attachment 253525

but then there’s also the next image from the same car View attachment 253526

maybe it’s situational? Not always active unless it detects obstruction?

It has four parking sensors on each bumper and a separate side sensor on the flat part of the wing / rear bumper arch.

It detects objects at the left and right side of the car, so when the park assist is selected those extra sensors pick up empty parking slots.

Plus they act as proximity sensors to objects at the side of the car (walls etc).

It will auto detect objects too.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and RS03???
While on the 360, I jumped in and tried the 360 camera on a RS5 for parking, not impressed at all, my eyes and using the mirrors was easier.

Reactions: 8YARWY
It has four parking sensors on each bumper and a separate side sensor on the flat part of the wing / rear bumper arch.

It detects objects at the left and right side of the car, so when the park assist is selected those extra sensors pick up empty parking slots.

Plus they act as proximity sensors to objects at the side of the car (walls etc).

It will auto detect objects too.

My TT had all the sensors you mentioned but the extra side sensors on each bumper are only for park assistance

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
While on the 360, I jumped in and tried the 360 camera on a RS5 for parking, not impressed at all, my eyes and using the mirrors was easier.
Would be interested to know what did you not like about it?

Reactions: Jassyo06
I ask anyone with the 8Y to try it. I tried it at normal driving at town speeds/motorway speeds (over 30 seconds I didn’t hold the wheel) on cruise control and even on adaptive cruise speed following the vehicle infront. So unless I’m doing it wrong, my car did not ask me to hold the wheel

Mine has asked me to hold the wheel before.

It was on an approach to a bend at 70 that it didn’t like - adaptive cruise basically turned off and the car slowly started reducing speed together with warnings getting me to hold the wheel.

Tbf the corner was fairly tight and I had my hands
Hovering ready to take over as I was just testing it - it was pretty predictable that it would happen.

Was trying to use it to reverse into the owner's gravelled driveway space for the RS5, where on one side luckily was a length of 6 foot high conifer hedge. The 360's side camera was not able to give me the visual perspective on the screen for safe reversing at midday light. Could be worse in the dark.

Was trying to use it to reverse into the owner's gravelled driveway space for the RS5, where on one side luckily was a length of 6 foot high conifer hedge. The 360's side camera was not able to give me the visual perspective on the screen for safe reversing at midday light. Could be worse in the dark.
Not experienced that issue but agree is more of an aid than a substitute for using your eyes / mirrors and the Performance in the dark can vary according to light levels.

one I first got didn’t realise you could chose between 7 different views and Ive found the one giving the close ups of the wheels can be pretty useful at times especially when getting into tight spots with kerbs.

Reactions: RS03???
Mine has asked me to hold the wheel before.

It was on an approach to a bend at 70 that it didn’t like - adaptive cruise basically turned off and the car slowly started reducing speed together with warnings getting me to hold the wheel.

Tbf the corner was fairly tight and I had my hands
Hovering ready to take over as I was just testing it - it was pretty predictable that it would happen.
Very strange, I couldn’t replicate it at all on my launch edition and I done everything you said

Very strange, I couldn’t replicate it at all on my launch edition and I done everything you said

Must admit I don’t use lane assist. First thing I do is turn that off when I get in.

Adaptive cruise I like but no use for lane assist at all - would happily lose that.

One thing I have spotted is the adaptive cruise ha more instances of “limited visibility” warnings than on past cars. I don’t know for sure but it seems to be linked to heavy rain and glare from the sun (oddly). Again past cars it was only if it got really very dirty that it had that warning - Audi system seems to be more sensitive.