RS3 8Y General Discussion Thread.

I dont think all the Launch cars are all here yet as my dealer says theirs is arriving mid January, of course they could be telling porkies and already have sold it, but dealers are dead honest arent they?

• Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally
Does anyone know the total number of RS3 that have arrived in the UK? just curious being as there are 48 of them advertised on AT

I saw that last night and was gobsmacked that so many are with dealers, yet so many customers with deposits have no idea when they will get there’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 3vans, RS03??? and Mike.46
For the people that have collected their rs3, what tyres did they come with? My carbon came with Pirelli p-zeros but Iv seen a few with bridgestones.

For the people that have collected their rs3, what tyres did they come with? My carbon came with Pirelli p-zeros but Iv seen a few with bridgestones.
My standard spec has P-Zeros

Think it's just pot luck as to whether you get Pirellis or Bridgestone

I saw that last night and was gobsmacked that so many are with dealers, yet so many customers with deposits have no idea when they will get there’s

Read somewhere 96 LE's were allocated to UK, which I believe were allocated to dealers, rather than requested. Quite possible, some of the dealers just pass it onto independent dealers to make a quick buck, which may account for 50+% of them being Launch Editions.

Spotted this on Facebook - Audi Exlusive Colour Q0Q0 which is Nimbus Grey, on a Vorsprung.

Spotted this on Facebook - Audi Exlusive Colour Q0Q0 which is Nimbus Grey, on a Vorsprung.

View attachment 248700
Just checking the Order Number, looks like the order was created quiet early when the books opened and the build week allocated is Nov 2022.
16Months wait time for Build.

• Haha
Reactions: HulkRS3 and Terminator x
Just checking the Order Number, looks like the order was created quiet early when the books opened and the build week allocated is Nov 2022.
16Months wait time for Build.
My order number starts 31431 and I still don’t have a bw

My order number starts 31431 and I still don’t have a bw
Thats at-most 2600 before mine., so if its done when the order went in to the system, rather than when we signed on the dotted line, yours should be built before mine.

Need to ask: should one of us (me? or anyone else) create a '"closed group" list of order numbers for who are trying to figure out where their order lies in the system. Not sure if it will cause more anxiety on the waiting game as we are not getting any real answers other than chip-shortage.
OR Just add it to the existing spreadsheet and be open ?

Thats at-most 2600 before mine., so if its done when the order went in to the system, rather than when we signed on the dotted line, yours should be built before mine.

Need to ask: should one of us (me? or anyone else) create a '"closed group" list of order numbers for who are trying to figure out where their order lies in the system. Not sure if it will cause more anxiety on the waiting game as we are not getting any real answers other than chip-shortage.
OR Just add it to the existing spreadsheet and be open ?
Just my opinion, but I don't think it's worth bothering.
As seen on this forum when you have ordered doesn't seem to have any correlation to your build date. You could have ordered late and be slotted in to a cancelled slot (as some say they have) but have an order number that is numerically way later than everyone else's.
Throw differences in trim into the mix, as well...
14608107 1180665285312703 1558693314 n

Just my opinion, but I don't think it's worth bothering.
As seen on this forum when you have ordered doesn't seem to have any correlation to your build date. You could have ordered late and be slotted in to a cancelled slot (as some say they have) but have an order number that is numerically way later than everyone else's.
Throw differences in trim into the mix, as well...
View attachment 248717
Cannot disagree, with the trim + colour + variants + body shape are being considered and then being batched. What is annoying is no logic to it. Lets drop this idea.

How do you guys know your order number.? I ordered in Nov and I've received no docs that say anything about ab order number.

How do you guys know your order number.? I ordered in Nov and I've received no docs that say anything about ab order number.
If you ordered from an Audi Dealer, then you will need to ask your salesperson. Takes a couple of days. The number should start with 314....

Reactions: Joey Slats
contact your sale person and ask for update they should send you order page

Reactions: Joey Slats
Looking at this video, the RS3 looks very easy to provoke into oversteer! Also states in comments this was normal dynamic mode.

Looking at this video, the RS3 looks very easy to provoke into oversteer! Also states in comments this was normal dynamic mode.

I felt that when I test drove it but wasn’t sure if this was the diff or just pzeros plus the wet!

I felt that when I test drove it but wasn’t sure if this was the diff or just pzeros plus the wet!

Yes and same on my test drive.

Strange feeling especially after an 8V

Reactions: garethdj
Yes and same on my test drive.

Strange feeling especially after an 8V

Indeed, I thought I was just going to be able to get in and go but I got just as many M2 (less extreme) vibes as I did 8v lol.

That being said I’ve been driving the missus’ 1.0 Q2 for the last few months! Probably played a part!

Tomorrow morning.

I dont know whether they will have it locked out, but the Performance version has a 'track' programme within the screens, mine was speed limited to 85, also get them to show you how to operate the adaptive cruise before you go out (I think it's two movements of the gear selector) it's that 'different' to a normal car that a little explanation before the drive would have helped me :)

Reactions: 8YARWY