RS3 8Y General Discussion Thread.

My audio control round thing has stopped working on the centre console!

Someone else reported this

Try rebooting system using engineering mode;

Two fingers next to each other hold them at the top right of the screen until the engineering menu loads

Then quit out of it for a full reboot

If it’s not working after that it’s a dealership visit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: kayemill
Someone else reported this

Try rebooting system using engineering mode;

Two fingers next to each other hold them at the top right of the screen until the engineering menu loads

Then quit out of it for a full reboot

If it’s not working after that it’s a dealership visit!

Thanks I'll give it a go

Hey! Received my RS3 car recently. Have "Adaptive Speed Assist" option. ACC knob's "speed +/- " movements(up/down) increments the speed by 10km/h. That really frustrates me. I used to change the speed in increments of 1km/h in prev. cars. All videos I could find show different behavior of ACC knob regarding the speed. Some work in two steps: 1st 1km/h, 2nd 10km/h. Some change increments based on current speed: +5 or +10. I have 1 step only, speed unrelated unfortunately. Guys, do you have the same?

Hmmm, mine is 1mph increments with the adaptive cruise. Unless you hold the stalk up or down and then it jumps in 5's.
Odd that the same cars have different cruise factory settings, but yours are close to perfect for me.
Afaik, there were two cruise related options in car config.:
1. "Adaptive speed assist"
2. "Adaptive cruise assist with emergency assist"
Might be that's the reason of different factory settings?
@Daggerit do you have 1 or 2, if you don't mind to share?

Reactions: Daggerit
Odd that the same cars have different cruise factory settings, but yours are close to perfect for me.
Afaik, there were two cruise related options in car config.:
1. "Adaptive speed assist"
2. "Adaptive cruise assist with emergency assist"
Might be that's the reason of different factory settings?
@Daggerit do you have 1 or 2, if you don't mind to share?
I don't mind at all! :)

I have the adaptive cruise so I don't know if the 'standard' cruise maybe doesn't have as fine increments for some reason? I seem to recall in previous cars it was always 1mph steps regardless. In fact, I had an A3 courtesy car while mine was in Audi which had the adaptive speed assist ('standard' cruise) and it went up in 1mph steps. So I don't really know the reasoning to be honest!

Reactions: Magix
On a different note, I was out in my car with my neighbour yesterday and he said I should try starting the car in RS Performance mode and give it just a little throttle at the same time to see what kind of noise I could get out of the rear end. Wow...

Just a tiny bit of throttle and when it started up it gave three gunshots out of the exhaust that sounded genuinely like a pre-OPF 8V on startup. Definitely going to do that again if I'm feeling particularly anti-social. :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: Mike.46, garethdj, Joey Slats and 6 others
Hey! Received my RS3 car recently. Have "Adaptive Speed Assist" option. ACC knob's "speed +/- " movements(up/down) increments the speed by 10km/h. That really frustrates me. I used to change the speed in increments of 1km/h in prev. cars. All videos I could find show different behavior of ACC knob regarding the speed. Some work in two steps: 1st 1km/h, 2nd 10km/h. Some change increments based on current speed: +5 or +10. I have 1 step only, speed unrelated unfortunately. Guys, do you have the same?

Mine is in 1mph adjustments as well. I’ve not held it in position to see if it makes bigger jumps.

Reactions: Magix and Daggerit
My car which is MY23 is 1mph increments if that helps? An earlier 8Y S3 I had was 2.5mph !!! No idea why the change!

You can still hit the SET button at an exact speed to get it to sit at that as well.

Reactions: Mike.46, Magix and Daggerit
On a different note, I was out in my car with my neighbour yesterday and he said I should try starting the car in RS Performance mode and give it just a little throttle at the same time to see what kind of noise I could get out of the rear end. Wow...

Just a tiny bit of throttle and when it started up it gave three gunshots out of the exhaust that sounded genuinely like a pre-OPF 8V on startup. Definitely going to do that again if I'm feeling particularly anti-social. :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
When the exhaust is hot and you do that it backfires massively, makes a mental noise and is incredibly loud with the backfires. If its not hot mine doesn't do it. I only drive in performance so I always start it like that.

Reactions: kayemill, RS03???, Daggerit and 1 other person
Appreciate all the CC related responses. So the increments really could differ. Odd, but it is what it is. Don't think the dealer could change that with some kind of an update, but will call and ask just in case. Btw, created the request on obd11 for an app to tune the CC increments. Will try my luck.

When the exhaust is hot and you do that it backfires massively, makes a mental noise and is incredibly loud with the backfires. If its not hot mine doesn't do it. I only drive in performance so I always start it like that.
Presume in manual mode?

Presume in manual mode?
Yeah I only drive in manual unless I'm doing long distance on the motorway but 99% of the time I'm just on country roads, in performance and manual.
To get the backfire though I just change to performance, and blip on startup

Was more concerned that you weren't in manual mode and went everywhere in 1st gear haha.

Not too bothered about pops and bangs, had that on my previous car. Megane 300 Trophy, made a lot of noise that one... great car.

Hmmm, mine is 1mph increments with the adaptive cruise. Unless you hold the stalk up or down and then it jumps in 5's.
I wonder if there's a setting somewhere? the 2.5mph 'jump' does annoy me after the 1mph on my Golf R

I wonder if there's a setting somewhere? the 2.5mph 'jump' does annoy me after the 1mph on my Golf R
Can't say I've noticed a setting anywhere, but that doesn't mean it's not buried in the menus some place!

Visit to Audi, under warranty.
As expected dealer was useless. Tried Ayr first which seemed to go through to a central call center. Line was terrible. He wanted me to book the car in for diagnostics. First appointment available was May 4th. I declined and tried Glasgow. I think it was actually someone in Glasgow, however she just said she was going to check with her parts department and call me back. Not sure why and I've heard nothing since.

I think I'll just live with it until it's next service.

Can't say I've noticed a setting anywhere, but that doesn't mean it's not buried in the menus some place!
On my 8V (with adaptive cruise) it was 2.5mph but I set it to 1mph with either VCDS or OBD11 can't remember which now.

Btw, OBD11 added a new app for CC increments of 1 aka "Adjust ACC in 1 kmh Steps". They were so amazingly fast. Will try it out tomorrow!

As expected dealer was useless. Tried Ayr first which seemed to go through to a central call center. Line was terrible. He wanted me to book the car in for diagnostics. First appointment available was May 4th. I declined and tried Glasgow. I think it was actually someone in Glasgow, however she just said she was going to check with her parts department and call me back. Not sure why and I've heard nothing since.

I think I'll just live with it until it's next service.
Would suggest, when you book it in for the service, that the under-door projector has not worked for x months.
Alternatively, if you are willing, they are easy to remove and swop to check if its the wiring feeding it or the actual projector. They are easy to unclip with a plastic spudger.

Would suggest, when you book it in for the service, that the under-door projector has not worked for x months.
Alternatively, if you are willing, they are easy to remove and swop to check if its the wiring feeding it or the actual projector. They are easy to unclip with a plastic spudger.

Sorry, it’s the “RS3” door sill that’s gone out, not the projector. Not going to see it now till next winter anyway so willing to wait.

Sorry, it’s the “RS3” door sill that’s gone out, not the projector. Not going to see it now till next winter anyway so willing to wait.

OK, understood. Thats a destroy and replace job.

My LE was 2.5 mph but the VS is 1 mph. Personally I preferred the 2.5 increments as it is easier to set the speed.

080f127292e13ab484b610bb6830ee4e.jpg

Reactions: Daggerit, Terminator x, NevMan and 1 other person
Had the car out on ‘track’ today

Reactions: drgav2005, RS03???, kayemill and 1 other person
That ACC controls are annoying. 1mph increments when you tap it up or down (that's cool) but then you hold it and it shoots up in 5mph interments way too fast.

Reactions: Daggerit
That ACC controls are annoying. 1mph increments when you tap it up or down (that's cool) but then you hold it and it shoots up in 5mph interments way too fast.
I know what you mean, but I've gotten pretty used to it now thankfully. Strangely, I had an A3 loan car and that took noticeably longer holding the stalk up or down before it went to 5mph increments and was generally nicer to use. Should've just bought an A3 instead. :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

• Haha
Reactions: IanL-RS3
I’ve just done the ‘remember last setting’ for the lane assist. Massive thanks to those that posted how to do it.

Reactions: kayemill, Mike.46, Frankel and 2 others
I’ve just done the ‘remember last setting’ for the lane assist. Massive thanks to those that posted how to do it.
It was almost a life changing experience turning that off for good!

Reactions: kayemill, Mike.46, Daggerit and 1 other person
These cars are quick, took a 'spirited' overtake of an F-Type R the other day as I pulled into the outside lane of the motorway, he was obviously resentful of an 'Audi A3' passing him and embarrassing him in front of his 'girlfriend', he decided to floor it and failed. Unfortunately his poor judgement and driving meant he had to brake so hard for a car in the middle lane his chest wig hit the windscreen and his gold medallion flipped up and hit his chin :grinning: :grinning: All day long it's what I love about these cars, right under the radar if you have no clue

• Haha
Reactions: kayemill and Kevmoz
have I missed something what page on the forum is this on?
Do a search or page through until you find it, basically with VCDS or I think OBD11 you can find it under assistance (I seem to remember) and the Lane assist can be set to 'Remember last setting' so it is still availble for use (mine has been switched off for over 12 months now) but if switched off with the stalk it stays off forever until you decide to switch it back on (again with the stalk)

Reactions: Gazjs
have I missed something what page on the forum is this on?

Do a search or page through until you find it, basically with VCDS or I think OBD11 you can find it under assistance (I seem to remember) and the Lane assist can be set to 'Remember last setting' so it is still availble for use (mine has been switched off for over 12 months now) but if switched off with the stalk it stays off forever until you decide to switch it back on (again with the stalk)
Here's a link to the page. Post #102 & #111

Reactions: Kevmoz and Gazjs
Does anyone know the torque setting for the wheel bolts? I’ve finally invested in a proper torque wrench and want to check the settings.