RS3 8Y General Discussion Thread.

@Terminator x Can i ask, i've seen a few of your posts re Ghost Immobilisers, have you had any problem with warranty or service mode playing up? Thinking of getting one as we're in a high relay attack area, but slightly nervous re warranty / audi kicking off when servicing.

My two pennies

Never had an issue with ghost on my 8V or with Pandora on the 8Y either.

The 8Y went into Audi at least 5 times and they never mentioned it and 2 of those were warranty jobs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: MrSmyth and RS03???
My two pennies

Never had an issue with ghost on my 8V or with Pandora on the 8Y either.

The 8Y went into Audi at least 5 times and they never mentioned it and 2 of those were warranty jobs.

Thankyou mate, ignore my ignorance but does a pandora work in the same way too (i.e. service mode)?

To second the above, I went with the Pandora for the 8Y as it becomes passive, when in service/valet mode. Apart from the system you select, it needs to be installed such it blends into the standard wiring looms, rather than just thrown in and obvioius.

Reactions: MrSmyth
Thankyou mate, ignore my ignorance but does a pandora work in the same way too (i.e. service mode)?

Yes it does. Not as much as a faff as the ghost, can be activated via a tag or the phone App.

Yes it does. Not as much as a faff as the ghost, can be activated via a tag or the phone App.

Ah okay, so were they unaware altogether? Or did they just not care?

Mines been fitted into one of the looms too and apparently stays in valet /unlocked mode as long as they don't go above 30mph.

Ah okay, so were they unaware altogether? Or did they just not care?

Mines been fitted into one of the looms too and apparently stays in valet /unlocked mode as long as they don't go above 30mph.

They’ll never know with Pandora.

Ghost does generate a VC error though with immobiliser.

They’ll never know with Pandora.

Ghost does generate a VC error though with immobiliser.

Good food for thought. I think I'll end up throwing a ghost on in the short term just because of cost (getting a really good discount through a mate) and then save for a pandora into next year. At least I'm covered then in the short term.

@Terminator x Can i ask, i've seen a few of your posts re Ghost Immobilisers, have you had any problem with warranty or service mode playing up? Thinking of getting one as we're in a high relay attack area, but slightly nervous re warranty / audi kicking off when servicing.
It has a valet mode^ so Audi would never know imho. I have not had Audi even mention it whenever the cars have been in for a service etc.

^various button presses turn it off for a 15 minute period so enough for the service guys to start it up and carry out the service.

TX.

RS3 owner no more. Likely a Mini JCW in incoming (pre opf with the pro exhaust). I’m sure I’ll be back in the future (likely with some sort of daza)!

RS3 owner no more. Likely a Mini JCW in incoming (pre opf with the pro exhaust). I’m sure I’ll be back in the future (likely with some sort of daza)!

Give us yer thoughts then!

TX.

Give us yer thoughts then!

TX.

giphy.gif

TX has his eye on you

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin
The RS3 of course!

TX.

Pleased I’ve owned it, had some fun in it, turned some heads. Much better to drive but just didn’t quite excite at same time, like the 8V. In summary… I’m pre OPF cars for the foreseeable! Particularly at the current cost and finance rates.

Between the scorpion exhaust and the Airtec intake, the intake gave me far more enjoyment (never mind factoring in bang for buck), so I’d say a cone style intake is a must, turbo flutter aside just the induction noise was great. (Shameless plug it’s still available to a good home for a good price).

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Frankel and Terminator x
£1200-1500

As the belt tightens week by week , month by month on joe public's cash flow , a lot of people will be asking some serious questions about what they can keep on their driveway, and things will be sold.

Reactions: Mr Freeze and 8YARWY
Pleased I’ve owned it, had some fun in it, turned some heads. Much better to drive but just didn’t quite excite at same time, like the 8V. In summary… I’m pre OPF cars for the foreseeable! Particularly at the current cost and finance rates.

Between the scorpion exhaust and the Airtec intake, the intake gave me far more enjoyment (never mind factoring in bang for buck), so I’d say a cone style intake is a must, turbo flutter aside just the induction noise was great. (Shameless plug it’s still available to a good home for a good price).

I pretty much echo those thought.
I wish I had kept my 8v RS3 - it was such a great car in every single way and the sound was just amazing.

Reactions: Mr Freeze, 8YARWY, flybynite and 1 other person
Lol they’ve gotten fat off ordering these cars then a £700 detail process and then putting 5K on top plus the kickbacks from PCP companies.
They let people add extras on top (wheels etc) and add this to the PCP payments

I did the same adding the M Performance Exhaust to my M4cp which I also got at 0%. :)

Funny how people like to hate at someone doing well. He provides a service and people are happy to pay him for it. Hateful comments are usually a reflection of themselves
I think it more comes down to the prices they're advertising cars for. For example, the Daytona VS Sportback that they have up for £71k. That's £5k more than the one I ordered in December '21 which also had the dynamic pack, so essentially they're looking for £10k over list.

Reactions: DangerMouseUK and 8YARWY
Funny how people like to hate at someone doing well. He provides a service and people are happy to pay him for it. Hateful comments are usually a reflection of themselves

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Mr Freeze and Daggerit
I wish I had kept my 8v RS3 - it was such a great car in every single way and the sound was just amazing.
This is why I'm hanging around here (other than the 8V forums are a bit dead) I missed the boat getting an 8Y but had a sneaking suspicion it would not have suited me. Given what I know now, if I had have swapped I would have been gutted knowing chance of finding the spec and condition of the current 8V being slim to none.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and 8YARWY
I think it more comes down to the prices they're advertising cars for. For example, the Daytona VS Sportback that they have up for £71k. That's £5k more than the one I ordered in December '21 which also had the dynamic pack, so essentially they're looking for £10k over list.

You are forgetting the finance kickbacks

But I suppose no one is entitled to form an opinion because they are a ‘hater’

Hmmmm this Dnwc sounds an awful lot like my number one fan with a ban.

This is why I'm hanging around here (other than the 8V forums are a bit dead) I missed the boat getting an 8Y but had a sneaking suspicion it would not have suited me. Given what I know now, if I had have swapped I would have been gutted knowing chance of finding the spec and condition of the current 8V being slim to none.

Yup you did right sir.

I’m awaiting the backlash…..

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin and flybynite
You are forgetting the finance kickbacks

But I suppose no one is entitled to form an opinion because they are a ‘hater’

Hmmmm this Dnwc sounds an awful lot like my number one fan with a ban.

That as well.

Just thinking that for that markup I could've had my car fully detailed and completely PPF'd with 5k to spare. I know who I'll be giving a shout if my second car ever actually gets built. :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: 8YARWY
That as well.

Just thinking that for that markup I could've had my car fully detailed and completely PPF'd with 5k to spare. I know who I'll be giving a shout if my second car ever actually gets built. :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

I wonder how many owners in say 3 years or so will be stung by the fact the car is worth way less than the over inflated PCP is suggesting.

I wonder how many owners in say 3 years or so will be stung by the fact the car is worth way less than the over inflated PCP is suggesting.

Are they over inflating the final price though? I've never seen the figures so couldn't comment on it, I think mine is like £33k or 35k after four years so it would be interesting to know if they're giving the same final values or not.

Are they over inflating the final price though? I've never seen the figures so couldn't comment on it, I think mine is like £33k or 35k after four years so it would be interesting to know if they're giving the same final values or not.

Lol it’s gotta come from somewhere though.

Be it big deposit or bigger monthly payments.

Every trader inflated the prices. Comes down to supply and demand plus people were paying those prices so it’s on them. They’re making their money from it and clearly their business model works

Forza gfv on a Vorsprung saloon as of last week was 36k and they’re still offering 7.4% which is the best rate I’ve seen currently.

Every trader inflated the prices. Comes down to supply and demand plus people were paying those prices so it’s on them. They’re making their money from it and clearly their business model works
Key point in your sentence there. The prices were high but they've come down across the board apart from these guys. If it works for them then so be it, but at the same time it might explain why they have a whole bunch of them in stock compared to other cars. Also, anyone that pays that much over when there are plenty other much cheaper ones going for the same price is an idiot.

Reactions: 8YARWY
Some would argue AA are exploiting a supply and demand situation, buying up what they can across the board and killing the market with artificially inflated prices, right or wrong, It’s not illegal, but morally questionable.

Reactions: 8YARWY and Daggerit
Some would argue AA are exploiting a supply and demand situation, buying up what they can across the board and killing the market with artificially inflated prices, right or wrong, It’s not illegal, but morally questionable.

Dealers venturing into groups now trying to move stock on.

c8c9e2418a867f4840d1209d97c4ce9b.png

I get the impression you have some sort of connection to AA.

Reactions: 8YARWY and Daggerit